“lovely property actually in the desert”

Umaid Safaris & Desert Lodge
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“lovely property actually in the desert”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I been to Umaid safari & desert lodge with a group of 8 frnds, 4 cottages were offered to us, absolutely clean and well furnished.Special thanks to Mr. Umesh, really humble person, we visited the complete farm - horses, ducks, goats, everything was so good.
All 3 meals were superb, we never eated so much :) and they even in night they arranged musician and candle light dinner, one of the best night with great frnds, good food and awsome place.Thanks you Mr. Umesh.

Do visit guys, u will surely not waste a single penny :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ishan10feb

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I thank Umesh from the bottom of my heart for such wonderful hospitality and genuine care. We had a phenomenal time at Umaid Safaris & Desert Lodge. I would highly recommend anyone visiting Bikaner to stay for a couple of nights in Raisar (17 km before Bikaner on Jaipur-Bikaner highway) at Umaid Safaris & Desert Lodge. The food is awesome, the hospitality warm and the setting mesmerizing. I wish Umesh all the very best in all his endevors (Zaika Restaurant,Umaid Safaris & Desert Lodge and all the future ventures that he gets into). Thanks a ton Umesh :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rafid-Exploring
Pune
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am generally a finicky person when it comes to organizing my trips, I like to plan it well in advance and know exactly where I will and when, with all arrangements done before hand. My google search on the desert safaris in Bikaner started almost a month in advance, and honestly I had finalized with another company just when I came across Umaid Desert Safari. I spoke to Mr. Umesh to understand the services they offer etc. I must admit two things - guy has awesome convincing power and is a true gentleman who delivers more than he promises. We were a group of 5, and it being a weekday, the entire camp was to us ( guess that's why we got a royal treatment!) Mr Umesh went out of his way to arrange for an additional meal on short notice (no additional cost!) for us since we arrived at lunch time (we were meant to reach there only by 5 in the evening). One thing I must mention here is their cook was awesome! We just couldn't stop eating, the food was delicious. There was a BBQ arranged for us specially (though the veggies / marination could have been better, non veg was awesome) Live folk music (local singers), bbq, bonfire on a winter night (7-8 degrees) in the middle of the desert was a perfect setting!! In the evening some camels were organized for us to go explore the dunes (got some awesome shots). Their tea is brilliant, I think it was lemon grass flavor - you'll surely want more than one cup in that cold windy weather! A drop back to Bikaner was arranged for us as well in the Mahindra Thar (which I got to drive :P ) Almost forgot to mention, their rooms are clean and cozy (mattress was slightly hard for me - I am used to the sink-in beds so i guess its not their fault), the tents are awesome as well, just found them too claustrophobic for my liking. (Though their solar heater was not working, so I could barely brush my teeth early in the morning, forget daring to take a bath!)

All in all I would rate this place a 4/5 - and considering how economical this stay was I would say this rating is very good! I'll definitely recommend this place and would love to stay with them again!

Room Tip: Tents would be nice to experience, just let know in advance for the guys to air them for you in adva...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Delhi
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Bhunga on our visit and were really glad with the comfort and cleanliness. The Bhungas are nicely done and feel cosy. Though, the tents look exciting from outside, they are too small in my opinion and feels kind of claustrophobic. However, everything else about the place is nice- safari, food, cultural performance etc.

An area so improvement is 'Service'. From getting water, tea to asking them to switch on the water supply. On my visit, I had to ask for each thing a few times before I could get it. The experience here will become excellent if the staff is more alert and quicker in service.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at the Umaid safari camp during our visit to the Camel festival (Jan 26/27 2013). The camp is well located, about a KM in from the highway and is easy to locate. There is ample parking space and they also provided a room for our driver.

Rooms are decent size and very comfortable. The tents are also spacious but could get cold at night. Bathrooms for both the options were nice and clean. Hot water available on request (no extra cost).

Food was fantastic- multiple options and served hot, next to the bon fire. They had also arranged for a cultural performance of folk rajasthani music.

Over all- very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar, rooms are slightly warmer than tents. Rooms have attached bathrooms, tents...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends