“Dont fall for their outlook”

3 Palms Jaisal Vilas
Ranked #103 of 113 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Worst experience with this hotel. Not equipped to cater to travelers. Short on staff, Food is worst, Arrogant behavior of operational manager (restaurant). For every little thing one has to contact front desk but no action is taken even after repeated request. rooms provided with the structure in front of the room window and in the open space they arranged food and musical program invading privacy of the guest.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 73mb63
saumya73, Manager at 3 Palms Jaisal Vilas, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your honest review. We have made a serious note of your complaints, and will work to improve the same with immediate effect. High standards of hospitality, are something we strive to achieve. However, during the course of your stay, the property was in transition and being taken over by the 3 Palms Hotels & Resorts group, and hence, there were certain staffing and operational issues. Inconvenience caused to you is regretted. However we hope that you will give us another chance to serve you!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Located in the Golden Desert Town of Rajasthan, this is one of the newer but better Hotels in Jaisalmer. With nicely done up rooms, a cozy swimming pool, a lovely spa, multi cuisine restaurant, banquet and an all inclusive gym, the hotel has it all what you name. The quality of food is excellent and you get the choice what you desire. The hotel has a good hospitality department and can provide you with desired transport, i.e. bus, car, cab etc. for any destination or sightseeing place such as Sam and Kuri dune bashing. Its not far from the city - Jaisalmer Fort and Patwa Haveli nearby - and is reasonably affordable considering the facilities. A must consider for all families, solo, honey mooners, professionals or film makers. Had a great stay.......Enjoy

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool will be better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank neeraj2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I had a very comfortable stay at this hotel. We got off season rates which was good value for money. Being off season, the swimming pool was under repair, however, it did not affect us. The staff was very friendly and attentive. In my opinion, the charges for the use of internet is relatively exorbitant. Another negative point about this hotel is lack of adequate transportation to the city. The hotel is located about 3kms outside the city boundary. Overall the hotel provides comfortable and clean accommodation at moderate prices.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob J
Reviewed March 13, 2013

In one word i wann say that the stay in this hotel is really value of money.I stayed with my Family & kids. I had a gr8 experience during the stay. The staff was very courteous. The rooms were neat and spacious also the swimming pool is good. Very beautifully maintained ... will definitely like to visit it again ...!!! I recommend it to all ... Best option in Jaisalmer ..!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My journey that led me to Jaisal Villas was probably different from most. I have been bicycling across India for two months. I had a hotel room sixty miles away from Jaisalmer on a 100 degree day. But a testy government official would not allow the hotel to let me stay citing some rule about foreigners in an area near the Pakistani border. I later checked. The rule didn't apply to areas on the periphery of NH-15. Anyway, with no place to,sleep at 4:00 PM I began the sixty mile bicycle ride to Jaisalmer arriving about 11:00 PM. I don't know how often an American wearing a turban rolls up on a bicycle in the middle of the night with an I-Pad blaring Guns n Roses but the guard didn't blink, smiled, shook my hand, and welcomed me to Jaisal Villas. It's the frst hotel in town if you arrive on NH-15. I was quickly checked in amd the AC was cool. The hot water they had to activate at that hour and it took half an hour for a lukewarm stream of water. That's India but still the room was $125 per night. The TV had English stations. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and other decorative bedding.. My room was clean but in a couple places the paint was beginning to peel. And to turn off the recessed lighting it was necessary to pull the key card out of it's slot which I thought killed all power but actually left the TV on so I used the TV receptacle to charge my electronics overnight. Everything was very quiet. The season is ending. The airport will be closed soon for six months. I'm moving to a smaller hotel closer to the fort which is more my taste being in the thick of things. Breakfast was interesting. No menu. The waiters made suggestions and then brought everything anyway: omelette masala, fresh fruit, fresh squeezed juice, toast with butter and jam, muphins, French toast with honey. Their attention to my every need actually made me uncomfortable but some people like the over the top service. When I paid all of $2 for that endless breakfast they didn't have change (a recurring theme in India). I have become good at standing my ground. I explained that their tip was in that change and voila! change appeared. I just grabbed the first place coming into town so the pool and gym I didn't check out and I did see a small bar as I walked to breakfast which was closed at that hour. It's not Taj but it's also a fraction of the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had a great experience overall during the stay. Although had a bits and bobs delay to get extra room amenities but the staff was very helpful and friendly throughout. My wife really loved the food, ambience and the special treatment she got it on her birthday. The hotel staff made that day for us with full of wonderful surprises. Overall, great place to stay and would like to again in future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The service and the facilities offered were really good and the hotel staff were very courteous. The theme and look of the hotel is magnificent and it really syncs well with the traditional 'wow' factor of the princely state of Rajasthan. Compared to the luxurious facilities on offer, the price was quite reasonable. Overall, a great place to stay !!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo