All reviewsrailway stationfamily dining roomthe ownertrain hornspeaceful gardenfamily historyhomely foodfamily run hotelwalking distancehome cookedbreakfast and dinnerdining hallrooms are spaciousjunagarh fortbig bathroomexcellent stayhome made
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Need a short stay at bikaner and after so many great reviews and price booked this hotel thru Make my trip (MMT). One day before checkin I got a call from hotel staff that they are not partner with MMT or Goibibo hence they would not be able to provide room. I talked to MMT helpline and after cancellation and refund booked another hotel. It was nice on part of hotel staff to inform in advance as I was suppose to reach bikaner late evening and it would be a problem for me. I am writing this review so that one can confirm before make online booking for the hotel. Better to re-confirm booking with hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2018

My wife and I visited this hotel as part of our custom 12-day tour of Rajasthan with Abyss tours. We generally selected our own hotels and Abyss tours also made some suggestions for us. We were delighted with Hotel Jaswant Bhawan. We loved the simplicity and elegance of this small traditional character family run hotel. The building carries its own charm. We were also impressed by the genuineness and hospitality of the manager and enjoyed hearing about the family history associated with hotel. The food was great and the court yard restaurant was a charming feature.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2018

“Fantastic staff; very professionally managed and operated and friendly staff who were always more than helpful with everything and any request. This goes for all the staff - from the owners / managers to the young boy who rushed ahead of us to open doors and carry bags!!!

Exceptionally clean rooms, the cleanest I have ever seen in fact. My only criticism is that there are no mini bars/fridges in the rooms - which in the extreme heat is really essential. Wifi, like elsewhere in India is also a bit intermittent, but not too bad.

The rooms were very spacious, huge in fact - as was the bathroom, comfy beds and clean bathroom. The hotel is beautiful and full of heritage charm. It’s a close walk of five minutes to the bustling local market or an autorickshaw ride to the fort or old town.

The family run restaurant was a highlight, delicious and generous meals prepared fresh and all our dietary restrictions were accommodated, kudos to the chef and kitchen staff! The tandoori chicken is to die for!” - the best I have ever eaten and I ordered it more than once!

An ayuvedic massage is a must while you stay - totally relaxing and rejuvinating and good value!!!

Close to the train station, makes arriving and departing easy as well, and there is not much noise.

Loved Bikaner, loved this hotel and could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Chavelli S
Reviewed April 7, 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in February. We were met off the train by the owner and our luggage was carried over the footbridge to the hotel. We were given a complimentary cup of tea in the courtyard and shown our immaculately clean double room with a very large wetroom/bathroom. We enjoyed the lovely home cooked breakfasts and sitting out in the pretty garden or around the brazier in the evenings. We found the staff to be very polite and helpful and felt that the hotel offered a real oasis of calm from the chaos of the town. I feel that they offer excellent value for money.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

I had booked two AC rooms with extra bed each for 5th and 6th February 2018. On a positive note the rooms were spacious and homely. But what I did not like was that on arrival we were not even offered a glass of water, not even regular aquaguard water. There were empty jugs and glasses in the rooms. Even the extra beds for children were given on repeated requests. Also TV was not working in one of the rooms.
I would not say that the behaviour of the staff was arrogant or cold but they were totally disinterested type. Not even once they asked about our comfort.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family