“Terrible in almost all aspects.”
Review of Hotel Excellency

Hotel Excellency
Ranked #28 of 58 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
“Terrible in almost all aspects.”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I along with my 6 friends stayed there for one day.They welcomed us with almost one hour of waiting at main gate on road.When we shouted and asked for such behaviour they simply told that there is security issues.Anyways we entered in hotel without any security check. The erogent behavior of staffs added fuel into the fire.Room Service was also never up to the mark.

I will never suggest anyone to stay in this hotel until you don't have any other option.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank SarojKumar1703

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Durgapur, India
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had booking in these hotel and reached there at 5 AM . Gates of hotel were closed, nd no security guard was there , we waited outside the hotel for half hour and then the security came and then only one of them was let in for verification and it continued for anthr half an hour. Nd services provided were teribble. No proper clean arrangement done for complimentry brkfst buffet. items kept open and flies around it.Room was kind of ok. But am suggesting not to book this hotel. u wil be frustrated

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Ariff k

Travelers are raving about these Bhubaneswar hotels

Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Its a very good property very near to Bhubaneswar Hotel with decent rooms. Rooms are equipped with good amenity like AC, Fridge, good bathrooms fittings etc. really a nice experience to visit this hotel. I recommend it for new visitors.

Room Tip: go for top floor station facing rooms for better view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Animesh M
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is really horrible,they don't have any knowledge how to deal with the customer and their room tariff is very high according to its service.Very poor service ,their staffs are not friendly and very rude behavior.There is no free WiFi and when i pay for it then the internet is not running.very bad experience in this hotel.

Room Tip: Nothing To say Good,its Really Horrible
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
10 Thank akarkesav
Pondicherry, India
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We didn't choose this hotel which was part of a tourist pack. Though the rooms looked OK, 1) there was a cockroach in the bathroom, 2) there was a power cut twice just in our room. This is not the worse, the service is. Since there was no free Wifi in the rooms, I tried to ask a lady receptionist if there was a computer that I could use to do the web checkin for the flight I was taking that very day. She was positively rude, not once but twice, by refusing to answer properly. It's not finished. The best was yet to come: I checked out at 8:00 am, but had to hang around in the hotel, first for my breakfast and then waiting for the taxi till around 9:am. All the time everyone in the lobby saw we were there. Three and half hours later, while I was waiting to board my flight I received a call from one of the receptionists asking me if and when I had checked out! She sounded positively outraged at my apparently having left without checking out, that too when I had to pay for the extra things I had used (which I hadn't)!! Never had such a bad experience at a hotel ever! Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank sug_fr
Mumbai
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am truly glad to stay in this hotel. It was my first visit to Bhubaneswar and to ODISHA and this hotel really made me feel comfortable. I was on a business trip from 20th to 22nd May 2013 and i would rate this as a great business hotel.

Hotel staff was good and friendly. Front desk manager (Mr. Partho) was very kind and helpful.

I would stronlgy recommend this hotel for business as well as leisure travel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank heman_ajmera
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have never been more insulted in my life at a hotel. The food is horrible and after I got sick after having the hotel food, I thought it would be safer to order food from outside. The hotel reception person did not allow the outside food to come in even though I explained on how I got sick after having their food. Ultimately, I had to eat on the stairs outside the hotel lobby and even that was not agreeable to the management. They insisted I go on the streets and have my dinner if I wanted to. I have travelled quite a lot and I find this to be unacceptable.

• Stayed June 2013