See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My Family and I stayed here for 1 night in NOV 201 and we really loved it.
From the moment you reach the front door it is plain that this hotel is something special. Everywhere you look, inside and out, the walls and ceilings are covered with hand-painted decoration.

Our room was no exception: it had glorious decoration, colored glass lamp shades and photos of Rajasthan. The room was very cleaned and nicely cooled.The bathroom was spotless; something of a rarity in India!

Breakfast was excellent, we enjoyed BHABHI'S hand made (poha). We didn't have dinner over here but such a lovely atmosphere, all 3 boys in staff also so friendly,shokat ali and all

The hotel is also in a nice area - it's a short rickshaw ride nr by city but in a quiet residential area so there was much less of the street noise that plagues many hotels in India.

We loved our stay in the HOTEL ROSE VILLA and would have no hesitation in booking to stay there again if we returned to JAISALMER.

Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank AMITPATHAK7885
Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you are on a budget and traveling to Jaiselmer & had has chosen Rose Villa, you won't be disappointed. First the disadvantages: It is located on a by-lane and does not have an impressive entry. But it is located at a walking distance from the Hanuman circle and market. There is no telephone in rooms, but the service response is faster and better than many other places.
There are numerous advantages: The rooms are moderate sized and well decorated. The room and toilets are neat and clean. The rooms are intelligently decorated and the colors are pleasing. The food is good. The most important advantage is the personal touch rarely seen in such Indian budget hotels. The owner Mr. Joshi was there to pick us up at railway station. The camp to dessert perfectly suited our budget and needs. We visited all places in JSM and markets/eateries upon their suggestions. They suggested easy and cheap ways of going around (rather than cabs as many others would do). Overall a great place that offers you a lot of roses without any thorn at such a low price. You may feel it is a steal.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012

our friend in udaipur recommended rose villa when we revealed were going to jeisalmer for safari's. we got a young boy waiting for us on the bus station,[which was great since there's a lot of scams going on]

owner of the hotel joshi, is a great great man,treating us like a part of his family, not the guests..
staff was very caring and attentive.
i had a great stay

ps- w chose safari with another company, because we were running out the cash and we were searching for the cheapest opportunity, but im sure camel trip with rose villa people would be great too.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

These are the first things , which come into my mind when I think back of Rosevilla and its personnel. If it was not to them I would believe, that most of the Indians try to take advantage of you and rip you off, only because you are a tourist.
Pankajs and Ujwala, who host that Hostel are an open minded young couple and most importantly for non Hindi speaking guests: they speak English and by English I mean: they speak English well! It was truly a blessing, my friends and I used that opportunity to ask them about all the unexplained things, which where in our minds and hence got a load of information, which helped us get along better during our travels in big India!

Pankajs omelets are transcendent! I eat a lot of egg, since I am a student and also have already eaten a lot of omelette, but his are so far the best, luckily he was kind enough to give me his recipe :)
I am looking forward to making them soon.

Concerning the rooms: they were clean and tidy and we were provided with everything we need at any time. When Pankaj saw our mosquito nets, he afterwards considered installing a permanent construction, which would protect his guests against those potentially dangerous flies. This thinking alone showed me, what a good-natured person he is, I really wish him and his wife the best of luck and hope that his business will run well, because I think, they really deserve it.

You have my full recommendation to make a booking on this beautiful accommodation.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank naiko86
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I am really missing this place. What a peaceful spot. Rooms were very clean and comfortable, food was excellent and very inexpensive. We also had Camel Safari,which was great experiences, arrange by Joshi , dont miss that! Very nice people I wish it were closer to home as I would return often. Jaisalmer Fort and Haveli's are also great if you are there then dont miss it!

Room tip: Super Dlx Ac room was good...and with view of Fort
Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank sonu271991
hotelrosevilla, Owner at Hotel Rose Villa, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed and great review!

We are pleased to hear that we were able to make your Jaisalmer trip delightful and enjoyable.

Your compliments have been shared with the team and they extends their gratitude that their efforts has been appraised.

Rose Villa team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Regards,