See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 23, 2017

best view with good food and good people if owner not interfere in Guest Itinerary for making small bugs of money to sale transport Safari and tents sorry to say but its true all about hotel. Beware book from outside and save money

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

This place is situated inside the fort ! A wonderful view in from the room ! That sunrise and the whole city in front of you . And the owner was too sweet and kind. I will never miss a chance to visit this place again , i had a great time .

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Really bad experience. Prior to our visit, owner behaved very nicely over phone. After visit, we realised, owner too greedy. Almost tried all ways to get more money from us for Cab charges. We arranged the Cab from other Hotel at almost 40% rate and it was very nice outing to Sam Sand dunes.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Gopal D
Reviewed December 17, 2016

This home-stay is very well located inside the Golden fort, Jaisalmer. I was lucky to get a roof-top room and had magnificent views of both sunrise and sunset over the Thar desert. The entire city was visible from my terrace. It was Dewali night and I got to see some wonderful fireworks over the horizon while relaxing at the terrace under chilling night temperature.

The room was neat and clean with very basic facilities. I was very much impressed by the cordiality of the owner. They prepared good tasty food for me and the same was just out of the world...:)....

I'll surely go for this place if I visit Jaisalmer again..

Thanks.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2016

We stayed at Hotel Laxmi Niwas for just one night as part of our tour with India by Car with Driver.

We arrived early evening just as the heavens opened and were given a wonderful welcome. Our room on the roof required us to climb a number of stairs and it was not until the morning we appreciated the wonderful view from the roof.

Our room was large and well equipped. The only downside was the shower was over the bath. This hotel is about to undergo major refurbishment so I am sure the bathrooms will be updated.

The building itself is absolutely stunning with its trophy rooms displaying animals killed many decades ago by the royal family who still own the property.

The dining room on our visit was not well attended, however, we found the food to be good. It was the best cooked European food we ate on our travels in India.

It was just a pity we only had the one night here, I would have loved to stay longer to enjoy another morning eating the very good breakfast out in the courtyard.

Would love to return, however, if you have mobility problems the many stairs could be a problem.

Date of stay: March 2016