“Pathetic”

Park Plaza Ludhiana
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Ludhiana
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Horrible.....if I have to explain in one word. The staff is very unfriendly. I reached there and to my surprise I was told $200 deposit for room and then when I gave the credit card I was told they will charge $400 on the card and that $200 deposit then later on will be given back to me at checkout but in INR Indian currency. Room was Ok. Nothing great about it. Was somewhat noisy and the worst was that the air conditioner was not working. I even called and complained, so someone shows up but just to be told that it can not be fixed untill next morning. One of the glass in the room was cracked and sharp, I almost cut my lip off. The wi-fi service is very poor. Had IT come in room to check and fix the problem several hours later. Worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
GMParkPlaza, General Manager at Park Plaza Ludhiana, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your Review.
It was most unfortunate that we did not meet your desired levels of expectation. We shall endeavor to strive harder for the same and better our standards.
My apologies for the Room Charge, however internationally most hotels would charge the Room in advance and also an amount for in room Chargeable facilities such as the Minibar since you were travelling with light baggage.
Unfortunately Hotels are not authorized for Currency Buying or Selling and we had to pay you back in INR instead of $ as charged.

The Room you stayed in would have had sliding Partitions to cancel the Noise from the Main Highway.

We do hope that you shall visit again and allow us the opportunity to offer you the best of our services so that we may redeem ourselves.

Warm Regards and Best Wishes

Reviewed January 2, 2013

After having travelled to more than 40 countries and stayed in hundreds of hotels, I thought I had seen it all, but this hotel has to be the worst experience that I have ever had in any hotel anywhere in the world and this after my friends and I had booked 10 rooms together. The staff was indifferent, wearing shabby and ill fitting uniforms with stains on them. The rooms were dimly lit with little sunlight and smelled bad. Customer service was non existent - at 2 am in the morning the staff was more worried about keeping their furniture in exact places rather than allow our party to pull chairs together - would not serve us coffee in the lounge even though the cafe was right next door and when we relocated to the cafe, it took 15 minutes for someone to acknowledge us - food was indifferent - altogether an avoidable experience

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
GMParkPlaza, General Manager at Park Plaza Ludhiana, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Sanjay,
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor, it definitely helps us to improve upon our services. We shall definitely look into the Service aspect that you have pointed out.
We are extremely conscious of the Product Quality and Services as many guests earlier have noted. We shall endeavor to improve further

Regarding your comment on the refusal of Service and Furniture, please appreciate the fact that your group was sitting in the 'Hotel Lobby'. It is a Public Area of the Hotel and it is not conducive to shift furniture and Have Beverages Served in that Area, internationally most hotels would not do that and it is only for the convenience of other guests, hence the request by our staff to shift to our Coffee Shop for availing services.

Nonetheless, we shall always try and be as hospitable as ever to our guests. I do look forward to seeing you as our guest once again and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

it was my 6 time to the hotel , location is very nice,exellent food in the room servic and very help full staff in reciption
rooms are clean and spacious
indian resturant food was very nice.
even the break fast was super.
in Ludhiana i think it the best hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank samir s
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I recently stayed at this property but was disappointed. I went by the reviews on Trip advisor but found it otherwise. First of all the electricity back up is faulty. The room temperature is not well maintained. The staff is courteous but not very prompt. The rooms are ok. Punj Spice (restaurant) is amazing n the staff there is excellent. The manager Mr Karun Bharti was very helpful. I doubt if I will visit this place again.

Room Tip: Choose the club rooms and higher category as the superior rooms are not very comfortable. There is r...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DrNNJ
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I've stayed here many times and each time my stay has been relaxing and refreshing. This hotel is probably the best in Punjab. Situated in the heart of financial part of Ludhiana, Park Plaza is minutes walk from the Ludhiana Stock Exchange, all the global banks and offices of multinational companies. I really liked the food offered by various restaurants in this hotel. I had the best Chinese food in 'Orient Blade'. They also have a really nice authentic Indian restaurant called 'Punj Spice', a cool sports bar and a 24 hrs restaurant called Panorama. The Panorama used to offer an 'all you can eat' Sunday brunch buffet, with drinks included....amazing food! Confirm to check if they still have it. The staff is very friendly and professional at the same time. There's a decent gym and a small but sufficient swimming pool. There's an outdoor grill/barbecue kinda setting as well. The 'tea lounge' is perfect for an evening cup of tea/coffee. If you are visiting from abroad, don't think twice....go for it...you won't regret it. Pros: Service, food, rooms, architecture, and other amenities Cons: may be one (some rooms show aging and they may have already fixed it)

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is currently the only five star property in Ludhiana that more than lived up to its reputation. Checking in was a breeze and the rooms were comfortable but small. The staff was polite but the service was a tad slow. I had made the reservation for three people with an extra bed but in the end the third person decided to leave late at night. I called up the reception next morning to request that extra bed charges should be cancelled and they obliged without a hesitation. I was impressed because i was prepared for an argument on that one.

This hotel provides every five star facility including an exceptional breakfast buffet, a world class Chinese restaurant, a great coffee shop, bar, gym, swimming pool, saloon (Overpriced) and premium shopping brands like Mont Blanc.

The tariff was less than a typical five star hotel but it looks and feels so much better than the typical steel and glass buildings of Delhi. Book this hotel without any second thoughts and i am sure u will not regret it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A class hotel with excellent location in the heart of Ludhiana. The bar, restaurant and banquet facilites are excellent. The service is fine and the rooms are spacious. The high end hotel caters to the needs of high end customers

Room Tip: must visit whenever made to visit Ludhiana
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends