City Heart Sarovar Portico
Hotel Samrat(Ludhiana)
  • Restaurant
Hotel ONN(Ludhiana)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrailway stationvalue for moneylarge roombusiness tripclock towermorning buffet breakfast iswalking distancebusiness hotelcomfortable stayfresh fruitleisure travelmodern amenitiesin room diningeasy accessthe hotel staffstayed one nightrecommend this hotel
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had stayed in this hotel for a couple days mostly for business purpose. The hotel location is very badly placed around the railway station and also opposite to a beer bar which makes it very unsuitable for womens. Due to its shady location its very unsafe for womens. The room of the hotel are good and food provided is also fine. The hotel staff is very poor in hospitality and room service. the hotel staff is not that well trained due to which customer have to suffer many times. Cost wise its definately a good option however i would not recommend this hotel for staying.

Room Tip: Higher floors might be good however no such preferences
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sss1234558
Rahul S, General Manager at City Heart Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am personally dismayed to know of the incidents which affected your pleasant stay at City Heart Sarovar Portico, Ludhiana

We will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

Safety and security of our guest is of utmost importance to us and we assure you that we take all measures to ensure guests are safe and secure at the Hotel

We look forward to welcoming you back at City Heart Sarovar Portico, Ludhiana

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

A business trip in Ludhiana for 4 Nights and after a lot of searching on TripAdvisor portal...the decent option was City Heart Sarovar Portico ... and I finalised my booking via 'Make My Trip; website. The final charges after adding taxes and reducing some offers and discount came to 15,800 Rs i.e. around 4000 Rs per night ...inclusive of complimentary breakfast.

I reached Ludhiana at around 12:30. The hotel is just 1 KM away from Ludhiana railway station and for a change i took a cycle rickshaw (just for the fun to see how it feels) at a nominal cost of Rs 20. The weather was very pleasant and the 15 minutes odd cycle-rickshaw drive in maddening traffic was still nice and enjoyable.... i guess.... due to the pleasant cold climate.

My check-in was ultra fast. I handed over the hotel booking voucher, my visiting card and my aadhar card and the receptionist handed over my key in 3-4 minutes. I was given room no 103.

The room was very spacious and gave a nice clean fresh feeling.
The 2 important points for me to make me like my stay in a hotel is normally based on the vibes and feeling i get (a) when i enter inside hotel and (b) when I enter inside the room.
The reception lounge (though simple) and the spacious clean nice room gave me very positive vibes and i became certain that I would enjoy my stay here............

The buffet dining room is at the ground floor. The buffet menu spread was adequate....salads, 1 soup, main course a combination of 2 Chinese dishes and other standard north Indian cuisine i.e. 1 dal, 2 subjis, rice, and a choice of Indian breads. The dessert spread also had 4-5 options. The breakfast menu spread was also sufficient for selections consisting of 2-3 south Indian dishes, 1 north Indian combination of either paratha-subji or puri subji and standard continental options of breads and corn flakes etc..... not to forget the fresh fruit cuts.

Regretfully i will not be able to rate the taste as up to satisfying levels for the following reasons....(1) South Indian Breakfast items needs to have a little more south Indian taste. The idli was so-so. The medu wadas were fairly ok. Coconut chati was missing on the day I chose to take south Indian cuisine option. But the main dissatisfaction is from the lunch and dinner cuisines! The chine vegetables (all 4 days) had extra thin watery gravy! The punjabi cuisines taste was fairly good but 2 days that i went in for dinner at around 9:15 or so.... the food had gone in between luke warm and cold. The sabjis 5 minutes later on my plate...were absolutely cold, I did feel that to show this to the hotel manager but did not as was too occupied mentally with my pending work issues.

The sleep quality was excellent. The in-room mini bar allowed me offer my friend guest ... nice beer. The study table gave great comfort while working on my laptop. Had a lot of channel options and did enjoy seeing the serials i normally don't miss i.e. 'Poirot' and 'Castle'.

The bathroom size is compact but nicely done with an enclosed shower room. The hot shower (and the water had good pressure) in the morning was very soothing and energized me to start the day! There was one other major issue and i feel that if the management reads this review, they should check and if found true...should take corrective measures! All the days in the morning.. the HOT water from wash basin tap gushed out along with some tiny black stone particles which visibly settled on the basin floor! I avoided hot water from the wash basin tap for gargling and rinsing. The cold water though was clean. I guess this stone-mud is either from the boiler which heats the water or from rusted pipes! Anyway the cold water was clean and hence no issues!

The staff was courteous and friendly except the fact ... that the door gatekeeper did not offer me assistance with my bag when I walked in. At an hindsight i do feel that his job is to guard the entrance and not that of a bell boy..... but accustomed to such luxuries offered by other similar level hotel.... i guess either my ego was hurt or i may have got spoiled by this bad habit......

The room service was very prompt and the food served in room service was good...except of course the thin water like gravy of a Chinese vegetable !

The hotel is in middle of a hustle-bustle market so do not expect gardens and pools! The advantage is you are in the center of the city and makes going to any place easy and quick.

I would definitely like to come back again. I would have given it all 5 stars had the food quality been up to a standard and the hot water in wash basin not been small stone mixed.

Overall a very good stay,

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pinesh

Dear Guest,

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.
We take all feedback seriously, and have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time.
We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very good. fantastic place to live, ambiance is very beautiful rooms are big and very much decorated. I love to stay at this place again. There is a gymnasium in the basement in good and working condition. The food quality is good. Only negative about this place is that the rent is on bit higher side and the outside traffic noice may give you some problem while sleep.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AbhishekPandit

Dear Valued Guest

We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at JW Marriott Mumbai.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is to offer comfort with good service and product to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

With best regards
General Manger

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We had recently visited Kila Raipur to attend the Rural Olympics and stayed in this property for 2 nights.

It is right in the heart of the city near the Clock Tower. The room and big and nicely done.

The food is good but the fish tikkas are to die for.

My only regret is the Wifi in the Hotel which is erratic but as a whole 3G in Ludhiana is a joke considering it is Mittal's hometown. So I am going to give the benefit of doubt to the Hotel and still recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We have taken a note of your feedback about the Wi Fi services and we shall be working towards improvements on the same

My Kitchen team is delighted to know that you liked some of our food preparations

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed in this hotel during my last two visits to Ludhiana. Its a small sized business hotel - with one restaurant that serves all meals. The rooms are nice and spacious and value for money. The only down side is that it located close to the railway station and old market - which makes it a very busy road. However that location is convenient for commuting in Ludhiana.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Rahul S, General Manager at City Heart Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Guest
We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at City Heart Sarovar Portico.

Our first priority is our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is to offer comfort with good service and product to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

With best regards