“A Jewel in the Desert”
Review of Suryagarh

Suryagarh
Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The taste and class of Suryagarh - the property and its services, were evident from the time we were met at the Jodhpur airport and efficiently and comfortably transported to the property, a good 5 hours away. The property is stunning and the rooms and other facilities extremely tastefully done. The quality of food is excellent too. But what really stole our hearts was the warmth of the hospitality of the General Manager and all the staff. They all had a keen eye for detail and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. A truly memorable trip that spoilt us royally!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rumjhum839
suryagarh_jaisalmer, General Manager at Suryagarh, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

I am very happy to read your views on your stay at our property. Thank you for your gracious comments, especially about the services extended. I am glad you were comfortable and also enjoyed the food. Your feedback is very rewarding and is greatly valued by the team. I hope this experience will bring you back to visit us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

996 - 1,002 of 1,316 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Suryagarh Hotel is and outstanding place. The building is beautiful, and the rooms are large, very comfortable and furnished with style. The atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxing and the personnel is very nice and warm.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Andrea B

Your generous comments about the grandeur of our property is appreciated immensely. Thank you also for your gracious views about the staff and the atmosphere in the Hotel. I am glad your stay was comfortable and I hope the experience will bring you back to visit us again.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

After a long journey from Jodhpur we reached Suryagarh at around 5:30 pm and we were greated at the entrance by the guest relations manager who was warm and hospitable, and took us to the lobby and offered us many refreshments which were the perfect way to relax after a long journey, after which he show us around all the hotel facilities and took us to our room.

We stayed at the Signature suite and we found it large and comfortable with some beautiful ethnic decoration

The location of the hotel is away from the crowded Jaisalmer fort in the middle of the desert and hence really peaceful. In the evening they organize traditional rajasthani cultural shows and we finished the day by eating at in house "Legend of Marwar" restaurant which serves the best rajasthani thali you can wish to have in Jasailmer.

The striking aspect of the hotel is the people, they are always willing to please you right from organizing a camel safari or a special dinner.

In order to have a great experience in Jasailmer, this hotel wins hands down compared to the many "havelis" which house tourists in Jaisailmer fort. Most of them offer no privacy, due to the fort in itself being peopled by many tourists throughout the day and till almost midnight. Most are dark too.

Room Tip: Choose the signature suite
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mr_BPer

Thank you for your gracious comments on your stay at our property. It certainly is a joy to read and very encouraging to the team. I am especially happy to know you appreciated the serenity of the place as well as the staff and the services extended to you. This feedback is very valued and motivating. I hope the memory of your stay will bring you back to visit us again.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have stayed at Suryagarh 02 times in APR'2012 and JUL'2012.Facade of hotel is very impressive.Hotel is pretty good.Rooms are very nice especially suites.
Food is very good but I feel that somewhere something is wrong.There are some issues with the hotel.However the hotel can come over with these it the management look into these problems.Rooms are quite good.The hotel has got an lovely indoor swimming pool but in want of proper and trained staff guests cannot enjoy the pool

In my view little more care can make this hotel no.01 in Jaisalmer.

Room Tip: In order to enjoy your stay one should not expect the best however the management try to make the to...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pardesipradeep

Your gracious comments on your visit to our property were very encouraging and a joy to read. Thank you for taking the time to give your views. I am especially happy to read your comments about the service extended and the comparison of the hotels, which you so generously have mentioned. It means a lot to us as it is always good to know our efforts have been appreciated. I am glad that this was one of your best experiences and I hope the memory will bring you back for future visits.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We took a trip to Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and Udaipur this August. While I have stayed at many a properties in india, Suryagarh was one of the best experiences (almost equivalent to Udaivilas in Udaipur). The castle looks beautiful in the night and the rooms are clean and beautifully decored. The service is impeccable and food good. The only negative was that it was a bit out of the city, but the experience more than makes up for this. Truly remarkable :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

As an international event and wedding planner, me and my team were invited over to Suryagarh for a 2 night stay to see the facilities and get to know the property.

I must say, I have travelled extensively and this was one of the finest hotels in craftmanship I have seen and the hospitality was second to none!

The staff and general manager were extremely attentive and made us feel like total princesses for the duration of our stay. They had organised champagne breakfast in an old fort some km away from the hotel to watch sunrise, we were camel back riding in the desert, we had special dinner one evening on a hill outside the hotel, another special dinner was organised in the sandunes all candlelit...really a wonderful experience.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel and look forward to bringing my first wedding client to the location. Even though Jaiselmer is far, it definitely is worth the experience in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
suryagarh_jaisalmer, General Manager at Suryagarh, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

It is a joy to read your explicit comments on your stay at our property. Thank you for expressing your views on the grandeur of the Hotel and the services extended. It is a pleasure to know you consider the hospitality extended is second to none and that you felt like princesses. On our part, it was an honour to have you stay here and the feedback received from such a discerning guest is a huge reward in itself. It is always good to know our efforts have been appreciated. I hope the experience will bring you back to visit us again and we look forward to many future visits.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights. Everything was just excellent. A lady singing in the courtyard in the morning is like a breath of fresh air whose beautiful folk Marwari songs can b heard in the corridors. Her husband playing local musical instrument in d evening is equally mesmerizing. Lovely ambience created for evening gazal. Missing was local dance. All the staff very cordial and polite. Restaurant staff became friendly with my 2 small kids and even handled them while we were eating. Will definitely want to enjoy it again. Due to off season got an excellent deal as well. The hotel looks
Beatiful in the daylight as well as awesomely lit up at night. The taste of sweets served in the room was amazing.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Piyurag

Thank you for expressing your views about your stay at our property. I am glad you enjoyed your visit, folk music et al. I am especially happy to read your comments on the staff as well as the grandeur of the Hotel. I hope this experience will bring you back again and we look forward to all your future visits.