“Wonderful!”

The Centurion Hotel
Ranked #57 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I think this is a newly opened hotel - it has the air of freshness and novelty. The best thing I liked here is their restaurants which are simply wonderful. I being a foodie was a perfect guest for them to treat! No they actually did not treat but did shower me with their extensive knowledge about gourmet food! The room was nice and service was friendly and polite.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Liked Ambiance, Clean Environment however parking space is limited. Service is courteous. Definitely Recommended.

Room Tip: Try rooms above 2nd floor for good view.
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I had a very bad experience from your front office staff. His approach was very negative and when ever I asked some assistance, the reply was no. I am not saying that you would provide all the assistance what I required. At least make an attempt . I requested for a Taxi service and requested for a spilt-up bill ...etc.. While checking-out I had informed him to prepare my bill ready and was not done. On top of it, he had some issue and it was getting delayed. Then I had to raise my voice to get it sorted-out. Usualy I am very friendly and like to deal poiltely. But he made me to loose my temper.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Pathetic food is the first thing I noted. Breakfast buffet is almost a gimmick. No decent spread of food at all. Dal dries up much before you get it delivered at the room. Pathetic front office staff who have no clue why are they in there in the first place. Go there if you really have no other choice! otherwise plan for some other stay..

Reviewed December 27, 2011

06 Dec - 07 Dec, 2011.
I stayed at Hotel Centurion on an official trip to The college of
Engineering, Pune. This hotel at Shivaji Nagar is very close to
the College, and suited me fine. This was my second stay in the
hotel in a period of about a year, and the service continues to
be very good. The water falling over the glass surface is a
prominnet feature at the entrance. the room was big in size, and
was well-lit. It had a nice view of the street in front, through
some very large windows. The air conditioning was fine. The bed
and pillows were nice and soft. The package included high-speed
wireless Internet access for 24 hours, which suited me fine. The
hotle had complimentary breakfast at the ground floor restaurant,
which was reasonable in terms of both quality and quantity. Lots
of healthy options, in additional to traditional items as well.
I had dinner at the hotel the night I arrived - this was
not bad, but nothing too special. The bathroom was nice,
well-stocked, and clean.
The check-out time is 3pm. Since my flight was the Air India AI
850 to Delhi, I checked out, and waited at the lounge for my
vehicle to arrive. Overall, it was a very nice experience, much
reminiscent of my previous stay at the same hotel in late
December 2010.

Room Tip: All seem to be good - I have stayed here before.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed there for three nights in early February. We encountered pathetic service and staff. At each customer touch point they goofed up. We had booked a triple room three weeks in advance. Upon check in at 1 pm, we found that the room was only configured for two people. We then came back to reception and requested them - everyone said yes yes it will be ready in 20 minutes. We went out and returned tired and sleepy in the night. The door key did not work - we were locked out.
It took 15 minutes to get into our room.- lo and behold NO third bed, no third linen set, no third towels, no third cup/glass/toiletry ! Most of the minibar items missing from the minibar.

After complaining fiercely to reception and the floor staff it took them one hour to put in one bed and give us one extra set of linen and towels.
Their gate security staff are also clueless - every day we would waste time waiting for our transport because the gate security does not know if the car has arrived or not. The hotel has a tiny basement parking with the exit permanently blocked with parked cars.
The only thing good about the hotel is the central , heart of the city location opposite ALL INDIA RADIO.
Breakfast items were all cold on all days because no one lighted the burners under the trays. Quite pricey for the poor value they provide. Go there at your own risk.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I have been traveling to Pune for the last 2 years for Business and have stayed at various hotels. From all the places that i have stayed till now Quality Hotel, D P Road, Pune has by far proved to the best in terms of staying comfort, quality of food, hygiene and hospitality.
The staff be it back office, room service or house keeping is very courteous and services are prompt. The restaurants offers a very traditional mugalai cuisine with best of veg and non veg kebabs. The pub has good music if you are really looking for a young hang out joint then its not the place.
Overall, if you are looking for a very hospitable experience in a economy budget, quality hotel is the place to be in...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business