“Great authentic textile shop”

Silk Route Art Gallery
Ranked #17 of 33 Shopping in Jaisalmer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Silk Route Art Gallery is located in hotel the silk route. All products are from desert, original design and handcraft, traditional, unique.Desert gipsy made. Textiles, bed covers, tapestry, clothes, belt, bags, tablecloth, scarf, room ornaments,,,etc You can find only one item all of the world!! Also we are wholesale to the shop dealers.
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great authentic textile shop”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I am always wary when buying arts and textiles in India as you never really know what you are getting and always expect to get overcharged.

I found silk route a refreshing change as the quality of the textiles was great and having got them home (3 large bed spreads) they are still in good condition.

The staff here are very friendly and helpful. I did not find them at all pushy. Also the prices were very reasonable.

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful people”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great little place run by super friendly people. I ended up staying a week in Jaisalmer and they spent almost every day enjoying their company. They were really helpful and helped me sort out anything I wanted. I arrived a stranger and left a friend

Can't recommend this place enough.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank tobygaltress
jaisamler
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“jaisalmer traders”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Arriving in jaisalmer was a trip I really looked forward to and wasn't disappointed apart from getting charged at by a big cow with huge horns in a narrow alley and filtering through all the hustle and commission based wheeling and dealing that goes on there amongst shop owners, hotels and tourist operators.

So it was quite refreshing to meet bhawani singh the owner of silk route art gallery. He has a great collection of rajasthani materials collected from all over this area. Also Bhawani has a great passion/knowledge for his culture an handcrafts that it produces and I would have loved to have stayed longer to go into the desert areas to meet some of these tribes he deals with.

Bhawani also took me around on his motorbike to meet other industries in the area which were of interest to me and was a great help answering all the questions I had about this amazing city.

I brought many excellent things from his fantastically located shop and hope to return someday to buy more and just hang out with him.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank RAWTRIBE
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Marketing Only”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nothing to see anything special other than Marketing done by the tour operators. They get good commission on each sale which they collect in the night.

Visited November 2012
4 Thank Mano R
Taichung, Taiwan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This is a great shop and people are really nice!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

我造訪了JAISALMER兩次,因為我很喜歡這裡,還有交到許多好朋友,所以在我離開印度之前還有剩餘幾天的空檔,我又回到這可愛的小地方! 店裡有很多古老的收藏! 都是從沙漠地區的去個部落收集而來的傳統手工逢製品 ,價錢合理又可以幫助沙漠地區人家的收入! 店員們都很好,對你就像朋友一樣!絕不會強迫你買東西! 請他們安排的駱駝探險之旅或是吉普車沙漠之旅都價格合理又地點特殊! 別忘了參觀及造訪這可愛的小店! 我想你會跟我一樣,喜歡上這給你的感覺!!!!
i visited Jaisalmer in Jan of 2013,the first time i visited there i stay a week,went a really special camel safari for 4 days 3 night.They will arrange you everything and english speaker camel guild.
That's where i spend my new year's eve.Super special experience in the desert, without people squeeze together.I have my own sky and full of stars. Lucky me, even see the shooting star on new year's eve.And in the shop, the people in the store are super nice,the had the nice embroidery,patch work stuff collect from everywhere of desert.not pushing you buying anything, but they will help you find the one you want for you!!!I really like this place, that's why, when i have extra time in india before leave,i went back to see all the friend i meet in Jaisalmer, include the people i meet in this great shop!maybe after you saw this , you might saw me there again soon.

Visited January 2013
HotelTheSilkRoute, 広報担当マネージャー at Silk Route Art Gallery, responded to this review, January 18, 2015
Thanks for visiting us!
We are so happy to see you again!