“A fantastic stay!”
Review of Haveli Hotel

Haveli Hotel
Ranked #16 of 108 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Such an excellent hotel. Isaac was so kind upon our arrival. He picked us up himself and had breakfast made for us. The hotel was very inexpensive, especially considering the service and rooms that were offered. It is currently under renovation, but that wasn't a problem and the remodeled rooms that we saw look fantastic. It is in walking distance from the fort, and the staff was very helpful in recommending tours and sites as well. An excellent stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Myself and three friends stayed with Issack for only one night as we had already pre-booked a camel safari for the following day. While the Lonely Planet warns that some hotels can be very ungracious if you don't book your camel trek with them, Issack was perfectly understanding and even let us return to the hotel after the trek, free of charge, to use a room and the shower facilities! He then let us keep our bags there and helped us organise getting back to the train station. On our arrival at the hotel, he drew us a map of the city and talked us through it's history, indicating where the best forts, haveli's and markets were. We could not have asked for more - sightseeing advice from a trustworthy local is invaluable in a place as overwhelming as India. Because the restaurant was out of order he also directed us to some good places to eat.
The rooms were basic and clean, hot water available if you pre-warn staff. Beds were comfy. For young, unfussy travellers the rooms were perfect but if you're looking for the best experience of Jaisalmer then it's worth staying here to receive the fantastic service this hotel has to offer. Not to mention that we only paid about £4 for a night...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

HotelHaveli, as the name suggest is a Haveli turned to a hotel. It is one oof the finest place to stay in Jaisalmer. The room rent is reasonable and the rooms are beautifull.
The Hotel has its advantage owin to its sttategic location in the heart of jaisalmer. The owner, Issac, is one of the best host I have ever met in India. He will offer you the best delas at the best price.
I would suggest If you go to jaisalmer then stay in Hotelhaveli.
Have fun and Issac is one person to be in touch for Life.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I loved staying at Hotel Haveli and Isaack was one of the most helpful owner I have met on my travels in India. Even though the hotel was at reconstruction during my stay, the services offered were top value. Issack did everything to make us feel like home, I especially enjoyed the evening hanging out at the roof top with great food and bit of music. The camels booked through the hotel were also great. Staff is very nice, helpful and good fun too :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Staying in the Hotel was a great experience. Besides its comfort and cleaningness the place is located pretty well since it is close to the train station and most sightseen attractions, plus it is outside the the ford, which is good due to ecological reasons. Actually we liked it so much that we stayed for two more days. During this time we also took the offer of the hotel to make a trip through the desert. It was really amazing. Riding on Camels is an experience no one should miss in his life :-P Since the tour was organized very well, we did not see any other tourists and could enjoy nature and people to the fullest. I really advice you to make such a trip. What I personally really enjoyed was the roof top restaurant. Sitting there in the evinging with a view over the city and talking to the manager (who really knows a lot about customs, culture and people) was inspiring and one of the highlights of my trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The rooms are bad.. they are damp and not even pleasant to look at. Apart from the looks, the service is also bad... We kept asking for stuff like soap, toilet paper but they did not provide even after repeated reminders.. Food that they serve in their rooftop restaurant is overpriced and not so great! definitely worth a miss!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shweta R
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed with Issack only for two days but those were extremly nice. I've had heard alot about Jaislamer and how touristic it is and that's why I was glad that I stayed in this small hotel. The location is perfect. You can reach everything by foot but it's not located at a busy street.
I was travelling all by my self (I'm female), which sometimes can be very annoying but Issack picked me up from the busstand in the middle of the night, helped me planing my two days in Jaisalmer, provided food and was a friend to me.
The hotel was under rennovation when I was there (Mid September) so Issack gave me an upgrade to a very nice room. He also showed me some finished rooms, which looked extremly comfy. He puts very hard work in this hotel and by now it should be nearly done.
So if you want to stay in more than just a hotel, you should go with this one! You'll get very good value for the money, no one wants to force you into touristic activities and the evenings on the rooftop are very homelike. I had a great time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo