Tripadvisor
Jaisalmer
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews rooftop restaurant the owner great view jaisalmer fort fort walls nice guesthouse the location is perfect place to stay great host thali tuk tuk desert safari lala jain temple india sunrise
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

We stayed a night at Mud Mirror in winter. It was very comfortable — a hot water shower, strong WiFi, comfortable bed and very clean room.

The best part was being invited to spend time and have a welcome chai tea drink on the rooftop with the owner of the property, Surya.

It is pretty much the tallest point inside Jaisalmer fort, so you have a great view of the city below you. We were also told that our window next to the bed looks out East, so we just needed to open the curtains in the morning, to admire an unblocked sunrise. Unfortunately the next morning was too foggy, so we just stayed in bed!

The evening we arrived, we had a lovely chat with Surya about his travels around the world, sitting by a campfire, overlooking the twinkling lights of Jaisalmer fort below. He is a wonderful and generous soul and I have no doubt he takes very good care of all his guests. Stay at Mud Mirror and spend some time with him and his colleagues.. ask Surya about his trip to South Korea! :-D

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Ttmjdew
Reviewed December 28, 2019

Best hospitality hotel in Jaisalmer. This is my first review for any hotel and trust me you will not regret booking your room here if you get it :) . Host and family are very much approachable and with great response.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2019

I had met the owner, Surya, in passing on the street and made a point to come up to his restaurant on my last evening in Jaisalmer. His restaurant made great food while he entertained me with nice conversation. Although I did not stay here I saw a glimpse into a room and it looked immaculate. The rooftop view was also the best I found in my few days in the city. Truly no need to hesitate booking or dining here! And staying within the fort allows an extra level of safety and feeling a part of their small community.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

This place is a little diamond in Jaisalmer. It’s beautifully decorated with caractere Rooms AND toilets are very clean and the staff are super friendly. We loved our room with an amazing view. Thank you Surya for making our stay
in Jaisalmer unforgettable.❤️

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Everything was so good! The location is great inside fort with amazing Jian Temple view. The room was nice and clean, food in the restaurant tasty, stuff is so friendly.

The owner Surya is just the perfect host - so nice and helpful - it was really a pleasure to talk to him and he helped a lot with everything - to organize safari, to buy online tickets to the train, to go to the ATM and get the cash and so on!

It was really a pleasure to stay in Mud Mirror - I felt there like at home, didn’t want to leave!

Date of stay: April 2019