“Hungry kya”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Ludhiana
Dehradun, India
“Hungry kya”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have a bad experience of the hospitality. The reason being I was on a business trip to Ludhiana and being a member of Club Carlson, I always stayed at Hotel majestic Park Plaza. While making the reservation on line, I came across that the one day rate is 6400/- (incl breakfast) plus applicable taxes for single occupancy and for two days it is Rs.5440/- plus applicable taxes per night. Since I have to stay for two nights, I have made the reservation accordingly for two nights. At the time of check in I have been told by the receptionist that although this package allows 20% discount, but the breakfast is not included in this deal. On an enquiry the breakfast cost per head is Rs.600/- plus taxes. In my opinion then how can they boost a discount of 20%, when they are not allowing breakfast, which is against Indian culture i.e. guest is God and they are letting him go empty stomach from their property without any meals. SinceI am not their type, so I picked the continental breakfast and paid separately. Even firstly they have charged me for different items independently, which was far in excess of their prescribed rate of continental breakfast, but due to my awareness while signing the slip I got it modified. Therefore, let the customer/traveller be aware of such deals and charges by so called reputed hotels of the Club Carlson group.

2 Thank 1001reviews
GMParkPlaza, General Manager at Park Plaza Ludhiana, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Sir,

We appreciate your dropping a post on trip advisor and giving your feedback.

We would like to however clarify that the Discount offer of 5440/- which you selected was 'Hot Deals for Carlson Hotels". The Hot Deals are available for 2 Nights and are categorically on European Plan ie. No Breakfast which is mentioned clearly on the offer.
The Discount of 20% was on the Best Available On line Rate which of course is Higher and included Breakfast. Hence there is no ambiguity on this offer.

On the Billing for your room service We would like to clarify that you ordered 2 items from the A'la Carte menu, A Bread Basket and Juice only. There were no hot beverages ordered. Hence these were charged as ordered. On your request we made the necessary changes for a Continental Breakfast.

Sir, we like to be very particular of our guest's requirements as is the nature of our industry. Nothing wilfully was done to mollify you on the concerns.
You may rest assured that you shall always be well looked after at the Park Plaza, Ludhiana.

I do hope that you shall afford us another opportunity to be of Service.

Warm Regards and Best Wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Gurgaon
Reviewed September 4, 2013

One of the nicer hotels in Ludhiana. Well kept, helpful staff who remember my food/tea preferences every time I go. Decor is a little too modern/not very practical for my taste. Rooms have low light. Electonics and controls very hard to figure out. Can't go too wrong here however.

Room Tip: Some of the corner rooms have more space.
3 Thank JoeTOC
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dropping your review on Trip Advisor & also your most gracious comments on a satisfying stay.
We hope to see you visit again and offer our very best.

Mumbai, India
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel once again as during most of my trips to Ludhiana, I prefer to stay in this hotel of Sarovar group. One thing is sure that this hotel is not able to maintain the hygiene over the time. The rooms and bathrooms though nice are slowly getting older. Floor alleys outside rooms wear some what unclean look. Food in this hotel is excellent and the lobby restaurant offers a good breakfast. Prices have been revised over the period and today it's definitely not offering a value for money,as it used to offer earlier.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the main road as this roadside is very noisy.
1 Thank guru52
GMParkPlaza, General Manager at Park Plaza Ludhiana, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your posting your comments on Trip Advisor.
I am glad your stay was comfortable and we shall definitely look into your observation on the corridor cleanliness as you have mentioned. It is our endeavour to ensure upkeep in all aspects of the hotel.

Sir, we have not revised pricing any time in the near past on any aspects, the tariffs remain as they are since a year now and our restaurant menu pricing and other services also have not been increased recently. We remain competitively priced on all services in our category of hotel.

Incase you had any particular observation, I would request you to take the time to drop us a a mail or call me so that we may address any concerns you may have had.

We hope to see you visit again.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm in Ludhiana often and almost always chose this hotel. Hotel is clean, staff is friendly, and good amenities - pool is large, and access to the sauna and steam areas is outstanding. Food is very good with multiple restaurant choices. Nice bar, with premium cigar choices. Breakfast, wi-fi, steam areas are all free - nice touch that most premium hotels charge for. Will continue to chose this hotel.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room. Deluxe Room
1 Thank rickboozell
Dear Sir,

Thank you for having put your comments on Trip Advisor.
The team and I appreciate your vote of confidence on the facilities and services.
We do hope to see you soon and offer our services.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have stayed for 5-nights in Park Plaza, Ludhiana (from 15th July to 19th July) and can visibly see how the once great hotel standing tall in the heart of the city is losing its sheen due to below average services and poor housekeeping. No doubt it is most popular and famous hotel that host many events due to its previous reputation but somehow the hotel management could not able to provide 100% satisfaction to the guests. The best thing remains are it huge lobby and breakfast area......remaining rooms are average, beds are small, pillows were dud and uncomfortable, can you imagine, have got used toiletries in washroom and room service are poor.

Would love to stay again provided the management takes care of small-small issues that matters to the guests and improvised on its services at the earliest.

1 Thank Inderpreet1313
GMParkPlaza, General Manager at Park Plaza Ludhiana, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Mr. Singh,

Thank you for having taken the time write your review about the Hotel on Trip Advisor. It is much appreciated.
We would like to address your individual concerns put up by you during your stay:
Sir, you had mentioned the room size as being inconvenient to which we had promptly shown you another room in which you settled comfortable. The Superior & Club Floor room sizes we have are standard to all Floors and conform to an international size of 300 Sq Ft.

Our Apologies on the Shower Cap, which you have mentioned as used !
Sir, we do not recycle Guest Supplies or Hygiene Products as a basic standard to all hotels. In your case it was unfortunate that the previous Occupant had used the shower Cap and Folded the same and placed it back properly in the box.
The Housekeeping staff would not have checked inside individual Guest Supply Boxes as a norm since guests use the supplies and these are promptly replaced. This was by sheer chance and an extremely rare case.

Sir, We are extremely concerned about the well being of our guests and can assure you that services would always be of utmost priority since that is the sole reason of the team being here.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Plaza, Ludhiana shortly.

Maharastra
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I (my friends and colleagues) stay a this hotel when ever we visit this city for the last few years
These days the management is too weak or bad i should tell as my friends also felt the same.

I requested for a transport from railway station and i got confirmation through e mail. i was waiting at the station, no one i came of my own and informed to reception, they were not aware of this and was checking for that statement, as late i told her forget that and allow me the room...

one day i ordered for an item, waiter informed it will take 5 mts, it came bit late but no issues
next day i ordered the same, after 15 mts no news too many boys walking i informed 2 of them about my order, one informed will check and went another informed any order will take 15 to 20 mts, again after 22 mts i informed those boys, again same comment will take 15 mts Sir.
I informed i am here for more than 23 mts, yes order will come, then i order for a tea, tea came in 3 mts.

After 27 mts my order did not come and when i open my mouth another person said will get in 2 mts

The question is not the breakfast, the time, the statements, of course - 16th july during that time resturant was not at all busy.

No systems or lack of systems........

Never back, as no other hotel every visitor will come back to this hotel they feel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMParkPlaza, General Manager at Park Plaza Ludhiana, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for having taken the time to put your review on Trip Advisor. It always helps us in improving our services.

We regret the inconvenience faced by you on the issues that you have mentioned however there may be some miscommunication at either end since we have all your reservation details but unfortunately there is no intimation on the Pick Up Request.
You have my sincere apologies for the delay of your Request for the Paratha at Breakfast. I am completely in agreement on the delay of the same.

As discussed with you over the phone on the same evening, post your departure, you have my assurance that the issue was looked into immediately by us, we look to address our guest feedback very seriously.

I do hope that you shall afford us the opportunity to provide you with excellent services on your next visit. I can assure you that you would see a marked difference.

Best Wishes
new delhi
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 12th June, Nice hotel, great location, only problem is food. seems to be like a proper banquet food, too oily and creamy, needs to improve upon food quality. otherwise nice friendly staff, front office in particular. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank madho b
GMParkPlaza, General Manager at Park Plaza Ludhiana, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Park Plaza, Ludhiana !
We appreciate the feedback which you have sent, Thank you so much for the same.
I am glad that your stay with us was most comfortable and we shall endeavour to make it so each time you are here with us.

We have noted your comments on the Cuisine. Thank you for the observation.
We are very conscious of the ingredients and preparations that we do, yes traditional Punjabi Preparations would be a little on the heavier side.
We shall definitely try and keep this aspect within perspective

We do look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Warm Regards & Best Wishes