“Lovely experience”

Mud Mirror Guest House
Ranked #1 of 156 Jaisalmer B&B and Inns
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Mud Mirror House is run by two brothers who build up the business by themselves and have since come a long way in accommodating guests.

My experience with Mud Mirror House was excellent, from the beginning on I was taken care of by the friendly staff and have experienced the real Indian hospitality that so many other places tend to kiss out these days.

The owner was always available for a chat and even took me on a motorbike tour through the city free of charge. He showed me all the sights in Jaisalmer and explained the history behind them.

Mud Mirror House is conveniently situated right beside the Jain temples, which you can see right from the room. The roof top area is an absolute highlight and has great views over the fort and the surrounding desert. Food is decently priced and authentic Rajasthani and international cuisine. I found the food to be the best food I had in Jaisalmer, and beyond places recommended by the famous guidebook.

Wi-fi works great, and I had no issues surfing the net or Skype my friends.

Overall I can't commend this place strong enough. I am already looking forward to next year to come back to the Mud Mirror House

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was there twice for my visited Rajasthan, first time on February 2012 and my secound time on January 2013. The guesthouse are on very good location on fort just next to Jain temple. They only have 4 rooms but all the rooms are big and clean, toilet is working well. Hotel staff are very friendly and hotel owner are helping me a lot during my stay in Jaisalmer. If you stay here, you will see the best view of sunrise from the windows every morning. I was happy to go back to stay here again if I go to Jaisalmer in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bkkplayground
Singapore
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I travelled around India for almost a month, this is the cheapest hotel I stayed but the best I enjoyed.
The hotel is inside Fort. The room is clean and with air-con and great view.
The owner is like a friend not a business man. He's not talkative as other Indians, but he gives you all the helps you need just as your best friend could give.
The owner brought me to a LP-recommended camel travel agent without any commission which is usually done by other hotel owners. And he can cook as you required.
Don't wanna say too much, just book this hotel and you won’t regret.

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms, 2 are with air-con and 2 are not. Choose the room with air-con, it seems tha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Steveston
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed outside of the fort on the first night but decided to stay up in the fort for our final two nights and couldn't have been happier with Mud Mirror. One of the best places we stayed at during our two months in India.

Liked the service (all staff were amazing, friendly, chatty, always willing to please, good advice on itineraries but never pushy or trying to sell things, flexible check-in/check-out times, carried our bags to the rickshaw and negotiated the price with the driver for us), the room (one window with a sitting area facing the desert and perfect for the sunrise, another window facing the ancient Jain temples, large bathroom, good hot water), the guesthouse layout (rooftop restaurant with nice views, only four guest rooms making it a cozier stay), the location (inside the fort, close to the main sites, restaurants and shops), the food (the best food we had in Jaisalmer - loved the thali, they even prepared and packed food for us to take on our overnight train).

Didn't like that the WIFI came and went with my laptop, although it seemed to work fine for some other guests.

Overall a great place to stay especially for the opportunity to meet the amazing hosts. I wouldn't look elsewhere but I also wouldn't book in advance. Much better deal to show up and negotiate the rate directly with them.

Room Tip: Go for their top room with three different views (desert, fort walls, Jain temple) if it is availabl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I wasn't planning to stay overnight in Jaisalmer until I got a lift from the friendly hotel staff who showed me Mud Mirror Guesthouse. The room was so exquisite and Jaisalmer-like that I felt an immediate urge to stay for a night inside the fort. I cancelled my bus ticket to the planned destination and decided to stay overnight. Very clean and unique ambience. The hotel staff was really nice and helpful too. I highly recommend Mud Mirror.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank wenwentravel
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We chose Mud Mirror Guest House because it had such good ratings on Tripadvisor and I must say we didn't regret our choice! Lala and his brother are the perfect hosts and did everything to make us comfortable. The rooms are beautifully decorated and of course the view of the temple and on the other side of the desert, make it all worthwhile!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Old Bar
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This guesthouse has a great location in the fort and the staff are fantastic and keen to please.The rooms are clean and the food is good.
I suggest that you book directly with the hotel and save money.Agoda is normally cheap throughout Asia but generally in India it is cheaper to book directly.
Here are the contact details mudmirror@yahoo.co.in p.0091-02992-252988
Mobile 09414763003

Room Tip: Some rooms are better than others so try to check out the rooms first. The staff are wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family