This hotel is in a great location within 10 mins walk from the entrance to the fort and the rooftop restaurant has great views.....thats the good points. The A/C in my room didn't work so I was moved to a different room where the hot water didn't work. The towels were soiled and absolutely filthy. Breakfast was a joke, minimal choice served by children who were wearing the dirtiest uniforms ever. Our group went out for breakfast on the second day of our stay. (10 metres past the fort, street stall selling fresh indian breakfast pasties, you'll know the one as its really busy and food very tasty). The man in reception was completely indifferent to my complaints, particularly about the vile towels., the pool was so cold it was un-useable.
This has the potential to be a great hotel however I think the owners are putting in no effort as the location brings in visitors. There are other hotels in town with good views and auto rickshaws are cheap and plentiful, I wouldn't go back. This was easily the worst hotel of the 10 or so that I stayed in while in India.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel The Royale Jaisalmer is run by a family - Mr. Harish Sharma and his wife, Arrti Sharma. We make our guests feel that they are staying at their home and not a hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Royale Jaisalmer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royale Jaisalmer Hotel Jaisalmer
- The Royale Hotel Jaisalmer