“Amazing Experience”
other travelers have booked this property
Feel the rich heritage of past, stay here at this former hunting mansion, now a villa farm house.
Take a deep breadth and feel the freshness of incredibile India and its simplicity and its heritage. enjoy bedrooms with colored windows,feel the cooling effect of a bygone era, using wet root curtains
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Spend the rarest moments of your life with someone so simple in the most remote villages in India
Have a thrilling Angling or sportfishing vacation with your family in this unknown destination.
For some people time has not changed. Enjoy seeing traditional methods of lifestyle
Be a part and get the feel of an old world charm.
be a part of tribal culture. watching cockfights are a part of local tribal lifestyle, weekly market
relax your mind and refresh your evenings with different tribal dances to remember for a long time
Exclusive al fresco dinner and breakfast settings for a romantic and memorable holiday.
go back in time and look at history.  A family with a rich heritage started in 81 AD.
Enjoy authentic Indian food and family receipies with hosts, cooked in bio gas eco kitchen
A smile is more than a thousand words.
India's top hand woven silk textile destination. A rich Indian product to carry home as gifts
we need no modern technology. we are better off with our traditional stuff !!.see craftsmen at work
Research scholars !! stop here to find out what you have missed in your study.
Are you a bird watcher or a nature photographer ? come here and get the best of it.
trekking, Jungle walk, cycling, Bat safari (flying fox), these are our best features.
For the trophy hunters, size does matter.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jaydeep_y
Pune, India
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2018 for a stay in November 2018

I had booked this property around four months ago. When I rang up Debjit on my return from Dhenkanal he had just overlooked my booking. But he immediately apologized. What followed afterwards was hospitality personified. Debjit & his wife Namrata are an amazing couple. They run this property with the utmost care & warmth without being too commercial. The rooms are huge & very clean. The linen is also spot on. The property has two big suites & two small rooms. Namrata is an amazing cook. We were there only for a day. So we could not taste the traditional Odisha cuisine. But we did enjoy the meals cooked by her. Early in the morning Debjit took us for a drive to a nearby tribal village. The drive was through dense forest, which was elephant territory. The village visit was an unique & awesome experience. The village was super clean & all the hutments were spread with cow dung. The villagers were very familiar with Debjit & they respected him. Debjit's family had done a lot for the tribals around the area. Debjit took us around the village & introduced us to some of the rituals & customs of the tribals.
The stay in Kila Dalijoda was very enjoyable & we wished that we would have stayed for more days instead of our short visit.

Date of stay: November 2018
Nov 20, 2018
Thanks a lot Jaydeep. It was a wonderful experience for us as well to meet you and your family.
As hosts we were very comfortable hosting you. We strongly recommend you to all hosts. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.
pirlouite
ecaussinnes
“A place to visit and enjoy plainfully”
Reviewed October 27, 2018 for a stay in October 2018

Just a wonderfull place to visit. The mansion, the hosts, the surroundings and local villages are worth the visit. You will enjoy great food also. The prices of accommodation and food are really good accordingly to all the facilities and quality you'll get from the hosts. Bycicles availables, visit of the forest and tribal village, visit of the surrounding villages, ... All together with a great athmosphere and remnants of past maharadjah era. A must do to learn about real and past India.

Date of stay: October 2018
Oct 28, 2018
Wonderful guests you are for any host. It was a pleasure meeting and knowing you both. We highly recommend them to all hosts. Thanks so much Joelly and Olivier for such high words. Hope we meet again. With lots of good wishes. Debjit n Namrata
Camper822...
“Breathtaking experience from Kila Dalijoda”
Reviewed October 7, 2018 for a stay in October 2018
people found this review helpful

Once you spend some time in Kila Dalijoda, you will fell in love not only with this place but also with Debjit's family and whole community. Be sure, they will do the best for you to enjoy staying there in the way you want. It can be lot of adventure, it can be just a kind and peacefull stay or both. In that time I felt I am a part of the community, even a family member. I loved to walk and cycle and explore jungle and tribal vilage as well as conversation about all topics you can image with Debjit and his wife during tea time. Little princess Shreevidya, their daughter, is full of energy and she is ready to be your guide, too. Prepare some ghost stories, she loves it.

