“Loved, loved, loved this hotel!”

Hotel The Royale Jaisalmer
Ranked #21 of 114 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Reviewed September 27, 2009

The Royale Jaisalmer was recommended to us by a fellow traveller and we never regretted the decision to stay. The room was beautiful, the rooftop restaurant had an amazing view of the fort (and the food was very good!) and my kids loved the pool. Owners Harish and Artie could not have been nicer. They treated us like family. Our kids played together and they even invited to their home for dinner. No request was too large or too small-they even saw us off to our train when it was time to leave. We stayed for 4 nights and it was hands down one of the best places to stay in all of Rajasthan. It was conveniently located, lovingly decorated and fairly priced, with a great staff. Can't say enough about it-if you are going to Jaisalmer, don't waste your time going anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank berlissa

Reviewed May 15, 2009

I arrived on my own in India (Delhi Airport) on 16th April, collected my luggage then promptly broke my left foot. A few days seeking medical attention in Delhi before making my journey to Jaislmer. My Australian friend introduced me to Harish & Artie the owners of The Royale Jaislmer
Harish & Artie soon became like family, nothing was too difficult for them and they were so kind and generous of spirit. Staff were discreet and attentive as well as friendly and happy. I believe them to be extremely fortunate to be included into the family. Staff were treated with kindness, dignity and respect, the younger ones living in the family home and attended lessons plus attending to daily choirs. Certainly not disadvantaged!!.
My room on the ground floor was very comfortable, air-conditioned, modern bathroom, spacious and tastefully decorated. I spent 17 nights at The Royale, an oasis providing beautiful views, wonderful warm people plus good service. Being off season much of the restaurant staff go home to visit family so I often ate with friends, at the Dahani and some other very good restaurants in the area. Sharing home cooked lunch with Harish cooked by his mother was a culinary treat.
Harish & Artie are a genuine couple who are honest, kind & friendly, they went beyond my every expectation. I really believe they will be blessed with many years of harvest.
All the best my friends
Breeze Jessep Darwin Australia

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank AussieBreeze
Reviewed April 27, 2009

First of all:
The hotel-stuff is friendly and the rooms with windows are very nice and charming. Advoid the ones without a window. The food on the roof-top restaurant is ok, but there are better restaurants in the neighbourhood.

The stuff cheated us with the laundry. We had to pay 1200 rupies for 57 pieces.

Summit: nice place to stay-good value.

We were a little bit offended to find children working there. For us it is strange and we are feeling ashamed about that. We think that western tourists should spend enough money in such a hotel to avoid this mess of child labour.

We are talking about real children work, because they have to carry our heavy suitcases and clean the dirty watertank and also clean the kitchen of the rooftop restaurant by weaping it on their knees. One of the two children was wearing his dress (trousers and T-shirt) for 3 days.

We hope this complainment may help to provide children a childhood and allows them to go to school instead of working.

Even in India child labour is prohibited.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chrismon
hotelraunak, owner at Hotel The Royale Jaisalmer, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2009

The boy you are talking about is the one my wife and i adopted from jaiselmer. he is mentally retarted and loves to do what he likes.we do not want to scold him even if he is doing any mistake. this hotel is a family run institution and like i and my wife work he sometimes work copying us and sometimes play and make things dirty. we love him and are really sorry to read such a review from a client. the scanned adoptations papers can be posted if any body wishes.
regards
Mrs & Mr Harish

Reviewed April 5, 2009

We stayed here after checking out of an awful hotel in Jaiselmer.
Rooms are beautifully decorated and clean. The restaurant is good. The location is great. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful, they couldn't have done more for us. What a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank benebear
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Wonderful experience. Great location and brand new hotel. Very clean and plesant. The restaurant also has an amazing view. The staff was extremely friendly, so much so that the owner even invited us to his brother's wedding. I would recommend to anyone in the area. Unlike many hotels in India, this one is great value for the price!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank gohabsgo2028
Reviewed February 5, 2009

We had our driver bring us around to look for rooms once we were in Jaisalmer. We looked at Shahi Palace - they only have very small rooms left though the terrace view was great.

We wanted a bigger room since we are going to stay at least 2 nights. Next we looked at Green Hotel which does not look clean, we went to Royale. We bargained for the heritage room and got the deal without breakfast, the staff was unlike the other reviews which say they were very friendly and helpful - they were nice enough. The lady owner was pretty friendly but don't see her around most of the time. She was the one that gave us the suite room for the same price when we were checking in - room 107!! It was a fabulous room! Really nice!

It's really a 5 min walk to the fort, and 10-15 min walk to Trio restaurant. The hotel restaurant food here was not good at all - breakfast is standard enough. However I would avoid dinner here (it's vegetarian only anyway), the prices are the same as Trio which serve much better quality and bigger portion. The view of the fort during breakfast or from the room (107) is again fabulous!

I would recommend this place

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Crescentra
Reviewed December 12, 2008

During my 5 weeks in India I have never found such genuine, generous, and hospitible hotel staff. Every member was friendly, happy, and enthusiastic. The hotel is refreshingly impeccable and with it's luxurious decorations creates the idyllic Indian atmosphere. It's in a quiet location within short walking distance to all the Jaiselmer sights. The view from the rooftop restaurant can't be beat and the food is hands-down delicious. The kitchen staff are, in particular, hilarous. :) I highly recommend The Royale for any traveler looking for a high quality, clean hotel with fantastic staff. Happy travels!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank rkronick