“A warm place to stay inside the fort. ”

Mud Mirror Guest House
Ranked #2 of 162 Jaisalmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Extremely recommended!

Arrived 5am in the morning, the staff welcomed me with the warm-hearted coffee and offered a mattress and a blanket to rest under the stairs. Later I enjoyed the sunrise in front of the hotel seeing whole city waking up.

The room is clean with abundant of hot water, the staffs are polite and the owner is very kind. I stayed one night and went safari on the next day, and the owner kindly gave me a free shower after one night in desert.

It has a good view looking over the city on rooftop and in the room. It is in a quiet place without hearing tourists buzzing, but you can also walk easily into the busy alleys selling souvenirs just around the corner! The price is affordable and the quality is good.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My experienc was splendid in mud mirror guest house....I stayed there for a week...n d prefect hospitality of this guest house made my week...a beautiful n unforgtble momnt....d staff der were vry friendly and did a gud look after ...d we'll furnishd room...wid vry comfrtbpe bed and d inner scnario of guest house including d walls painting by mirrors...gives a realistic immpersion of rajasthani art n cupture...d outer location waz rly superb...as jst located near d jain temple on d fort......evrtythng waz marvls n surprizng fact is tht on sch a affordble cost....I rly wana go der agn n agn...which cn add sme wonderful momnts in journy of lyf...

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We booked this GH because it had very good reviews but we were very disapointed. Indeed everyone is very very kind and the location is top A.
But our room was dirty. There is only a bed with a very thin matrass. No hot water.
The walls are not sealed so everything it touched was yellow. A had to think hard about this review because the owners are so nice. But I believe they can learn from this. Spend a bit of money on a table and chair in the room. Go and buy some new matresses. Invest in the bathroom and no one can beat you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lojan V
suriyajaisalmer, Owner at Mud Mirror Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time and effort in sharing your feedback as it enables us to measure and improve our performance in our quest of providing you home-stay hospitality.
When you arrived in our small Hotel, I advice you about our basic facility as we do not have Luxury services. I highly apologies for the problem you faced during your stay, I know saying sorry wouldn't fix all the problems. About Hot water, I remind you about hot water that first bucket will be running cold water, as we have boiler water.
I have start running this place in a while so I'm still working on it. I will do my best to resolve all the problems so this type of problem won't be faced by any other guest.
We will serve you better and with most facilities in your future visit.
Best Regards
Surya,
Mud Mirror Guest House

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Very pleasant rooms with windows overlooking the Fort walls; lovely position within the ancient walls of Jaisalmer Fort. The view from the restaurant on the roof is stunning - we very much enjoyed taking a relaxed breakfast here in the morning, and the food was excellent. Lalabhai was really friendly and welcoming and did everything he could to make sure we enjoyed our stay.
The Mud Mirror is just next to the Jain temples which are unmissable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My Partner and I stayed at Mud Mirror over Christmas 2013.

We found Mud Mirror to be the best guest house we stayed in on our recent trip across India. Our host, Lala, was incredibly friendly and went out of his way to ensure we had a comfortable and pleasant stay at his guest house.

The views from our room were outstanding- this must be one of the best located guest houses in the Fort - behind the Jain temple and with commanding views of the fort and surrounds.

I highly recommend Mud Mirror and look forward to staying there on our next trip to magical Jaisalmer!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed there more than a year ago, but I can still remember every detail of the place. Mr Sunshine (Surya the owner) makes the whole difference, coz he is helpful and friendly, kind hearted, and most importantly, the guesthouse is not just a business to him. He pours his heart out for the place, as well as for all of his guests. When you are there, remember to ask him about the story behind "Mud Mirror"!

I remember during my last day in Jaisalmer, I was so disheartened because I couldn't get the bus that I intended to take to Bilkaner. The bus I took was in midnight, and I had no idea how to get there. Surya even woke up and drove me there with his motorcycle... the Chai that he brought me at the bus station to keep me warm, I can never forget.

AND, my fellow Korean travelers, the guesthouse owner can speak FLUENT Korean! That's a plus plus!

Highly recommend Mirror Mud House, and Surya :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed at Mud Mirror from 27th-30th December 2013, together with 7 other cousins. The first thing that strikes you about the place is the view you get from that rooftop restaurant. It's breathtaking, whether in the morning or at night, and it's one of the things you'll never forget about the place. You're hardly there for a few moments and the brothers Lala and Surya start helping you with everything around. They're warm and agreed to show us around on the first day since we were new, even though they didn't really need to. I've never seen hotel staff do it so willingly anywhere else. They took us around the whole fort and introduced us to people so we could go around and shop at low prices. They arranged for hot water even if we came back late at night. We even ordered for tea once very late at night, and they delivered it to the room within minutes. If you look for warmth in a new place, please go to Mud Mirror. I would visit Jaisalmer again and stay at theirs for sure. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants to visit that place. We haven't really had the chance to taste a lot of their food, but their morning breakfast with special fresh orange juice was amazing. The guesthouse is also relatively close to a lot of important things: the Jain Mandir, the Museum, the Fort entrance. Makes it highly comfortable to move around. Go with family, go with friends, go alone, but if you're going to Jaisalmer, this is the place you'd want to stay at. :)

Room Tip: Take the room with the Taj Mahal engraved on the walls on the top floor. It has amazing windows to s...