“Great staff, excellent service!”

Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond
Ranked #14 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The rooms are well appointed, the staff extremely friendly and courteous. My only peeve, the suite we had booked was supposed to be a 'non smoking' one, but were allotted one in the 'smoking' zone. Luckily it didn't smell and, though close to the main road, there was no disturbance from the noise of the traffic.
The food was delicious, and the breakfast spread sumptuous!
We stayed there through the Diwali holidays, 2/11 through 5/11/2013

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are better. If you are not a smoker, make sure you get a 'non smoking' roo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been staying at this Hotel since 1977 and through the last 35 years have seen this hotel transform itself to a professional establishment ..... a worthy member of the Taj Group.

The facilities in the rooms have been upgraded and are matched by the excellent hospitality that one associates with the Taj Group. The staff appear to be very well motivated and do all they can to make your stay comfortable.

The location, just 20 minutes from the airport at peak traffic hours, is another reason for staying in this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors overlooking the pool
1  Thank Debu H
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is my 2nd visit to this hotel. I forgot to put a review the first time. But good in all ways. Nice comfortable rooms, good breakfast. Very good location. Really a nice old hotel but well maintained. Am travelling again to Pune in a few months, will stay here.. Good location and well priced for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BluediamondPune, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune and taking the time to write an honest review of your stay with us.

I am glad to know that our product and services exceeded your expectations.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is small compared to other Taj hotels and it is more suited for business trip rather than leisure. Location is very good with lots of eateries, (and German Bakery) within walking distance. Breakfast was exceptionally good and lavish. I had a very pleasant stay here with my husband and in-laws.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune and taking the time to write an honest review of your stay.

I am delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. It gives us a pleasure to know that you relished the breakfast spread and the services rendered by our associates.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond when you visit Pune.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

It was a treat to stay at the Taj Blue Diamond property in the Peshwa City. It is very much in the heart of the city and has exceptional facilities when it comes to service. It has a well equipped business centre and all the required amenities to facilitate especially if you are on an official visit. The hotel offers a great spread for breakfast which one shouldn’t miss and the food variety is definetly worth appreciation. Taj Blue Diamond is a perfect destination hotel for an official trip , which is coupled with exotic food and facilities for relaxation!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to appreciate that you chose to stay at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune during your visit to Pune. I thank you for taking the time out to write a review and appreciating our product and services.

We are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your words of appreciation are being conveyed to the team members of the hotel for the services rendered by them and this will surely keep them highly motivated. It gives us a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread and the services rendered by our associates.

We remain committed to deliver an exceptional service.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I am going back to Taj Blue diamond Pune after more than 10 years. they did lot of renovation and improved the lobby. But rooms standard is not matching Taj Krishna Hyderabad or Taj Surya Coimbatore. Comparable with Taj Gateway Calicut. Service at front desk is good but can be faster. I had dinner and break fast at coffee shop. Excellent service (with a smile) and Excellent food. Buffet spread was also very good.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I came here for business, stayed a day. Its a small hotel for taj standards, very well maintained. Rooms were nice, sufficient enough for business stay. Clean and efficient . I like the location of this hotel, close to my favourite koregaon park with its wide array of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that your experience at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune was a cherished one. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and appreciating our product and services and location.

It gives me a pleasure that you had a comfortable stay with us. Your comments are being shared with the team for the services rendered by them.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm regards