We booked in here for 3 nights as my husband had to work in Pune for a few days. Upon arrival it was clear that all was not well, as the front of the hotel was boarded up! You now enter around the side of the hotel as there are serious renovation works going on. The driver who picked us up from the airport gave us our room key in the car, and we went straight to our room with no need to go to reception. The work on the hotel was being carried out during the day, which made our room quite noisy at times (which was annoying when trying to watch TV) but if you are visiting on business and will be out during the day, it shouldn’t interfere with your visit too much.
The room was fairly spacious, with a mini-bar, flat screen television and DVD player and comfortable bed. The bathroom had a very large walk-in shower and a good selection of toiletries. We had some laundry done at the hotel and this was fairly cheap.
The hotel had three restaurants, of which we ate in two. The best of these was the Indian restaurant, Mystic Masala, where the food and the service were both excellent and faultless. On the second night that we ate there, there was a live Indian band, which was more like background music and gave a great atmosphere.
We also ate in the café-style restaurant which service Italian cuisine. This was not a good experience! The food was not very appealing, but what I found worse was the constant staring of the male staff. This was a problem generally in India, where my white and freckled skin seemed to be a source of fascination, but I really do not expect to have to deal with that in a hotel restaurant. When I ate there alone while my husband was at work, it put me off my dinner and I just wanted to leave as soon as possible.
Also disappointing was the location of the pool…right in front of the restaurant with the staring waiters…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the space that's right in the heart of Pune's business and entertainment areas. Just 5 km from the airport and 2 km from the nearest railway station. Drive in the Vivanta by Taj car delighting in backseat surprises (we're not revealing here). On arrival check out the soaring glass, fan shaped entry canopy cantilevered 25 feet above a sparkling new water feature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Blue Diamond, Pune Hotel Pune
- Taj Blue Diamond Pune
- Taj Blue Diamond Hotel Pune