“nice view”

Rooftop Restaurant at Shanti
Ranked #58 of 194 Restaurants in Jaisalmer
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I visited Jaisalmer a couple of days back and decided to book my stay in this hotel after reading some good reviews on TripAdvisor. The rooms are clean, beautiful, well decorated and give you a feel of Rajasthan and its colorful culture. The icing on the cake is their lovely rooftop restaurant. This has an enclosed section (with AC) which can be used even in hot afternoons to sip/ munch away while you read from any of their numerous books. The outer section is best experienced in evenings, and offers a nice view of the fort. When you are done roaming the city streets, the rooftop is a nice place to unwind.
The staff here is courteous and extremely helpful, but what really makes them stand out is how much they would go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Even after we had checked-out, they offered to safe-keep our luggage while we moved around the city, and gave us free drops - once in the city and once to the railway station. All my inquiries about room fare, services and desert safari were pleasantly handled by Mr. Dev, whom I would strongly recommend for any information on how best to spend your time in Jaisalmer. Thank you guys for a memorable stay.
Oh! And do try their Butter Chicken

3  Thank parthudas

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Average place for food lovers... not very interesting menu .. no ambiance... food was ok .. service needs improvement..

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This quaint rooftop restaurant not only had a great view of the city from the fortress, but also had a great ambiance (even an area to lounge on cushions as you enjoyed your food).

Reviewed March 27, 2012

very nice restaurant with nice and welcoming staff. I did not order much but i enjoyed the view and even had free masala chai a few times as they recognized me... Very-very nice. I will come back.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Ordered food from here and ate at our hotel. So dont know about service, view or cleanliness. But food was good.