Bhubaneswar is not exactly a small town. But it is nowhere near many other state capitals and even non-capital Indian cities like Coimbatore, Kochi, Visakhapatnam, Indore and Agra etc. So the presence of a class hotel like Mayfair Lagoon in this city surprises and overwhelms visitors.
What is most impressive about this hotel is the space. Spread over a vast space of several acres, the hotel campus boasts of waterbodies (apart from swimming pool) , walking tracks , temple and even a sort of mini-forest. You can hear the birds chirping and the water splashing as you come out of the room for a leisurely stroll . Donot be surprised if you lose your way inside the hotel amidst its numerous lanes , tracks , corridors and the like.
Another surprise element is the lack of vertical spread. The hotel is more horizontal than vertical for its vast size . It has just one floor above the ground floor , like a magical palace from the pre-elevator era.
Then again , the variety of rooms , suits and cottages available in the hotel will impress any guest. The most impressive are the cottages with one side facing an inhouse lake. There is also a water fountain inside a pond. One can hear the pleasing sound of splashing water while walking on the lengthy corridors.
A guest who just stays in his room and checks out has not really seen the hotel. One must discover the hotel by moving everywhere inside , both indoor and outdoor. There are several beautiful stauettes , artworks and artefacts all over the place . Set in very strategic locations. they are numerous but non-repeatative. There are four or five restaurants and bars including two theme restaurants ; one for chinese food and the other a replicated road-side punjabi eatery called 'Nakli Dhaba' . Food quality was quite good although the breakfast was a somewhat subdued affair.
The hotel ferries its guests from the reception area to the cottages in electric cars . There are many rooms in the main building which will not need such transportation. There are also conference halls of various sizes and an open-air wedding reception area.
The hotel is located in a plush location surrounded by few other star hotels of the city. There is plenty of open space both inside and outside. The hotel campus seems to start from a nearby highway , but actually it doesn't. Somehow the approach road appears to be a part of the hotel with well maintained parking slots on bothsides of the road.
If the existence of this hotel in a lesser known state capital is a surprise , then it must also be told that the room tariff is also stiff for Bhubaneswar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Being one of the best 5 star luxury hotel in Bhubaneswar, Mayfair Lagoon embodies the core values of Eastern hospitality. With its unique designs, architectural style and accent on ecology , Mayfair Lagoon stands apart from its peers in terms of its sheer magnificence, grandeur and aesthetics. Designed to be of a unique class of its own in the hotel industry, a pristine touch is lent with the enfolding greenery. The graceful aura exuded by its exquisite environs casts a hypnotic spell on the visitor. A stroll down the corridors and a glimpse of gardens at Mayfair Lagoon premises catapults one to experience an exalted sense of joy. All the rooms, suites and villas exude the aura of luxury and elegance. Beautifully decorated to enthrall the guests & provides a royal ambience for the guests. Complimenting suitably to the royal standard of living, the restaurants in Mayfair delight guest with their scrumptious offerings. Whether one is an aficionado of Indian foods or has a taste for continental, Chinese or Thai-our restaurants treat with the best flavors in each category. MAYFAIR Lagoon Reflects an Ideal Concord of Luxury, Elegance and Contemporary Lifestyle The Spa at Mayfair Lagoon is one of the best in class. Equipped with all latest tools and equipment’s and with expert staff to manage, it caresses your body, mind and soul and provides you a holistic sense of wellbeing. For event & meetings we have facilities of all specifications. Well-equipped and spacious, one can organize any sort of event in the serene surrounding at Mayfair Lagoon. Here, you can engage in a lot of activities and a wide option to choose from. You have a jogging track for the walk, a yoga centre, a fitness centre to work out and sporting facilities like table tennis, basketball and lawn tennis. You can also spend your time in a pool or unwind yourself in a swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mayfair Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayfair Lagoon Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Mayfair Lagoon Hotel Bhubaneswar