“Nice Guest House with excellent view!”

Mud Mirror Guest House
Ranked #2 of 159 Jaisalmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Mud Mirror has great location inside the Fort just next to Jain Temple. It has amazing view from the rooftop, located just on the edge of the Fort's wall. You can see the outside city like on your hand from one side and observe the beautiful carvings of the Jain Temple from the other side. The owner Surya is very nice and hospitable, with whom you can have nice talk or ask information. He can also cook delicious Indian food for you. The rooms of the guest house are clean and nice and it is a pleasure to stay there!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Mud Mirror Guest House one of the most amazing hotel experience I ever had just because of the hospitality shown by Mr. Lala, his brother and his crew of 2 boys!!! The guest house is clean, comfortable and got an amazing view.... there might be more guest house in India that might offer better rooms and luxury but in my experience the hospitality and the mannerism I experience form Lala and his staff was an experience itself.... simplicity and humbleness is the key... After riding bike for more than 450 km when I had booking of a non A/c room, Mr. Lala offered me an A/c room without charging anything extra.... from that moment whatever I needed he was there to assist and help me all the time with his smile.... I like Jaisalmer but I enjoyed the stay at the Mud Miror Guest House!!! I recommend it wholeheartedly to everyone!!! Thank you Lala and his crew for this wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Anu P
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Mud Mirror was one of the best places we stayed during our 3-week long trip in India. It is a beautiful little guesthouse with great views in the fort of Jaisalmer and we really enjoyed our stay there. Surya, the owner, was incredibly nice and helpful. He made sure that everything was okay and we really felt home while we were staying there.

My friend and I stayed in a room with huge windows and great views. You could sit in the window looking out the city and read. We actually spent a whole day in the room, doing nothing but enjoying the views. We asked Surya to have some food delivered and ate in. He had chai tea delivered to our room.

We went up to the roof top to see the sunrise and the sunset over the desert. The views were just amazing. I would definately recommend to stay at Mud Mirror and i will stay there again if i return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Smiles114
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A great little budget guesthouse in the walls of the fort near the Jain temples. A big clean room with a massive bay window ( that you can sit in ) looking out over Jaisalmer. Very friendly helpful owners. Great value for money. Lovely rooftop for sitting out in. I loved this guesthouse and recommend it fully.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This guest house was good value but not the best value encountered in India. The room was a good size with attached bathroom, I could not get any hot water but this was OK as you're not supposed to use much water inside the fort anyway. The staff were very helpful. The food in the rooftop restaurant was average. The fan in my room would not work on the first night and this meant I had to open the windows which resulted in me getting bitten which wasn't ideal. I fixed it myself by hitting it. I wouldn't say it was 2 stars but it was fine for a couple of nights

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank chammp
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The place was very nice and comfortable, one of the cleanest I've been in India.
The owner is very nice and polite. I've spent a very good time there.
Location is fantastic and the price are not too high.

Can't complain about anything.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Thank you so much Lala it was so good for us to stay with you at your place! We love it all, the room clean and with a big toilet, the food, great pasta and pizzas, and the best of all the views wich was breath taking and the company, We loved Jaisalmer city, and is so close to everything and inside the fort wich makes it more special, we met great people there and Lala will be one of the special ones for ever, thank you!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple