“Fun time on rooftop”

Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Jaisalmer
London, United Kingdom
“Fun time on rooftop”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights, very reasonable price for very new rooms. 2 brothers Issack & Barkat are super friendly n chaty guys, can organise anything for u. We ate couple of times in their rooftop restaurant, it was delicious however the food takes a while because is cooked from scratch, what is a good thing but not if u are starving :) its very close to the fort, but off the busy roads so u can enjoy quiet night. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler, n if i will go back to Jaisalmer i will stay there again :)

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed March 6, 2013

What can I say about this hotel apart from everything I could possibly want was provided for upon request or arrival. The rooms are well priced, clean, spacious and nicely decorated. We were picked up at the train station and offered a choice of three different rooms and after choosing they even dropped the regular tariff to suit our budget.

They organised an amazing Camel Safari for us and had a no pressure approach to the whole thing. If you book with them request Alladin/David as your camel driver, he was such a funny guy and really made the trip for us.

They let us use their computer for free to print out tickets and put photos onto our tablet. Basically they treat you like family (their words ha ha).We also got free late check out and while waiting for our train they let us use a room to freshen up. If you're in Jaisalmer and you stay here you will not regret it.

The only two negative things I could say is that we didn't have any hot water and the restaurant was not good (slow service and charged us 100r for two cokes). Although we did have breakfast and a few drinks here which were removed from our bill upon check out.

BEST HOTEL I'VE VISITED IN INDIA!

Room Tip: The further up the stairs you get the more expensive the rooms are.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Madurai, India
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went to hotel haveli's roof top restaurant to escape the horrible hotel I was staying at nearby. As soon as I walked in I wished I was staying here! The hotel is beautiful and immaculate, the rooms spacious and clean and its only a 5-10 minute walk from the entrance to the fort. The brothers who own the hotel are friendly and helpful and completely changed my view of jaisalmer, I hadn't had a very good first day. Issack sat and talked to me over chai while I waited for my bus (which his brother Barkat helped me book the night before). He also dropped me down town to have a look at the haveli's free of charge. I highly recommend this place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in this nice hotel during the Desert Festival. I was warmly received and picked up in the railway station. The hotel was clean and the rooms were great value. Loved the view on the rooftop and enjoyed tasty foods. The simple and light instructions and advices made sightseeing easier in Jaisalmer. The friendly and helpfull staff Issack booked me a great camel safari and booked my bus tickets in advance.
I warmly recommend the hotel and as an awesome experience the camel safari.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Jaipur, India
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My recent trip of Jaisalmer with my family became memorable only because of Hotel Haveli and its two pillar Issac and Barkat bhai. Their personal touch made the trip a superb trip. i never felt that i am in a hotel. Both the brother took our care till we were their. They took care of all our Trip including local trip, Desert Camp, Food and others.

If any one looking to visit Golden City they must surely avail services of Hotel Haveli i.e. of the two nice brother Issac and Barkat bhai.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We checked in at around 6 pm and all through our drive to jaisalmer, the owner Isaac bhai was enquiring about our well being. His personal attention to your comfort and convenience make do for the deficiencies if any, which were any way minor. He gave us an upgraded suite room which was nice and comfortable. We booked the trip to Sam sand dunes through him which was very enjoyable. Our car got stuck in the sand dunes at 9 pm and we called him up, and he arranged for help within minutes. He also personally guided us with his hand made maps about the places worth watching. The room had some minor deficiencies like missing curtain on bathroom window (although the room was on second floor and there no structure opposite the window), and a missing dressing table mirror. But overall we enjoyed the stay and I would definitely recommend hotel haveli to anyone going for a jaisalmer trip.

• Stayed February 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had a great stay at Haveli hotel for multiple reasons. First of all I felt here not as a guest but visiting friend. That make your stay whole different expirience. We had always some nice chat or a joking converstion with owner of the place or his stuff. Rooms are nice clean spacious and light. Roof-top restaurant with wonderful view of main tourist attraction - Jaislamer fort. Got picked up at a bus stand, had been riden around town on motorbike to get to places etc. With help of owner went for 1 night-camp camel safari in exact style as I wanted, small group, not visiting tourist villages, just country-side. Also becouse of all of mentioned above Jaisalmer was one of my greatest India experience on my trip!!! Thank you, totaly recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo