“if i say how good Hotel Renuka was i may never get another room again”
Review of Renuka Hotel

and 1 more site!
Renuka Hotel
Ranked #19 of 106 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Carrie Perreault
“if i say how good Hotel Renuka was i may never get another room again”
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Well, the owner has asked me to write a review... he just wanted me to say what my experience was like. I hesitate to do this for very selfish reasons. I had a wonderful stay at Hotel Renuka, great rooms (i stayed in two), great food (best finger chips I've EVER had ANYWHERE), friendly staff, amazing camel safari (which delivered on all of its promises), great price. I feel that if I were to elaborate on the wonderful-ness of this place I would run the very real risk of never being able to get a room again. I couldn't speak highly enough of this place. From the pick up at the train station, the quick response to my emails, taking me to the doctor when I was ill, recommending places to go and how to get there - all was more than I could have hoped for.

The city (around the fort) is all very walkable and the people are friendly and good for a laugh, in addition to a welcoming cup of chai. It was one of the most welcoming cities I've ever been in. It is a city based on customer service and there is genuine concern that you (as a visitor) have a great time. What more could you ask for?

Thank you so much guys for making my 'hotel stay' one of the high lights of my trip - how often can you say that?

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I have been backpacking around India and Nepal for two months and the hospitality I received at Hotel Renuka was second to none. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. The food is great. The rooms are very clean (the Hotel is remodeling some of them in the off season) and are also very economically priced. Renuka is also situated just off of the main roads that run through the center of the city, which makes it very convenient and accessible. And despite the central location it is surprisingly quite!

In addition, I opted to take a half day camel safari organized by the hotel and it turned out to be a highlight of my trip. On route to the safari we stopped at beautiful sandstone mausoleums of Jaisalmer's Royalty and immaculate 300 year old Jain temples. The safari was led by two very personable and professional guides from a nearby village who were more than happy to share information about the surrounding area. We stopped at picturesque sand dunes to watch the sunset and, unlike many of the other tours, we had the entire area to ourselves!

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay here again!

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed April 21, 2010

We were picked up at the train station by the hotel driver and upon arrival were greeted very warmly by Sunny (owner/Manager). After registering, he asked us if there was anything we needed. We told him we had a very difficult time registering at the FRO in Delhi as we had a re-entry stamp. He got on the phone and by the end of the day we were able to register without the 6 hour line-up and poor service in Delhi. He then asked if we were interested in a camel safari and we mentioned we might be interested in a half-day. He explained what was offered and what the trip consisted of and told us to sleep on it. He never pressured us at all into booking. We ended up going the next day and it was superb.

On top of that, the entire staff is excellent and the food in the restaurant upstairs was great. My girlfriend needed a break from the regular fare and we asked the cook if he could get some fresh vegetables and do up a nice fresh salad later that evening. When we arrived back from our camel safari there was an excellent salad waiting for her.

I highly recommend the Hotel Renuka when in Jaisalmer.

Montreal
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Let's say it : A double room clean and well located for about 450 roupies is a great deal!

At first, we choose this hotel to do the camel trip and the owner was so nice, so we decided to change hotel and spend the night there after the camel trip in the desert. I gotta say it, I wasn't convince by the camel trip at all... but the staff is professional, experimented and friendly, we really had a great time with them and they cook good food (yeah even in the middle of nowhere!) and they know exactly where to go!

Now the hotel, Renuka hotel is the "sister hotel" of a bigger one very close to the Renuka. Both hotels are great, rooms perfectly clean and confortable beds and no noise. But don't expect anything more than that for that price; no TV, no A/C, no Wi-Fi (A/C rooms are available at a more expensive price though). The rooms are basic but you'll have a great night of sleep. The restaurant on the rooftop offers a great view of the fort, the staff there is very friendly and they really want you to enjoy your meal, trust me this kind of people is sometimes hard to find in this area!!

So Renuka Hotel is the place to go, the owner is very nice and friendly and likes to chat with the guests, he's thinking about make rooms renovation on Summer 2010 and then have a better Internet connection and make it nicer, see... finally a place when the staff care about the guests!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed April 15, 2010

The location of the hotel is very convenient with easy access to all sights in the city. The room was simple but clean and tidy. Staff is lovely and go out of their way to help you and get you what you want/need. The hotel manager is a smart and nice guy who knows how to make business without pressuring you into anything. We did a sunset camel safari through the hotel, which was very, very nice and perfectly delivered on the promises made, i.e. we did have the dunes to ourselves. The restaurant is run by a very nice man and his son, I'd recommend their Thalis, their lemon lassis and their cold coffee milkshake! It also has a great view of the fort. Power cuts are a bit of an issue but the manager seems to be campaigning to get the authorities to get this fixed, so hopefully it won't be a problem anymore in the near future. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay here, would definitely come again and recommend it to other people.

ca
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights and loved everything from the rooms, to the rooftop restaurant (with delicious food) to their keen sense of customer satisfaction. They picked us up at train station, were super polite our whole stay and helped us book an amazing camel safari. We booked the 2 day camel trip through our hotel and had Delboy as our guide. DELBOY!!! Try to book a trip with Delboy. He was a great guide concerned for our comfort and stomachs! He cooked up these awesome meals from scratch over a small fire each time. Really impressed with his good nature, informative tid bits about the area and his easy going manner in which he sang to the camels! Great guide to spend a night on the sand dunes with. All and all, very impressed with the hotel's professionalism, organization and their guides. miss it there!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Hotel Renuka is ok for a short stay however I personally wouldn't recommend staying there for more than a night or two. The staff is friendly and helpfull and the restaurant makes a nice simple food. However our room was quite dirty and noisy. All in all ok for backpackers who are looking for a safe, cheap accomodation.
PS: the camel safaris are good and very well organised.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — dirty bathroom
  • Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple