“best hotel in jaisalmer”

Hotel Lalgarh Fort & Palace
Ranked #37 of 103 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Maxcanu, Mexico
“best hotel in jaisalmer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Best place to stay in Jaiselmer, no other hotel in Jaiselmer can provide you the best of services, location and personalized attention unlike The lal garh fort and palace . Very nice interiors, well maintained property, neat & clean washrooms, terrace restaurant with fort view & the best part is their personalized services. The owner (Naru) treated us very well, a special thank you for Naru for suggesting us the best to do/not to do in Jaiselmer while on travel...tanu (The manager) is also a gem of a person. roof top restaurant was so nice and best view of fort dont miss night view from roof so amazing fort view

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lalgarhjsm, Owner at Hotel Lalgarh Fort & Palace, responded to this review, December 19, 2014
Thanks you so much for such nice feadback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Sorry to say this…… its all over hyped and Over Rated………they have only 3-4 Room which have OUTSIDE View…..room no 201 ,206,204…rest all rooms have small window which has no view ……. all u can see is wall few ft away ……..

on arrival I was offered room with no window and view ……when I objected they told hotel is Full……so I had to call my travel agent……then they offered me room no 201 which was one of good room of Hotel…..BUT without TV !!!!!!!!

So my recommend is that do not go with high hopes that u will be lucky enough like me to get a nice room…..

Please make sure which room you are booking and Paying for…….

It’s a very Small & Standard Hotel …..But Rooms are Clean……

Has a Good view from top restaurant…
BUT almost all hotels in Jaisalmer has this view of Fort form their roof top so nothing NEW in it…….

Food was average …..

However I must mention after first day mess every thing was OK…….

but First Impression is the last Impression.

On my check out they provided me another room in ground floor for 1 hour to fresh up and Resting in afternoon for that I thank them hear.

Room Tip: make sure which room you are booking and Paying for…….Room no 201,@04 ,206 are the best rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rasesh B
Lalgarhjsm, Owner at Hotel Lalgarh Fort & Palace, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thanks you so much for Very nice Review. you paid deluxe room and we give you Suite Room 201 We told you No Tv you Say Us no Problem and you ask us to give room for your child want to see Maharana Partap we give you room my Staff and My self was there I spoke to you about this All.

This is Heritage Hotel Not 5 or 7 Star Hotel Next Time Do Not Choose Heritage Property.
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Clean and decent rooms.
Unprofessional staff. No greetings and no service on time! Highly inclined towards non-Indian customers!!!
Rooftop restaurants and sitting arrangement is added feather.
Room prices are tricky. There all types of rooms (worst to good) in same price band!!!

Room Tip: Fort side rooms on 1st and 2nd floors should be pick!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Pros:

1. Located near main market and fort
2. Neat and clean rooms
3. Restaurant at rooftop

Cons:

1. Congested wash room
2. Over priced room rates

I stayed here for one night on 3 Nov 2013 (diwali night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank swonc9
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is a classic example of a budget hotel with lots of negative to talk about. I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and the stay was not a great one. I was surprised to see the hotel was awarded Tripadvisor’s Certificate of Excellence for the year 2013, however over the two days of my stay I did not feel that the hotel deserved such an award. When I checked in I was given a room on the ground floor near the reception, when I asked them if they had a better room with the view of the fort they said all the rooms with good view were occupied and there was only one room available which did not have a TV in it, so I declined the offer as I was traveling alone and needed a TV to kill boredom. After a while they showed me another room but the room had only one window opening towards the hotel corridor. Later that day I found out that other than me there was only another couple staying in the hotel! The restaurant of the hotel was again very average and the people working there were very unprofessional. They even did not bother to greet me while I went for the lunch and dinner or show me to my table. At dinner I ordered two tandori rotis, but they served me more then I ordered and charged me for the extra!! At breakfast they served breads which were cold and rubbery. The tea was tasteless and cold as well. The breakfast table was not clean and had bits from last nights dinner. On the last day I had to leave at around 7 am and asked them well in advance to serve me breakfast at around 6:30 am. In the morning when I went to the restaurant I found that there was no one around. A man was sleeping there and I couldn’t wake him up. I came back to the reception and complained about it and then they rushed to prepare breakfast for me. The room was very ordinary and the bed sheet was not clean, the towels in the bathroom were smelly. The A/C was not running properly and I had to switch on the fan for comfort. I couldn’t sleep well as there was noise coming from the reception at night. When I asked them to clean the room they did not clean the bin. The only plus point of the hotel is that the view of the fort from roof at night is truly beautiful. Overall the staffs in the hotel are truly unprofessional and below average quality. I will not recommend a stay in this hotel unless you are really tight on budget and unable to get reservation at other better hotels.

Room Tip: ask them to give a room with fort view and if you are lucky you will get one.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went this las october to this hotel. It was magic for us. We booking the rooms upper. Firts floor. It was so lovely. room number 204 and room number 201 with this one you can see the fort Jaisalmer from the window.
All the staff it was super and rooms are very clean. The restaurant view are so magic in the nigth and food super, no spices very imposible in india but here is possible. They have some plants in the second roof very nice and give very good ambience. Definitely very nice hotel and very recomended.

Room Tip: Room number 201, 204 and 206, 206 and 201 has view to the fort
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback on trip advisor.
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked 7 rooms for 4 nights in this hotel, during the desert festival in Feb. 2013. The price was relatively good, considering that the entire town was booked solid. But that's the only positive I can come up with.

Staff were rude and unresponsive. There was always a handful of men lounging around the reception area, staring you down every time you passed. I could never work out who worked there, and who were the staff's buddies. It was totally unprofessional, and put the women in my group at unease. By night, the noise coming from these guys hanging around reception was unbearable, and from what I could tell, many of them were drunk. This went on till 4 am, even though we complained a few times. The next morning, there was an effusive apology, and it was quieter the next night.

The rooms were only ok. One was right at the reception so the noise was unbearable, 4 others didn't have windows, other than a pane of glass onto the interior corridor. A couple of the rooms were dumps, with mildew everywhere and in dire need of a fresh coat a paint and a good scrubbing. The other rooms were all adequately furnished, but nothing special.

The restaurant was for the most part ok. The breakfast was more than decent, with Indian and western breakfast to order alle cart. I'm not sure if they were trying to make up for the noisy drunk night, but the food was abundant, and tasty. Dinner was ok, but nothing special. We ate there a couple of times only because we came in late most nights from our travels and it was convenient. Better cheaper food is available all over the town. The gentleman who runs the restaurant was lovely and very kind.

Would I come back here? No. If you stay, make sure to check out the rooms before committing.

Room Tip: Avoid the room behind reception, which they actually insisted was the best room in the hotel, and wa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends