“Absolutely brilliant”

and 1 more site!
Sagar Guest House
Ranked #13 of 159 Jaisalmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by hill view in jodphur we were picked up by the owner from the bus stop and dissapeared off into the fort.
Down a narrow alley and left in the door.
I felt at home straight away, our room was lovely and clean and we went up to the restaurant. The view was eye watering.
Kamel arranged a camel trip and nothing was to much trouble " our home is your home" we were told.
The restaurant served fantastic authentic Rajasthan food that was delicious.
We stayed 3 nights and could have stayed more.
11/10 perfect

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Really fantastic guest house. The host is so helpful and unpushy, yet able to organise pretty much anything you want to do! Only charges 25 rupees to book bus tickets too. We had booked a standard room but it was quiet so we were upgraded to a gorgeous room within the rampart walls. It was truly magical and my favourite place in all of Rajasthan! All the staff were super friendly and helpful. Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very neat and clean rooms and bathrooms. The most beautiful view of the city from the back two rooms. The rooftop terrace is great for a starry dinner overlooking the city. Order your food well in advance as it takes some time to get ready, mostly because everything is made from scratch..home made. friendly and welcoming staff. Kamal the owner is very helpful with information about the city. overall we had an amazing stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2013

It was the fourth time I visited Jaisalmer and every time I stayed at Sagar and lucky enough in the same room. Not that the other rooms are not as nice and clean as that one but it feels a little like "my room".Sagar is located inside the fort with beautiful views on the desert. All the people of Sagar are very nice and helpfull and if I'm going back to Jaisalmer I will absolutely try to stay at Sagar.

Thanks

Mendel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mendel d
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I been in Sagar gesthouse a week and i didnt want to leave!!Excellent guesthouse located in the fort . The place and the view from the balcony was magical!! The place is very clean!! And the rooms are beautifule the food is great ! The Atmosphere is so good and kamal is very good person he will make you fill home away from home:) and he will help you with evrything you need !!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Maayanma
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have been twice to the Sagar Guest house with little groups. I organize Photo workshops in India. Both times have been memorable.
Kamal will do everything possible for you to find yourself home, and he succeeds.
The past month I had a wonderful trip arranged by him in the desert. We went to places where we haven't seen a single tourist and the driver was wonderful.
All I can say is; Thanks Kamal.
I really advise you to stay there and if you do stay elsewhere, please check his tours in the Thar desert, it's really worthwhile.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clodreno
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of spending 9 days at Sagar Guest House. Located inside the fort just off the main square, the guest house is really easy to find. The atmosphere is quiet and comforting which is a relief after a day of walking through the bustling markets. The room I stayed in was very clean, comfortable, and very reasonably priced. You can take a look at all their available rooms before deciding, but I honestly think they’re all good. As a convenience to their guests, Sagar offers free Wi-Fi as well.

Every morning I would sit at their rooftop restaurant and take in the fantastic views of the city over a soothing cup of chai. The food, oh the food is incredible! They have an amazing cook at Sagar that makes the most scrumptious curries. Even if you’re not staying at Sagar, I think everyone should come and try the stuffed tomato curry. The cashew curry is also a personal favorite. Alongside their Indian specialties, they do offer Chinese and Continental food. So if it’s pancakes you want for breakfast or pasta for dinner, they’ve got it covered.

I can’t say enough about their staff. All the staff at Sagar Guest House go out of their way to make you feel at home. From the pickup from the bus station to the drop off at the train station, my time at Sagar was absolutely heavenly due to the kind and accommodating staff and to Vinod, the owner. I have to point out that the manager, Kamal, was exceptional in every way. He spent more days than I care to admit assisting me with the bureaucracy that goes into purchasing a local phone and sim card (those of you who have tried to purchase an Indian phone only to have the sim card not work know what I’m talking about). As a phenomenal convenience, the guest house can also help you purchase bus, train and flight tickets for your continuing travels in India. The ticketing systems for Indian trains and buses can be complex. Kamal was able to book, at the last minute, a seat on the train for me when, at first glance, the reservation system said that there were none left. I don’t know how he did it, but to say that he’s a miracle worker is an understatement.

Kamal also helped arrange a jeep safari for me and my friends. Driving to the sand dunes and camping out under the stars is an experience I will never forget. Every detail was taken care of. From the food to sleeping accommodations, my friends and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. I’ve been to the dunes before on a previous trip while staying at another guest house. Sadly it got a little crowded with other safaris being held in the same place. On this jeep safari, we were taken to a deserted spot we had all to ourselves. Sagar Guest House also arranges camel safaris, but thankfully they don’t hassle their guests about it.

This was my third trip to Jaisalmer and the third guest house I’ve tried. I’m done looking. I can’t recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends