“Brilliant service and experience”

Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond
Ranked #13 of 220 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My team and I used the Taj Vivanta hotel for 3 days. We had clients coming over and we needed a nice place to meet and entertain the client.

The staff bent over backwards to cater to all our requirements as far as setting up the meeting room, food and stay was concerned. I was very happy with the service as we never heard a NO from the Taj people during our stay there.

Would not stay anywhere else in Pune...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BluediamondPune, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your stay experience at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune through Trip Advisor.

We are glad that you and your guests had a pleasant stay at our hotel and enjoyed our services. Your kind words will motivate the team to further

Once again, thank you for the review and look forward to serving you on your next trip to Pune.

There are newer reviews for Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for 1 night, right in the heart of the city, convenient to travel in any part of the city. Was a quick express check-in. The rooms gave an old world charm. Was a decent sized room which clean, comfortable and well equipped with mini-bar, fruits, bath robe etc. breakfast was well spread with sumptuous Indian menu. Will visit again when back. A small Ganesh idol was given at the time of check-out which I think was thoughtful.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
BluediamondPune, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
I thank you for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond during your visit to Pune and thank you for taking the time out to share with us your review on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your words of appreciation will keep the team highly motivated.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond on your next visit to Pune and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in Pune for a scientific workshop and decided to stay a day extra to see the city and relax before heading home to the cold of Scotland. I hadn't booked a hotel for the Friday and Saturday nights so my hosts at the workshop suggested the Blue Diamond and I have to say it was fabulous. I believe it has been refurbished recently and they've done a very good job. My room was on the second floor, it was spotless and nice and roomy. The doubled headed shower was excellent. The only problem I had in the room was with the reading light switch being incorrectly wired so it would only switch on and off when the rest of the lights were on (not much use). I've told them about it so I'm sure it will be rectified soon. I slept very well as the bed was comfortable and the windows blocked the traffic noise very well. There is a charge for wireless (which seems common in India, even at high class hotels) but it worked well and I have access everywhere I went in the hotel.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming in all areas. I ate at the chinese restaurant one evening and the food was excellent, nicely cooked and presented - very genuine from my experience as well (some chinese guests were dining there at the same time and they seemed very happy). The breakfast buffet was excellent as well, with a great range on offer, you could also a have items cooked on request.

The pool is adjacent to the restaurant that serves breakfast and is very nice, a small fruit platter and water are provided while you relax on the loungers. I spent my last morning there before a late check-out for my flight home. There are mature palm trees around the pool which shade the seating area making it very pleasant to relax on the loungers after a dip in the water. Although the hotel is in an area busy with road traffic noise was not excessive outdoors, possible due to the building shielding the pool area and the mature vegetation surrounding it.

Its location is good in the Koregaon Park area, close to the Osho Ashram, it seems quite safe and near to the city centre.

Overall it's a great hotel and appeared well managed, I'd recommend it for business or tourism.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
BluediamondPune, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that your experience at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune was a cherished one.

I would like to appreciate that you chose to stay at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond during your visit to Pune. Thank you for taking the time out to share with us your review on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to know that you were comfortable during your stay with us and appreciated the breakfast, meal experience at Whispering Bamboo and the service at the pool.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Taj Hotels has a great job in refurbishing the good old iconic hotel Blue Diamond. It has a fabulous Koregaon Park location. Right next to Osho Ashram.

I experienced one of the best check-in even though I reached the hotel around midnight.

The lobby is contemporary & international looking.

The rooms now have a nice modern look. Comfortable and chic. The Warli paintingslook cool. The LCD tv size could have been bigger.

The gym is located at the rear of the hotel. It has a good number of machines.

The breakfast spread was outstanding. Very good service. Food quality was very good.

Overall, though a short one, I had a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and your appreciation of the product and services.
We are delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. Your description about the rooms & room accessories is highly appreciation. It gives us a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel very recently, along with my family... We were on a leisure trip to this hotel over last weekend, though Blue Diamond is tagged as a Business Hotel... In the past 4-5 years, we have had family vacation at over dozens of hotels of similar pedigree, at different cities. At the end of our stay, my wife & kids told me that this is the best hotel stay that they have ever experienced. This feel is magnified by the kind of services we experienced and the personal attention extended to us. Kids had a good fun with every member of the hotel showing the warmth and surprises to the kids, while we enjoyed the warmth of kind and niceties by hotel staff.

The front-desk, housekeeping were very responsive and quick in responding to, on ask. No hassles and no discomfort at all.

I would specifically call out the excellent services extended in the Spa/Swimming and Latitude Restaurant.

The experience was so touching, we are already planning our next trip to Pune and a hotel stay here. If you are choosing this hotel for your stay, feel comforted that you have taken the best choice. This has been a very memorable experience for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you and your family appreciated the service at Latitude and the Swimming pool and the children felt happy with the surprises during their stay. Your words of appreciation will keep the team highly motivated. Do let us know if you would like us to update any other preferences in your profile.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my first trip to this hotel . Hotel is in the main koregaon are , just an arm distance away from Rajneesh Ashram. They have a DVD player in room and supported with nice sound system.Experience of in room service was very good . Breakfast serve in morning has a good range / varieties .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune! We thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to receive your feedback and to know that you had a comfortable stay with us.

Your generous feedback is very encouraging and will inspire the team to strive harder for excellence.

We trust the Vivanta charm will attract you again soon and it will be our pleasure to delight you.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during a business trip to Pune. Was surprised that the warm Taj hospitality was extended at this budget Taj hotel as well. The rooms were nice & had a DVD player with surround sound system. This was a nice touch since it enabled me to listen to my newly purchased CDs. The gym is decent, although small. However the person managing it was very helpful, got towels for me & also stayed for a few moments to see if I needed any help with the machines. We had one dinner in the restaurant downstairs & the food was good. The breakfast spread included some nice Maharashtrian items that tasted so authentic that I called the chef out and complimented him. We paid around USD 125 per night at this hotel & this was excellent value for money.
The hotel is centrally located in the heart of Koregaon Park in Pune and the railway station, airport, shopping & other amenities are within easy reach.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your words of appreciation keep the team highly motivated.

We would like to inform you that our new gym work is in progress and expected to be completed by end of the month. Once the work is completed the area will be more spacious with state-of-art equipment. You will be able to experience the same during your next visit.