All reviews camel safari rooftop restaurant train station great view chai enjoying the view the owner hot water guest house small balcony amazing location window seat stay inside the fort living fort jaisalmer fort his team wonderful experience
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days and highly recommend it for a great value stay. I was met at the train station for a complimentary transfer to the hotel which is built into the fort. Steep stairs lead up to the bedroom level then another set of stairs to the reception and the rooftop cafe area. The rustic Maharajah room was large enough for a double and single bed, still leaving plenty of space. The small window seat balcony is enough for one person to sit and take-in the town below. Food in the cafe was cooked to order and was always excellent. The Surja has a backpacker feel but it was clean with great facilities and I would recommend to anyone travelling to Jaisalmer.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Management response:Responded May 5, 2013

We appreciate our guests and the reviews that are posted on Tripadvisor. We trust all our reviews are written with honesty and sincerity. As I mentioned, we all learn from the sharing of experiences.
If anyone has any questions about our participation in the preservation of the hotel and camel safari, we are happy to share our initiatives. We believe that in the long term, we need to maintain our home from the inside and not through abandonment. We do appreciate the comments, as we are always trying to improve by understanding our guests experiences.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My plan was to stay in Jaisalmer for 2 or 3 days. In the end, i was there for a whole week. There is no place like this in Jaisalmer. View is just amazing!! Either from your room or from the excellent balcony of the hotel, it is just breathtaking! Stuff is really helpfull and friendly, either you're just having some small chat with them, ordering a food, or having some extra wishes. Ask for it, they ll find a way to do it! Food in hotel restaurant is also really good and more than affordable! I really miss chilling out on their balcony, having some drinks and enjoying the view of the city! One of the greatest hotels i've been into!

Room tip: choose the rooms with the balcony and the view of the city! It is worth every single rupee!!!!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Management response:Responded May 5, 2013

Reviewed April 28, 2013

when i stayed jaisalmer i was very impressed this hotel. Nice view and nice rooms! And the best thing i think is workers^^ they were so kind and sweet. I wanna go again.

Date of stay: January 2013
Management response:Responded April 29, 2013

Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you are staying in Jaisalmer, you must stay in the fort! We were offered two gorgeous rooms, and choose the room with the larger balcony. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and well decorated. The location is fantastic, part of the fort and near all the shopping. The restaurant was nice and convenient, and a beautiful place to sit in the evening. The staff were helpful and willing to arrange tours for us or give us information if we needed it. Our only regret was that we didn't spend more time there. I would highly recommend it!

Room tip: Choose a room with a big balcony - it's a great place to enjoy the amazing view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Management response:Responded April 24, 2013

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Room service was delicious! I had the vegetarian food and I often order it other places just so I can remember the taste of the sandwhich I had there! And I also loved their breakfast toast, orange juice and their ice tea is also delicious!

I've stayed in the Maharaja room before as well as one of their rooms. They are very clean, spacious bathrooms.

Highly recommend Surja Hotel, Jaisalmer.

Date of stay: March 2013