“If it is Jaisalmer, has to be Desert Boys'”

and 1 more site!
Desert Boys Guest House
Ranked #11 of 162 Jaisalmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Value for money, amazing hospitality! They organized the non touristic safari for us, ensured that we are comfortable throughout the trip. Cooked food, organized the tents in the middle of nowhere in the desert. I know it's their job but the dedication and the involvement of these guys was terrific. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Jaisalmer fort is one of the few living forts in India, so don't miss the opportunity to stay within the fort when you're in Jaisalmer. Each room is uniquely and adequately furnished to look like a heritage hotel. Most importantly, the bathrooms are clean and there is hot water from the taps for the most part of the day. The food at the Desert Boys Dhani is fresh, homely and extremely yummy. You can pick up a day package that takes you on a trip to the desert. At a nominal price, the trip comes with a camel ride, yummy dinner, and some campfire entertainment.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

friendly staff, value for money.nice place to stay. i found the restaurant is not something i would recommend. Price is high compared to other places. But not a bad one if you are tired. The desert camp trip cost was high 6000?- for couple but the night stay is not recommendable. Camel ride experience was good. Staff were well behaving, and never mislead us. If it is a stay inside the fort this place is a very good stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wisetripadvice
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We came to Jaisalmer with night train, tired and exhausted. With our last strenght after 2weeks of traveling, we took some time and check 6 or 7 guest houses in Jaisalmer. This one was the best, and we didn't regret our choice. Complite house is beautiful and clean, with 3 teraces with town view, atrium, and cute little restaurant with very friendly and kind chef. Rooms are very beautiful, combination of rock and happy colour bedcowers, with hot water.Stuff is also very kind, and brothers who running the house are very professional and they know how to please the guests. Also, if you took Safari with them, you'll not regret couse they're doing it for a long time and you have feelin' that they'r guides know every corner of the desert :) Best guest house of all 30days in India !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anita M
Reviewed January 25, 2013

it was a nice place and had a nice atmosphere . the resturant desert boys dhanni also had good food .located in the fort very close to the jain temple. it organizes desert safaris my recomendation is non touristic desert safari.

Room Tip: with the view of the jain temple
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kshitij k
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We sayes at Desert Boys Gusthouse in December 2012. It is located in a quiet corner of Jaisalmer Fort. The decor was lovely, with great views from the terrace. Our room (number 9) had a romantic bed area behind a curtain, with a nice seating area and bathroom. The owner/manager was only present at the guest house for a few hours a day so if you need anything grab him while you can! That said, the staff are friendly and helpful and if you need the boss, they will contact him for you. The only minor difficulty was the hot water was restricetd to certain times of the day - the boiler runs from a fire which needs to be stoked by the staff. There was ample hot water in the morning, but late in the evening it was difficult to get hot water. Be aware that cars aren't allowed into the fort, and that rickshaws are only able to get you to the main square in the fort - the guest house is located a 5 minute walk through narrow lanes from the rickshaw drop off point. Cows have free roam of course so the streets may not be the cleanest (only really a problem if you're dragging a wheeled suitcase!)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anj161
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed with the desert brothers in dec 2010 and I absolutely loved it! I haven't written a review before but they really made an impression and after two years they are still on my mind. So just to let them and other travellers know what a fantastic guest house they have and how special they are I'll write a review. The rooms are beautiful, clean and comfortabel. The location is perfect. The two brothers made the biggest impression on me. I was really exausted from travelling through India and felt like crying . One of the brothers made me tea and invited me to have tea on the terrace with the most stunning view. After a couple of days I went on a desert tour. I booked it with some friend travellers at another office and not with the brothers. They were fine with it. I could leave my belongings with them and when I got back they let me use a bathroom incl towel. As a single woman traveller I felt completely safe and comfortable. If I'd ever go back to Jaisalmer I would definitely stay there again. A very BIG thank you to the brothers!

• Stayed: December 2012