“Perfect place !!”

and 1 more site!
Sagar Guest House
Ranked #12 of 159 Jaisalmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I been in Sagar gesthouse a week and i didnt want to leave!!Excellent guesthouse located in the fort . The place and the view from the balcony was magical!! The place is very clean!! And the rooms are beautifule the food is great ! The Atmosphere is so good and kamal is very good person he will make you fill home away from home:) and he will help you with evrything you need !!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Maayanma

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have been twice to the Sagar Guest house with little groups. I organize Photo workshops in India. Both times have been memorable.
Kamal will do everything possible for you to find yourself home, and he succeeds.
The past month I had a wonderful trip arranged by him in the desert. We went to places where we haven't seen a single tourist and the driver was wonderful.
All I can say is; Thanks Kamal.
I really advise you to stay there and if you do stay elsewhere, please check his tours in the Thar desert, it's really worthwhile.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clodreno
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of spending 9 days at Sagar Guest House. Located inside the fort just off the main square, the guest house is really easy to find. The atmosphere is quiet and comforting which is a relief after a day of walking through the bustling markets. The room I stayed in was very clean, comfortable, and very reasonably priced. You can take a look at all their available rooms before deciding, but I honestly think they’re all good. As a convenience to their guests, Sagar offers free Wi-Fi as well.

Every morning I would sit at their rooftop restaurant and take in the fantastic views of the city over a soothing cup of chai. The food, oh the food is incredible! They have an amazing cook at Sagar that makes the most scrumptious curries. Even if you’re not staying at Sagar, I think everyone should come and try the stuffed tomato curry. The cashew curry is also a personal favorite. Alongside their Indian specialties, they do offer Chinese and Continental food. So if it’s pancakes you want for breakfast or pasta for dinner, they’ve got it covered.

I can’t say enough about their staff. All the staff at Sagar Guest House go out of their way to make you feel at home. From the pickup from the bus station to the drop off at the train station, my time at Sagar was absolutely heavenly due to the kind and accommodating staff and to Vinod, the owner. I have to point out that the manager, Kamal, was exceptional in every way. He spent more days than I care to admit assisting me with the bureaucracy that goes into purchasing a local phone and sim card (those of you who have tried to purchase an Indian phone only to have the sim card not work know what I’m talking about). As a phenomenal convenience, the guest house can also help you purchase bus, train and flight tickets for your continuing travels in India. The ticketing systems for Indian trains and buses can be complex. Kamal was able to book, at the last minute, a seat on the train for me when, at first glance, the reservation system said that there were none left. I don’t know how he did it, but to say that he’s a miracle worker is an understatement.

Kamal also helped arrange a jeep safari for me and my friends. Driving to the sand dunes and camping out under the stars is an experience I will never forget. Every detail was taken care of. From the food to sleeping accommodations, my friends and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. I’ve been to the dunes before on a previous trip while staying at another guest house. Sadly it got a little crowded with other safaris being held in the same place. On this jeep safari, we were taken to a deserted spot we had all to ourselves. Sagar Guest House also arranges camel safaris, but thankfully they don’t hassle their guests about it.

This was my third trip to Jaisalmer and the third guest house I’ve tried. I’m done looking. I can’t recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stay only 2 days with my boyfriend and we have a very nice camel safari and a romantic afternoon in this fabulous roof restaurant. An amasing view. The staff very helpful. We came early in the morning and we got our cozy room. very clean and familiar atmosphere. Thanks for this memory.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharmila67
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Lovely guesthouse in the fort. Kamal is very helpful, booked us a reasonable priced camel safari and our bus. Very nice clean rooms with hot water and Internet, especially good for the price.

Camel safari wasn't as good as we expected, but definitely a nice place to stay if you want to stay in the fort. Beautiful view from the roof at night.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was not expecting to find a nice guest house in jaisalmer ! Only because my goal was just to do a nice saffari.. The rest I din't care ! But there is a big prob in Jais : You leave the bus and you find sooo many cheap G H with wifi and roof top restau etc.. For 100 - 200 Rps And after they try to sell you a more than expensive saffari ! The difference between this GH and the others I visited is just that they told me the truth direcly ! And this a realy good point for me ! Kamal who work in it is a realy humble man who speaks a very good english ! Better than me ! (sorry for mistakes) ! The room is simple but correct ! Clean with hot watter and a realy nice bed after a 6 days sleeping in the desert ! The safari was realy nice ! I enjoyed de flexibility of trip ! You can do what you want, when you want ! You can do it slow or fast ! All depends on you

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Brendan B
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This place was great! Set right inside the fort, it's quite easy to get to, but you'll probably want to use a rickshaw from the bus/train.

The rooms were comfortable and clean and the showers hot. They have a great room at the end of the corridor over looking some of the city.

The restaurant does some amazing food with a fantastic chef who is so pleasant! It also has some great views of the city, especially during sunset.

Thanks for all the help