“A real taste of India”

Bobby's Independent Camel and Village Safari - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Camel and Village Safari offers camel safaris in the sand dunes around Jaisalmer, and special village visits/homestay in the village of Chattrel. Visit my family, experience autentic rajasthani food and sleep under the stars in thhe sand dunes. See our website for more information.
London, United Kingdom
“A real taste of India”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Staying in the villiage with Bobbys family was a true Indian experience. Everyone was amazingly friendly and welcoming. We were fed traditional food and slept in the family home! The camal safari itself was brilliantly run, Bobby knows the desert like the back of his hand and answered all of our questions so we learnt a lot about the environment we were travelling through. Our time in the desert was so peaceful and Bobbys hospitality was brilliant, especially his cooking! I would recomend this experience to anyone who comes to Rajasthan as there aren't many opportunities as a traveller to be truely part of and accepted into the culture that surrounds you but this does just that!!

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“Amazing and authentic Indian experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

In January 2013 I went on a camel and village safari with Bobby. The desert is stunning and Chhatrel has a really relaxing, welcoming atmosphere. If you want to head off the beaten track of the travelling circuit in Rajasthan I would highly recommend getting in touch with Bobby. He is kind, polite, easy going (which is pretty unusual for camel safari guides in Jaisalmer!) and most importantly, trustworthy. I felt like a part of the family in Chhatrel. It was amazing to visit people who live completely differently to my family back in England. I learnt all about their way of life, their religion, behaviour and the community. I loved how happy they all were and how excited they were to meet us. Bobby was fantastic at answering all my questions on Chhatrel, the desert and Jaisalmer. He has years of experience with tourists (great English) and has lived in the area all his life. We became great friends. On the camel safari he cooked a great meal and made sure we were comfortable all evening. I loved sleeping under the stars. The sky is crystal clear because you are so far away from the busy cities and crowds. I loved riding the camel - amazing creatures! Bobby uses his own camel and he knows the landscape incredibly well. I can't recommend Bobby and his business highly enough. I think he offers something completely unique. He has a diamond personality and Chhatrel is unlike anywhere else I visited in India with its beautiful, raw landscape and warm hearted people.

Tokyo, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most exotic experience for you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I met this guy Bobby first when I booked camel safari through some hotel. After we went to camel safari, we got friends with each other. So he invited me as his friend to his village Chhatrel.

Actually in Chhatrel, there are no travellers at all. No. There are only local people, holy cows, dogs, and goats. They local people are almost all Muslim. So someone crys 5 times a day from their mosque. They are all toally moving for me because I had lived in Japan for 21 years which is well known country for cleanness, and less religious people than any other countries.

You can watch many shooting stars at night. You can go to camel safari at surprising cheap price which hotels cannot give travellers. Actually because he gives this not through hotels or such kinds, he can give camel safari at cheap price. For sure. You can trust this guy Bobby.

Most of all, you can meet this absolutely awesome guy and his famillys. Thorough his relationship between thier famillys and relatives, you can find something special which you usually forget in your busy life.

The most exotic experience for you!

1 Thank Takumi_Eguchi

Travelers who viewed Bobby's Independent Camel and Village Safari - Private Tours also viewed

Been to Bobby's Independent Camel and Village Safari - Private Tours? Share your experiences!