“Excellent food, central location and they let us take in our own drink too!”

Monica's Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 195 Restaurants in Jaisalmer
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were exhausted after 13 hours on local buses getting to Jaisalmer and the food and service at Monica's sorted us out! We'd also bought a sneaky G&T from the bottle shop on the way and they let us drink it at the restaurant :) The mushroom paneer is highly recommended!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This restaurant was a great find as it was the best we tryed in Jaisalmer. The food is just delicious with a good value and the service was very helpful and friendly. The local food is their best!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Located on a roof top with the view of the market....the food was just so delicious. I have only one word for it - YUM!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Not all chickens are created equal !

Even the portion sizes at KFC vary from time to time. I recently spent 8 weeks in Jaisalmer and dined at Monica's 4 or 5 times each week. My Indian friend had Butter chicken on every occasion and was never dissatisfied with either the quality or quantity. Most times i had the 1/2 Tandori chicken with a raita salad with pineapple, and to ensure I always got the plumpest chicken I made a point of sticking my head in the Tandori kitchen and 'thanking' the cook every time I left the restaurant.

Not being bothered with the constraints of budget, I found it very worthwhile to 'thank' the cook to ensure a plump portion and what I consider to be the best Tandori in town.

My other main observation is that the staff are always very courteous and most patient when explaining menu items to customers unfamiliar with local cuisine.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We ordered chilly chicken and garlic chicken, waited more than 30 minutes, almost 40 mins, it was ok because when we went into the restaurant we were not very hungry but after we ordered and when the food was about to come we felt a bit hungry, food was tasty, but little salty, when you order tell them not to put too much salt. While we were having lunch there, there was no people except us, so I asked them, they said from April it's getting off-season so that they are closing the shop from mid April.