By staying in Kila, you will enjoy your time but also support Debjit's effort to increase life conditions for whole community.

Date of stay: October 2018
Oct 8, 2018
Thanks a lot Ilona for such good words. As hosts we greatly enjoyed your company. You left the room so neat and clean. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us. Best wishes from all three of us.
taradhara
Bastia, France
“Happy there”
Reviewed April 27, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

We were so happy to stay in your lovely palace you put so much heart to restaure it. We were sad not stay only 1 night but sure next time we 'll spend more time to enjoy your home, your delightful friendly attitude and so interesting places to visit around. Thank you so much Debjit. We manage a travel agency in France (Corsica) and we have happy to include your place in our itinerary in Orissa.

Date of stay: January 2018
May 15, 2018
Thanks so much Dhana and Corsica. It was a short but a wonderful meeting. We seriously look forward to strengthen our relationship and meeting you again for a long term friendship.
Best regards to both of you.
Michael G
Lagunitas, California
“Don’t Miss This Gem!”
Reviewed March 24, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

If you are looking for a wonderful and authentic experience off the beaten path, then Kila Dalijoda is the place for you. Staying there has been one of the highlights of my 2 months of travel in India. I stayed for 5 nights It is in a lovely and interesting rural area - serene atmosphere, rice fields, tribal villages, wild life sanctuary, as well as exotic and melodic bird songs of a diverse avian population. The rural roads (almost no cars) are great for exploring by bicycle, which are provided by the home stay.

Debjit and his wife Namrata are a joy. They are gracious hosts and genuinely nice people that make you feel right at home. Debjit is a wonderful guide that will help you discover fun and unique aspects of this part of Odisha..

Namrata will create some of the best Indian cuisine you will ever enjoy - local and family recipes you are unlikely to find elsewhere. Save some room for her out of this world deserts.

Date of stay: March 2018
Mar 25, 2018
Thanks a lot Michael. You are a gem of a person and we loved hosting you. You left a lasting impression of good feeling and our only call is to you come back with your wife and experience something new . Best regards.
Debjit n Namrata
Malkia
Amsterdam
“Beautiful and friendly place to stay”
Reviewed March 20, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I planned to stay 3 days in Kila Dalijoda, but stayed almost one week and still it was difficult to leave.

The place is so very pleaceful. A not so well known and very peaceful part of India.

My room on the top floor was very charming with a beautiful view from the terrace where I could practice my morning yoga.

Many thanks to Debjit, Namrata and Shrividya. Thanks to them my stay was wonderful. I went on a long cycling tour my first day and Debjit took me out on a walk in the forest my second day.

I was always welcome to use the bike, which I enjoyed a lot.

The food was amazing. Every time different dishes, always freshly made and as much as possible from their own garden. Together with the food I had in Wayanad, the best food on my Indian trip.

I wanted to take the chef home but at least I got new inspirating for my cooking at home.

Hopefully I will be able to return again in the (near) future.

Date of stay: February 2018
Mar 23, 2018
Thanks so much Lisette. We loved your presence as much and want you to come back for some more interesting outdoors. Best wishes
Gargoyle1...
India
“Idyllic; beautiful; comfortable; and with healthy, lip-smacking food!”
Reviewed March 17, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This is perfect for people experiencing the burnt-out of urban living. We (my aunt, uncle, and I) wanted to cherish our time together with long walks and conversations in the lap of nature. But, we were in no mood for roughing it out. Kila Dalijoda was an ideal get away. Great hosts, great food, and an old hunting lodge—it couldn't have been better. Also, I did manage to keep my new year's resolution of exercising by cycling for 5K on the 1st of Jan ;)

Date of stay: December 2017
Mar 23, 2018
Thanks Shweta for your beautiful reviews. It was a pleasure meeting you and Mr.& Mrs. Pani. I am intouch with him. And we are ready with something new so come again to enjoy some more outdoors. Best wishes.
Debjit
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing