“Little rundown and not all that great for the price”

Hotel Hindusthan International
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Reviewed January 3, 2014

For the HHI standards this hotel was a disappointment. The property is big and located at a nice place, but guess needs better upkeep. The rooms are spacious but not maintained. Bathroom and fittings were pretty old and not very clean. Room again not so clean and paint etc were coming out. Even fresh bedsheets were not so clean. Could see stains on them.
Check in and check was smooth though. As I didn't spend much time in the hotel so couldn't experience much of their service. Staff was friendly though.
I would stil suggest that there are other hotels for the same price which are much better like Marionn.
Unless necessary this hotel can be avoided.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SwetankJ
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the bathroom cleanliness, stains on bedsheet and Ambience as well as decor of the room. We would like to emphasize that this is certainly not the way we want our valued patrons, such as yourself, to feel about us. We request you to kindly treat this in isolation and seek another opportunity to demonstrate our sincere commitment to providing outstanding service to our discerning customers such as yourself.

Please do write to me at gmbbsr@hindusthan.com whenever you plan to visit Bhubaneswar next and I will be glad to personally look after all the arrangements.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review. We look forward to welcome you back to your home in Bhubaneswar.

Thanking you once again and assuring you the best hospitality and services at all times.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night. The check-in process was smooth. The dinner buffet spread was very good and had a variety of items from Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisines. Room was quite comfortable, clean and spacious. The staffs gave good support and service during our official meeting and high tea was well organized.

A few points that the hotel needs to improve on:

The wash-basin in our room (314) had cracks in it, which was a little disappointing
The corridor and the area around the elevator on the ground floor looked a little shabby.
The common washrooms on ground floors are shabby and need renovation

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank debolina_banerjee
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the crack marks in Wash Basin, Corridors and Upkeep of Public Area Toilets. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

HHI is one of those hotels that ranks absolutely 3 out of 5. Has a few redeeming features but then too many downsides prevent it from reaching that magical rating of 4.

The hotel is situated bang in the middle of Bhubaneshwar. The staff are friendly and polite, the check in is extremely prompt and easy. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet has many decent options. The hotel also has a good restaurant and this makes dinner at the hotel a viable option.

What are the negatives? It simply does not live up to cleanliness standards! The tub was extremely rusty, the smell of mosquito repellant was overwhelming at times. The linen is not clean and many parts of the hotel that are dusty.

Stay here only if you are traveling on business, and your company gives you a good deal.

Room Tip: There are two wings. Ask for the newer wing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PrashanthV

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the the dust in the room, Pesticides smell and clean linen. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The HHI Bhubaneshwar is an average property at best. The rates are quite compared to the amenities provided and I would not rate this stay as value for money. I stayed only for 2 days instead of the scheduled 5 days and shifted to another hotel which cost around 60% of what HHI was charging me.
The hotel seemed to be rather popular with the local crowd for holding their functions as on both nights there was a lot of noise. Food is OK, but maintenance needs to improve.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BroadsideIndia

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the price factor and upkeepment as well as overall maintenance. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had stayed at HHI Bhubaneshwar as we though that we would have a good experience as we did at HHI Kolkata. We were in for a roll of disappointment. Not only was the food not up-to the mark, the rooms were not to our satisfaction. There was some function happening and it was very noisy and the floors were always slimy and sticky. The furniture was also dusty and curtains reeked of urine. We had subscribed to an internet prepaid card and that was also not working for most of the times in-spite of reassurances that it was the best network in the state. Room service was also pathetic and most of the times I had to walk all the way to the reception which was 100 meters away and put forward my grievance. The lighting was also not adequate and half the tv channels were also not working. We were so disappointed with the food that we had to hire a car for the entire day for the entire duration of our stay (3 nights) and had all our meals at the Mayfair restaurant

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan_Donald

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the overall service standards, food was not up to the standard of yours, Internet Connectivity and Ambience as well as decor of the room. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here for a night - luckily just one - the room had a weird smell and the wooden flooring was somewhat sticky, the linen was not clean. Was first given a room overlooking the restaurant but after speaking with the front desk they readily shifted me to another room.
The food was not bad though.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vikas S

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the room and linen cleanliness and Ambience as well as decor of the room. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Its a business hotel . it is situated near all the business places of bhubaneshwar. Staff is courteous. Nothing so great or bad about the hotel. Food is good , they have a discotheque in the hotel which. There is a swimming pool also but I think it was cleaned properly so did not dare to take a swim in it. Value for money type of hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Harmeshg

Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from The HHI, Bhubaneswar !!!

Thank you for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneshwar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards providing you the best services and we humbly note that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Your valued comments would surely help us to improve further in all aspects.

We sincerely hope that you will keep on patronizing our hotel and give us more opportunity to serve you in future..

Thanking you once again and assuring you the best hospitality and service at all times.

For The HHI Bhubaneshwar