“Beautiful times in Jaisalmer :)”
Review of Hotel Temple View

and 1 more site!
Hotel Temple View
Ranked #3 of 158 Jaisalmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hello All :)) I visited Jaisalmer last December .....I had a beautiful time ..... Felt at home at this hotel specially because of the warm hospitality of Mr. Luna :)) Beautfiul place ....a very beautiful roof top ..... We all stayed like a family :) Special thanks for the Dal-gattee ki kadi :)))Thank you Luna for the beautiful memoriesss .... Cheerss!!! Yashu :))

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 14, 2013

came for 2 days, stayed 2 weeks...
inside the fort, 30m. from the jain temple, there is a beautiful, clean, homely, simple guest house, running by a wonderful, extraordinary, kind guy calld luna.
the hotel has just 4 rooms, 2 of them with attached bathroom. there is no restaurant, but there's a kitchen on the roof top which every night the guests are making dinner together....
luna is a most most trustable person. you can leave your passport and money to him for keeping it, and also everything that is value. always ready to give a help, to advise, to cheer you up, to make a reservation for bus tickets, safari trip etc...I must say, that he is the only one that really doesn't care if you go on a safari trip....the opposite from the rest of the hotels owners....
the view from the rooftop is abselutly amazing, specially at night when you can hear the bells of the jain temple blowing in the wind just above your head...
luna is very active at the music school in his village down in the thar desert. there's a poseblity to volunteer in that school....just check it out with him.
it is a most highly recommended place, quiet, special and humble...like his owner....
miss you luna, see you again in few months....

Room Tip: all rooms are great....but just 2 of them have attached bathrooms....
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank danaorron
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed in Temple View for more than a week. The room was comfortable and clean. Luna is a very nice man. He is always ready for giving help. Highly recommendable place to stay. The terrace is absolutely beautiful. One of the best sights of Jaisalmer. You can almost touch the Jain temples carved copulas. Nights there are also beautiful.
If you want peace and nice people just go to Temple View!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank valenob
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the fort at 6am in search of a guesthouse a friend recommended, by chance Luna (owner of temple view) was out feeding the cows (something he does everyday), he gave us directions and also told us he had rooms. We decided that a man who wakes at dawn to feed the cows before himself must be an honest man and walked past the Jain temple to the modest hotel temple view. From the first meeting until we departed Luna proved himself to be an honest genuine host.
The rooms are simple but ruthlessly clean, the shower is hot, the view from the rooftop is great and the location is perfect. We really enjoyed our stay (after dreading the jaisalmer hustle prior to our visit).

So charmed were we by our host that we arranged our camel safari with him. I have no doubt that it is possible to find cheaper deals but Luna provides peace of mind. We took a 1 day jeep safari finishing off with an hour on a camel and sunset on the dunes. We saw no other tourists, no beggars, no dancing children, but best of all the sun setting over the dunes - despite my pessimistic and sceptical outlook I was impressed.

My advice: ignore the touts, take a tuk-tuk into the fort, head past the Jain temple and check in to temple view.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank thegink
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hotel Temple View was recommended to me by a friend as a nice place to stay. While I was previously unsure if I should come to Jaisalmer on my trip to Rajasthan I was convinced knowing there was an nice and easy place to stay within my budget. It definitely exceeded my expectations and made my trip to Jaisalmer much more pleasant. This is my favorite budget hotel in Rajasthan. The owner is friendly and down to earth, the rooms are immaculate and have lots of character and it's in a quiet and majestic setting within the fort of Jaisalmer. I am a solo female traveler and felt very comfortable staying here. I could stay here long term for sure! There is also a lovely roof terrace with a view of the Jain Temple and the desert. This is definitely a place I will come back to!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bizz a
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I came across this hotel after leaving a different budget choice in the fort due to dirty rooms and staff that gave me a bad feeling. Hotel Temple View is one of the best places I have stayed in six trips to India- rooms are clean with comfortable mattresses and local embroidery on the walls, there is a lovely and relaxing rooftop that is literally right next to the Jain temple and has a sunrise view of the desert, and the owner Luna is kind, helpful and patient. He does his best to make guests feel comfortable and while offering safari and travel services will not push you to book with him. The rooms are also very fairly priced starting at 150 rs for a simple single with shared toilet and as I said before you cannot beat the atmospheric location or peace and quiet away from honking autorickshaws. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Solo travelers should see if the beautiful stone single room with balcony is available.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ellenruth1984
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have stayed at Temple View five times now - I visit Jaisalmer regularly, and always stay here. I have become very good friends with the owner, Luna, and can assure you that you will never find a more lovely person in this city. If you stay here, you will not be disappointed with the company in any way.

There is absolutely none of the pushiness usually associated with jaisalmer hoteliers (r.e. camel safaris etc.).

as for specifics, the rooms are clean and spacious, as are the bathrooms. The terrace is a great place to view the temple and the city.

Please stay here if you come to lovely Jaisalmer :) Happy travels!

Room Tip: all rooms are fine - one has a squat toilet, one a western toilet, but that is the only difference.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo