“Excellent Hotel @ good location”
Review of Hotel Excellency

Hotel Excellency
Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Mumbai
“Excellent Hotel @ good location”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am truly glad to stay in this hotel. It was my first visit to Bhubaneswar and to ODISHA and this hotel really made me feel comfortable. I was on a business trip from 20th to 22nd May 2013 and i would rate this as a great business hotel.

Hotel staff was good and friendly. Front desk manager (Mr. Partho) was very kind and helpful.

I would stronlgy recommend this hotel for business as well as leisure travel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank heman_ajmera

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have never been more insulted in my life at a hotel. The food is horrible and after I got sick after having the hotel food, I thought it would be safer to order food from outside. The hotel reception person did not allow the outside food to come in even though I explained on how I got sick after having their food. Ultimately, I had to eat on the stairs outside the hotel lobby and even that was not agreeable to the management. They insisted I go on the streets and have my dinner if I wanted to. I have travelled quite a lot and I find this to be unacceptable.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Harisons1

Travelers are raving about these Bhubaneswar hotels

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed May 29, 2013

By mistake our accommodation was arranged in this Hotel. It looks very big from outside.
But, if you expect good standard ,you will feel bad.
The corridor light was not glowing for all the 3 full days I was staying. Though I complained about this to almost all the Front Office staff and Mtce. Dept, Nothing happened. nor anyone bothered.
The Main Plug Point for TV in the Room was not with proper plug end. Bare / live Wires were just inserted in the Plug Holes.
In the Restaurant for the buffet in the morning the dishes were without any name plate. We were struggling to find out which one is vegetarian and which one is NV.
For Room service orders ,they were taking more than an hour every time.
They were not giving free WiFi (for the tariff they charge for the rooms)
Finally when I checked out the GM came to me asking for a Feed back. when I started venting out he moved away and escaped .
Pls, check your Bill carefully when you check out as they charge me for some items kept in the Room's Minibar, which I did not open at all. After extended arguments the reluctantly agreed to accept my version.

Room Tip: Find some other place.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank N G
Dhenkanal, India
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stay their for one night in Room 227, That night was horrible for us. LCD TV is not working, the mechanic tried to repair till 12.30 midnight in our room, Mini Fridge in the was locked, One split AC that was not working proper, we have to manage by fans, room service guys are not trained. Sorry but its true - no one to listen you - One great thing - the Lobby was excellent, road side prepared Foods... 24th April night was horrible for us in Hotel Excellency

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sakti p
Lucknow, India
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for one night very recently. In my view this is one of the best business hotels of the city, centrally located with conveyance facilities right at the doorstep of the Hotel. Railway station is walking distance. The rooms are very good, toilets are clean and overall the space is very well kept. The gym and swimming pool are complimentary for guests, though wifi is chargeable. I was allowed for a free 30 min access of internet at the business centre of the Hotel. The receptionist offered me a good deal and it made the whole stay worthwhile. I would recommend this Hotel without a doubt. Anyone looking for mid-range option right in the heart of the city can try this option and i assure will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms located close to the railway platforms as there might be disturbance
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SanjeevM68
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We booked this hotel online for same day stay. When we arrived at the hotel, the hotel took 30 minutes to find out about our reservation and it was a frustrating long wait at the lounge. the hotel was ok and a decent value for money. The room was as expected and the neighborhood, which was very important to us, was just fine. The room service was extremely slow. Overall, an above average stay but nothing memorable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RajivBanerjee
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed for 3 days. Excellent service, nice food but expensive ! Had a pleasant stay. They also have a travel desk & arrange cabs for travelling to konark, puri & chilika. Very close to railway station.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business