“Horrible Hotel Excellency”
Review of Hotel Excellency

Hotel Excellency
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is really horrible,they don't have any knowledge how to deal with the customer and their room tariff is very high according to its service.Very poor service ,their staffs are not friendly and very rude behavior.There is no free WiFi and when i pay for it then the internet is not running.very bad experience in this hotel.

Room Tip: Nothing To say Good,its Really Horrible
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
10  Thank akarkesav

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We didn't choose this hotel which was part of a tourist pack. Though the rooms looked OK, 1) there was a cockroach in the bathroom, 2) there was a power cut twice just in our room. This is not the worse, the service is. Since there was no free Wifi in the rooms, I tried to ask a lady receptionist if there was a computer that I could use to do the web checkin for the flight I was taking that very day. She was positively rude, not once but twice, by refusing to answer properly. It's not finished. The best was yet to come: I checked out at 8:00 am, but had to hang around in the hotel, first for my breakfast and then waiting for the taxi till around 9:am. All the time everyone in the lobby saw we were there. Three and half hours later, while I was waiting to board my flight I received a call from one of the receptionists asking me if and when I had checked out! She sounded positively outraged at my apparently having left without checking out, that too when I had to pay for the extra things I had used (which I hadn't)!! Never had such a bad experience at a hotel ever! Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank sug_fr
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am truly glad to stay in this hotel. It was my first visit to Bhubaneswar and to ODISHA and this hotel really made me feel comfortable. I was on a business trip from 20th to 22nd May 2013 and i would rate this as a great business hotel.

Hotel staff was good and friendly. Front desk manager (Mr. Partho) was very kind and helpful.

I would stronlgy recommend this hotel for business as well as leisure travel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank heman_ajmera
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have never been more insulted in my life at a hotel. The food is horrible and after I got sick after having the hotel food, I thought it would be safer to order food from outside. The hotel reception person did not allow the outside food to come in even though I explained on how I got sick after having their food. Ultimately, I had to eat on the stairs outside the hotel lobby and even that was not agreeable to the management. They insisted I go on the streets and have my dinner if I wanted to. I have travelled quite a lot and I find this to be unacceptable.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Harisons1
Reviewed May 29, 2013

By mistake our accommodation was arranged in this Hotel. It looks very big from outside.
But, if you expect good standard ,you will feel bad.
The corridor light was not glowing for all the 3 full days I was staying. Though I complained about this to almost all the Front Office staff and Mtce. Dept, Nothing happened. nor anyone bothered.
The Main Plug Point for TV in the Room was not with proper plug end. Bare / live Wires were just inserted in the Plug Holes.
In the Restaurant for the buffet in the morning the dishes were without any name plate. We were struggling to find out which one is vegetarian and which one is NV.
For Room service orders ,they were taking more than an hour every time.
They were not giving free WiFi (for the tariff they charge for the rooms)
Finally when I checked out the GM came to me asking for a Feed back. when I started venting out he moved away and escaped .
Pls, check your Bill carefully when you check out as they charge me for some items kept in the Room's Minibar, which I did not open at all. After extended arguments the reluctantly agreed to accept my version.

Room Tip: Find some other place.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank N G
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stay their for one night in Room 227, That night was horrible for us. LCD TV is not working, the mechanic tried to repair till 12.30 midnight in our room, Mini Fridge in the was locked, One split AC that was not working proper, we have to manage by fans, room service guys are not trained. Sorry but its true - no one to listen you - One great thing - the Lobby was excellent, road side prepared Foods... 24th April night was horrible for us in Hotel Excellency

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank sakti p
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for one night very recently. In my view this is one of the best business hotels of the city, centrally located with conveyance facilities right at the doorstep of the Hotel. Railway station is walking distance. The rooms are very good, toilets are clean and overall the space is very well kept. The gym and swimming pool are complimentary for guests, though wifi is chargeable. I was allowed for a free 30 min access of internet at the business centre of the Hotel. The receptionist offered me a good deal and it made the whole stay worthwhile. I would recommend this Hotel without a doubt. Anyone looking for mid-range option right in the heart of the city can try this option and i assure will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms located close to the railway platforms as there might be disturbance
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business