“It's all about the camel safari's...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaisalmer
Hotel Bright Haveli
Ranked #111 of 153 Jaisalmer B&B and Inns
Gothenburg, Sweden
“It's all about the camel safari's...”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Knowing it in advance I decided nevertheless to go to this hotel. It was clear that the idea behind this hotel is to send people on their camel safari's, and then leave again asap.

I had a room at the entrance level. No warm water, toilet didn't flush, washbasin gave no water.
Also, the morning after my return from the camel safari they woke me at 8:00, under the assumption I would be packing already to leave, while we negotiated prices for two nights.
In the end I didn't bother staying another night and went back to Jodhpur that evening.

Room Tip: Are there good rooms?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank FRidh

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Me and my friend had a great time here, they picked up us at the bus station. Helped os to suit our safari trip to the Thar Desert! We went for 3 days and two night and paid 4050 rupies. We went by jeep to the desert and started the ride by the camels in to the desert. Had great nights around the campfire, slept under the sky full of stars! Hotel briight gave us a night for free when we came back to hotel bright.
They promised us wifi but it didn't worked.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank ResaJennie
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

So, if you take an overnight bus don't let anyone guilt you into making a quick decision about a camel trip. This hotel does free pick-ups from the bus station which is real nice, but once you check-in and wait for your room to be cleaned they will of course talk about there camel trips and quote you a price that is near double what a trip should be. Afterwards when I came out of my tired state, from little sleep on the bus, I realized that if I hadn't know the average price for a day on a camel, between 600 to 750 rupees, my fiend and I would've completely got ripped off. Because I didn't ever answer the guy he continued to go lower and lower then threw in 2 nights free accommodation. Ooh the joys I guess he gets out of ripping people off who are tired and don't know the average cost. And the trip we were told me would see a temple that never happened. We were told we would visit villages. We went to a few and the children asked for things from every person on the trip. I was very taken back by this because I know from working in a village here children don't ever ask for anything, they expect nothing unless I suppose they have somehow gained some distorted thinking regarding tourists. The best thing is how we washed our dishes and cups with water and sand. I prayed that I wouldn't get sick! On another note the trip guide was pretty decent and always catered to help people with anything needed...special diets, passing items from camel-to-camel, etc.
I wouldn't recommend going to this hotel only because people are pressured in a very passive way to take their over priced trips. And upon arrival back they don't ask how the went and they try and get out of paying for transport back to the bus/train station; eventhough, the hotel brochure states they offer this service.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Born1983

Travelers are raving about these Jaisalmer hotels

Stonehouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The bed sheets were stained and dirty, walls, floor, bath in terrible conditon. Bad room service & rude manager. Noisy. Horrible room. Very expensive safari 1800 RS per day!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Be careful about staying at this place. I got tricked into a jeep that was going to take me downtown, and instead dropped me off that this place. The owner Roman offered me an "air conditioned" cheap room for 250 rupees. I could not check whether AC worked because the electricity was OFF in the whole town. When electricity finally was turned on, the AC was not functioning.

By that time the owner, Roman convinced me to prepay a one day camel Safari for 2200 rupees, which was more than double that all the other places charge. I was promised good food, 9 liters of bottled water, which were never delivered. The camel safari was just OK, and definitely not worth the extra cost.

The second night in town I checked out and stayed at Hotel Paradise, which actually had AC and a great restaurant.

The owner, Roman, will trick you and try to squeeze every rupee out of you, without delivering promised service. I do not recommend staying at this place!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
paris
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hotel BRIGHT HAVELI is a great place to stay and see the western part of Rajasthan, it is inside the wonderful yellow sandstone fort at Jaisalmer.
The owner VIMAL and his staff are warm, friendly and very helpful, always wanting to help make your visit memorable.
While I understand the need to protect vulnerable places by restricting visitors this must be balanced by the need for these places to earn money to help with renovation.
We stayed 4 nights here, and were happy with this place - the only reason that I've not given this place the 'excellent' rating is that the food was a little bit more basic than you'd expect from such a classy hotel - typical momo, veg chow-mein, etc.

Breakfasting on top of the fort walls was great, but for evening meals it's best to go elsewhere. Of course, this was only our experience of the off-season - the menu may be more varied at other times of year

It's great go and see.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rybnik, Poland
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The Hotel is extremely cheap, but don’t let yourself be fooled. The business model of this place implies selling the camel safari additionally to the room, at a not very attractive price. Some say they even may ask you to leave if you don’t take the safari. I don’t know, I took the safari. The rooms are very basic. We asked for hot water, and it was arranged for us. Generally: basic and cheap, so unless you know a better place, you may take Hotel Bright.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple