“pleasant stay!!”

Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
“pleasant stay!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

we were given a room in the old wing .. that wasnt very good .. but the room was changed to the new wing on requesting immediately.. the new room was good .. clean .. and the food was very good .. value for money is very high ..the staff was very helpful.. i would reccomend the hotel to everyone and looking forward to stay at your hotel again ..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dutta_saurav
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this review, July 31, 2014

Warm Greetings from The HHI, Bhubaneswar !!!

Thank you for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneshwar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards providing you the best services and we humbly note that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Your valued comments would surely help us to improve further in all aspects.

Thanking you once again and assuring you the best hospitality and service at all times.

Sandeep Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Tinsukia, India
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for 7 Nights on a Family Vacation. I had not pre - reserved any hotel as it was an off season. I visited this hotel and was shown the Rooms & around by the Front Desk guy (I don't remember his name) and I was in a bit doubt whether we should checkin in this hotel. But the Guy was fabulous, he convinced me and hit on target. So i stayed in. The property is Very Good & a Central location. Movie Theaters Swoti, Sristi, ... are just next door. Every thing you might ask for in a vacation is just a few minutes walk (Dominos, Wills Lifestyle etc etc) About 20 mts from the airport and 10 mts from the railway station. We booked the Royal Suit for all the 7 days. The rooms were spacious and clean. (Our Rooms were 106, 110, 112 & 116). Although the Rooms didn't have a view but that didn't matter much to us.
The Rooms Service is a bit slow & The Housekeeping are also a bit slow - but they are very courteous and smiling that's why that makes up for the slow service.
The Restaurants are excellent. They had Kashmiri Food Festival when we were there... the food is simply awesome.... Food here is must have. Live music at the Bar & Restaurant area every evening.
The Breakfast spread here is a bit limited and repetitive. Sausages were not well cooked most of the time.
Pool is not child friendly and not maintained... as the depth is 4ft throughout. No floating accessories for the kids.
They have a Disco - Underground ... But i didn't get time to visit it.
Some rooms have Damp smell... so check the room before accepting. Rooms near the Lift & Stairs can be noisy at Night if you are taking room in the old block.
Overall a very good Hotel, perfect for any kind of traveller. If maintained properly... this can be the Best Hotel in Bhubaneshwar.

Room Tip: Ask for Discount on Booking!! Choose rooms in the middle and not the extreme ends!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank SaileshSarmah

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Its Good but I must say HHI Bhubaneswar is not doing justice to the brand,fame,luxury HHI at other places is carrying of. Lack of maintenance is showing everywhere. i heard that nearly 300 persons are working in shifts to maintain this hotel but still something is missing. Carpets in the corridor of Annex Building is stinking, needs immediate replacement.

Food - Excellent. Buffets are costly compared to other hotels but its lavish and splendid in taste.Nearly 8 different preparation of non-veg items gets served in but lunch & dinner buffet menus. Breakfast is also equally good.

HHI Bhubaneswar in totality has got everything to call itself a 4* except proper maintenance.

Room Tip: Executive Rooms - Claustrophobic, better to avoid. Club Royal - Better. Recommenced Colony Rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Your valued comments would surely help us to improve further in all aspects.

We sincerely hope that you will keep on patronizing our hotel and give us more opportunity to serve you in future..

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a pretty good property and if well-maintained, could have been city's pride. The old block is horrible. The new block (backside) is better place to stay. However, the corridor of the lounge below (crystal) is always full of bad odors all around. Rooms are spacious, comfortable. Toilets are good. However, again maintenance is an issue.
I love HHI food. Be it Ala Carte or buffete. It is value for money.
room service is very poor. That too if somebody stays in the rear block (Colony Room), add another 15-20 mins with the expected service period.
They call it 5 star, although the swimming pool is not useable. The health club is not popular.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank basab
HHIBBSR, General Manager at Hotel Hindusthan International, responded to this review, August 4, 2014

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the Overall Maintenance, Swimming Pool issues and Ambience as well as decor of the room. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Please do write to me at gmbbsr@hindusthan.com whenever you plan to visit Bhubaneswar next and I will be glad to personally look after all the arrangements.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review. We look forward to welcome you back to your home in Bhubaneswar.

Thanking you once again and assuring you the best hospitality and services at all times.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Rooms are clean and spacious. The air conditioner is quite strong. There was a mini-refrigerator in the room that I stayed in.

I loved the food here, be it the buffet breakfast or dinner buffet.

Well maintained overall. Clean, good lighting.

I went on business trips and stayed twice here. I will definitely stay here again whenever I go to Bhubaneswar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have booked a Club Royal room through a website. The hotel website has pictures of this category of room so I know what to expect. When I check in, I am taken to a room (uncomfortably perched a few steps above the level where the elevator opens) which is definitely not what is shown. I protest, and am taken to another room. This is also not a Club Royal room. I walk down to the reception and remonstrate with the staff. They finally allot a Club Royal room. I check in, and a little later draw the curtains. To discover that while my room has a view it is of the coffee shop a floor below! Until late at night, the clatter of cutlery keeps me awake. The room itself is adequately appointed, although the housekeeper has been quite cursory about emptying the waste paper bin. The bathroom is quite well sized, and the fittings are modern. The towels however are another story, limp with overuse and frayed at the edges. The redeeming feature of this hotel is the food they serve, which is quite good. Otherwise this has been a stay best forgotten in a hurry.

Room Tip: Based on my experience, I would say check the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank editorindisguise

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the location of the rooms, Bath Towels, Noise Problems and Ambience as well as decor of the room. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.

Sandeep Sharma

Travelers are raving about these Bhubaneswar hotels

Mumbai
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Almost like a neglected property. There are several other hotels that are almost 1000 cheaper and are much better quality. Food, where they could have done better was also terrible.
Rooms are dirty, unkempt, with several cracks in the tiles, and other amenities.

Room Tip: Well, rooms are not so great. So no need to choose a great room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Reddyrs

Warm Greetings From The HHI, Bhubaneswar!!!

Thank you so much for having chosen The HHI for your stay in Bhubaneswar. Our sincere efforts have always been towards making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I understand that this time your stay was not up to your expectations because of the Crack Marks in tiles, Infrastructure of the hotel and Ambience as well as decor of the room. I honor your valuable suggestion & apologies for the inconvenience casued this time. I am sure the whole team at The HHI will ensure that the same doesn't happen in all further stay and whenever you come next time would be highly satisfied with our personalized services.