“”Overpriced, poor menu, Terrible service””

Restaurant Junction Palace jaisalmer
Ranked #93 of 188 Restaurants in Jaisalmer
Cuisines: American, Indian, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Junction Palace is a prime fine dining Restaurant in the heart of Golden City serving its guests since last five years. The Restaurant has discovered by Kr. Mahendra Singh Dabri to provide a completely unique experience to its Guests in hospitality, Ambience, Architecture and not too forget the mouth watering Cuisines. The concept came into shape when Mr. Mahendra Singh decided to renovated this heritage building to preserve and keep history alive for forever this Restaurant building which is located around a pond call Dedancer lake This Restaurant is based on a Serai House theme in Indoislamic Architecture. The thought was to provide Guests an unexpected experience in Rajasthan with the usual warm Hospitality which Rajasthan is famous for. Mr. Mahendra Singh himself is a distinguished person known for his contribution to Rajasthan Tourism at large. He is also a frequent writer on the tourism aspects of Rajasthan. This restaurant is now counted among the top 03 Restaurants of Jaisalmer. Countless Reviews can be found in different Travelers Handbooks mentioning the exotic Dishes and a very Warm Hospitality. Junction Palace serves both Non-Vegetarian and Vegetarian Cuisines to its guests. For this there are separate kitchens to provide comfort to Vegetarian guests also. Among the top Cuisines available are Italian Continental, Chinese and not to forget Indian. Activities like Folk dance and music, keep the visitors hooked to the delight of eating food at the restaurant. It's only 2 minutes in a richshaw, great views of the fort from terrace.
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Our experience was disappointing. My driver told us that this is the best non-veg restaurants in town. But it was the worst restaurant i have ever been to, the food was absolutely terrible and tasted nothing like Indian food. VERY expensive wine list, no side dishes, and rude waiter. The owner was a complete jerk and completely ignored me as i had a complaint and told me to go to another restaurant if i did not like what his restaurant had to offer. I have never been treated so rudely in my life the service was extremely slow. My surprise the prices were very high. Because after I knew those drivers get high commission from restaurant. Stay away!

4  Thank gerrysort
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Junction Palace jaisalmer

Reviewed April 26, 2011

After almost a month of travelling in India I finally made it to the desert and found an oasis in Jaisalmer.
Very different city I must say from everything else I’ve seen in India, all the houses with its ochre facades and the stone work…and the fort like a sand castle sitting up high on top of the mountain, like a mirage.
A truly special place. Nice people and the most important and the reason why I’m writing this, the nicest food I’ve eaten in India.
It was at Joint palace. It was the first time in India that we ordered food asking for not too spicy and actually got for what we asked! Because the food wasn’t so hot we could appreciate better the complexity and the richness of all the other spices, the tastes and the flavors.
I will only say that was the only place where we eat all our meals for the 3 days we stayed there.
Don’t miss some smoked vegetables from a tree, only in Jaisalmer.
It’s a little out of town, but it is totally worth the 20 rupies of the rickshaw and it has great views of the fort and the city from the upper terrace. It also has air conditioning on the first floor for those in need of it. And very cold beer too!
It is near the Dadancer Talab (a lake) in Dadancer road in the Achalvancy colony. I still have the phone number we used to book our table 09214312349.
Hope this helps! Enjoy the food.

3  Thank startrekker2
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Highly recommend this place for great and cheap food. Served by the owner/chef and a young guy, owner very friendly and enthusiastic. Place was pretty relaxed. We were the only people there and we literally just ate and left. And it was pretty basic. But it was one of the best meals we had. Our driver took us there and it did seem to be in the middle of nowhere, wouldn't really have wanted to walk back (in Dec) as it was pretty dark - but would have been possible, don't think it was too far to walk. Cost us about £10 for two!

2  Thank Amy_kiwi
Reviewed February 23, 2011

What a rare find. Quieter than the noisy town and close enough to walk. Amazing food and comfortable chairs. Service was fantastic. I highly recommend it. Try the Jalfreezi and the gatta keri - really good rajasthani food. great rooftop to eat on... amazing views

2  Thank Balivillaharmony
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Had dinner on Nov 6th, 2010 with friend and family. The food and service were strictly OK. The drinks were not chilled and the food was sort of bland. Also the service was slow and the location was far away from the interesting sights of Jaisalmer.