“excellent hotel in bikaner.”

Hotel Harasar Haveli
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Bikaner
Jaipur, India
“excellent hotel in bikaner.”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

its great hotel in all manners.good quwality of food,goodroof-top restaurant.beautifull-rooms.helpfull staff.great value of money.
i will strongly recmmond harasar haveli to all.

Room Tip: all rooms r good.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank vijaygautam11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
delhi
Reviewed October 11, 2011

in an otherwise average hotel, perhaps the best thing was the roof-top ambiance at nights with folk music played by local artistes! the food was mediocre, the rooms were ok-ok with nominal ventilation. the locks on the main door were a little tipsy which was a cause of concern during nights though nothing untoward happened during our stay. location wise, the hotel has nothing much to offer with popular destinations quite far which ruled out the option of walking. we were told that we would be picked up from the railway station, but nobody arrived. on calling the hotel, the man at the reception offered to pay us the fare from the station to the hotel. but it was not so much about money as the discomfort caused by the night's train journey. also the waiters were not particularly attentive to the food orders with mistakes being committed on more than 1 occasions. then they also tried to charge for food food which we had not ordered. i would not like to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mithuraaj d
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Checked in this hotel for 12 hours as I was on transit from Shimla to Jaisalmer.

Beautiful hotel, nice clean r0oms. We got two air cond rooms with a view of the city.
Good location as it walking distance to most of the tourist attractions around that area.
There was a tuk tuk to pick my friends and me from the rail way station as promised.
breakfast was g0od. Friends and me enjoyed the breakfast.

Comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Do not miss the dinner at the roof top, it was very nice with some local singers and dancers entertaining us. Sunset was beautiful to be witnessed from the rooftop.

Will definitely come back to this place if I return to Bikaner someday. I highly recommend this place.

7 Thank J.Puvan
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have just returned from a trip to Bikaner and stayed at the Harasar with a group of 8 people. I had a good feeling about the hotel during my initial phone call, when I had a good laugh with Ali over the phone. I called him the next morning at 5am as we were boarding the train to confirm that he would meet us at the station when we arrived. Again we had a laugh as I apologised for waking him and he pretended that he had been up for hours. When we finally unpeeled ourselves from the train's bunks Ali was waiting in front of us as we stepped onto the platform.

As we wheeled up to the hotel in the rickshaw I quickly felt at ease. The hotel is unassuming and newly renovated. We were welcomed warmly and shown to our rooms. The rooms were tastefully decorated, preserving the soul of the haveli in the decor. The hand-panted ceiling murals, coloured glass window and spaciousness gave a flavour of the past without compromising the demands of our times. THE BATHROOM WAS BRAND NEW, with marble for the wet-work, modern (not cheap) faucets, and clean throughout. (This is always a big consideration for me as there is always the possibility of spending extended periods getting to know the bathroom!)

There is a fully enclosed restaurant with A/C and city views for daytime meals and a rooftop restaurant for after the sun sets. The food is quite good and certainly a sound option when compared to other dining spots. At night, the restaurant is candle-lit throughout and local live music (drums and singing) is beautifully played; sitting on the roof and looking over the city was a great treat and the perfect end to a long hot day.

Despite the quality of the Haveli, it was really the hospitality that stole the show. I don't mean the gratuitous sort of service of the 5* hotels, which usually feels plastic and exploitative. Instead, this was sincere and honest hospitality. Conversations with Ali felt like talking to a new, soulful friend, like a character from a Paulo Coelho novel. I have travelled a lot in my life and Ali is the real deal...he gave the sort of information that isn't in the guidebooks but you most wished was there, and he genuinely cares. As a professional in this industry I know very well that you can't hire and train people like Ali, he has a gift.

Perhaps you are looking for something else, to be pampered in opulent luxury or to be treated as a god; not really my cup of tea. I travel to explore myself and the lives of those in the places that I venture. I never write this kind of review and I am usually cynical of the flattery of others, but, for me, this haveli and its hospitality made the journey and its memory a treasure.

9 Thank balticzephyr
Surat
Reviewed August 24, 2011

While it is slightly out of the center of town, downtown Bikaner is waaay too noisy and busy for a comfortable stay. Close to the bus stop, this place had excellent value for the money; we got a cheaper room and still enjoyed the gorgeous building and nice rooftop restaurant. Ali also booked us a camel safari and really went the extra mile to make sure we enjoyed ourselves! We would recommend Ali and Harasar Haveli to any traveller.

8 Thank Sarah B
Munich
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights to visit the sights in Bikaner and also to do a camel trek (incl one night in the desert). The accommodation in the hotel is really authentic and offers really reasonable rooms for all kind of budget.
What we want to mention seperately is Ali who helped us organizing not only the camel trek (which was a great experience) but also the special sights in the city. He is a really nice guy who is willing and able to help you with everything you need! Just ask for him at the reception.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Flatty85
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Very good reception in Bikaner with recommendations to meet Mr Ali from Hotel Harasar.
We went to this very nice place and we found everything we were looking for. Nice trip in a camel safari, good food, good people and very good accomodations which was very revigorating helping us to continue our trip.
Mr Ali did everything he could for us and with us. We totally recommend you to visit Bikaner and this nice hotel and his people.
Pedro, Ines and Joao (Portugal)

11 Thank Pedro M