“" A home away from home "”

Hotel Palace Height
Ranked #49 of 105 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Trinidad
“" A home away from home "”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

this hotel have made my trip to rajasthan for sight seeing such an easy and amazing experience. because of booking in advance we had been picked up upon arriving at jaisalmer, making the hassle of traveling and finding the hotel unnecessary. the budget friendly rooms were amazingly great and westernized as well. the hotel offered great and of course budget friendly packages for experiencing the desert. i tried desert safari (which was a once in a life time experience for my friends and i). there is also the package of which you spend the night in the desert located resort ( there you experience traditional rajasthani dances and many more traditional activities) but what struck me was the inclusion of western music for partying. oh how comfortable it made us feel. at the hotel various cuisines of your choice can be served. the view from the rooftop restaurant of the lake and the famous jaisalmer fort was mesmerizing. the very vibrant and friendly staff all knew english just fine so staying there was easy and comfortable. i would like to thank the staff for the excellent quality of service towards my friends and i Abu, Kutub, Lala, Jala and of course Mr. Firoz.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The internet was not always there, and you have to fight to get hot water (because they have a system by firewood that it´s slow and expensive). But the rooms where very clean (by indian standards) and beautifully furnished, tv cable always there and very friendly crew. It´s by far much more cheaper than the hotels inside the fort and it´s very near the entrance.

Room Tip: The first and second floor rooms have more light and wind, but less internet signal.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bogotá Colombia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We got there by an dishonest offer from a third party guy who brought us with the promise of a half price safari (we can't blame the hotel for that), even then, we have a very nice time not only in the hotel, with a wonderful breakfast, but also, with the "Non- Touristic" safari, this was one of my favorites trips in India and of course, the day back, we have plenty of time to see the fantastic fort that is only a couple of blocks away, I can't imagine that you can have a better price/reward ratio in Jaisalmer

Room Tip: You must do the "non touristy Safari", is an unforgettable experience.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My stay at Palace Height was short yet memorable. The rooms are spacious, well furnished and fully functional - all at a reasonable price.

They also organized a 1-night camel safari for me - something your experience of Jaisalmer will not be complete without.

A special shout out to my friends Abu and Jalal - I will miss having breakfast on the rooftop with the both of you.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Very clean and very helpful and nice staff. Great location because it's a few minutes walk from the fort and yet you're not staying within the fort and thus adding to the problems it is already facing from tourism. Good food and nice rooftop to look at the stars at night.
They do try to get you to purchase a camel journey at a much higher cost to guarantee a cheaper room, but then I found one cheaper in town and they were still okay with that - as the price is pre-agreed for the room it, of course remained the same. Despite my booking with another company, they still offered me a shower upon my return and place to keep my bag during my camel trek. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
mumbai
Reviewed February 14, 2014

nice hotel with comfortable rooms and all the boy r helpful abu and ashok they help us lots to find desert fastivel place and help us to book our train ticket and we also participants in desert fastivel competition with indian and westuren women tug of war completion and unfortunately we loose ..
we had such great time in hotel palace height we ll defuntly eand to come back

• Stayed February 2014
Jaipur, India
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I meet the manager of the hotel on the train from delhi to jaisamler and he invited me to the non touristic safari camel tour on sam dunes and I regrete turning that down. The palace height hotel is great located with a nice view over the fort, great personnel, always smiling and willing to help. I spend a lot of time over ther and Pablo is doing his best for everyone to have a great stay. If you have the chance to stay over there take their camel safari tour. You will never regret it. Don.t go on touristic tour because you will not see the real desert.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo