“BLUE DIAMOND PUNE” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 221 Hotels in Pune
HAUZ KHAS
“BLUE DIAMOND PUNE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

It is a very good property with good rooms and in good ambience but the food servied is a challange as it is bland and has no taste but thier Maharashtarian Resturant served good food but the latitude resturant servide really bad food both at dinner and at Breakfast.

Room Tip: rooms facing the road are good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BluediamondPune, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to appreciate that you chose to stay at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune during your visit to Pune. I thank you for taking the time to share an honest review of the hotel.

It is our endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves our hotel as an ambassador of our product and services offered.

With reference to your feedback about the food, I assure you that the corrective measures have been taken up and we look forward to welcome you back to Pune for a renewing experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond on your next visit to Pune and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Surinder Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Wokingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for only one night whilst on business in Pune and must say it was one of the best stay I have every had. The room was amazing and very comfortable, clean and great. I could not believe the room had surround sound and also a DVD player.

Tried the gym in the morning which was small but well equipped and clean.

Did not have time for breakfast and the staff packed me coffe and breakfast, which was great.

If you aare every in Une this is the hotel you need to pick you cannot go wrong.

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj – Blue Diamond, Pune!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and your appreciation of the product and services.

We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We value your feedback on the fitness centre. However, would like to inform you that we are in the process of renovating our Salon/Fitness Centre/Spa. The work is in progress and once the renovation is completed the area will be more spacious with state-of-art equipment.

Nashik, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel is good, rooms and amenities are good. Not lavish but ideal for a night /two. Restaurants (Three) are good, specially the Indian one. Buffet BF, Lunch & dinners are good. Good employee retention (sometime, you like to see the known faces), saloon is good and friendly . SPA services are good, experienced & relaxing.

It has got everything but since it's in the center of the city, it's not a travel retreat. Its a business class hotel. Ok, after all it's my personal view.

Price wise a little bit costly than others nearby, but anyway with TAJ brand it's ok. One more thing the occupancy level is pretty high, so book early and negotiate hard.

Room Tip: May ask for pool view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune!

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond on Trip Advisor.

It gives me a pleasure to note that you had a memorable stay with us. Your appreciation of the Indian food served at Mystic Masala and other restaurants, and our services motivates us in our endeavour to create delight for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond on your next visit to Pune and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular visitor to the Taj and would give it an excellent recommendation. The rooms are clean, the restaurants are first class and the customer service excellent. There is a nice bar / lounge area where it is good to chill out at the end if a long hot day.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune!

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you had a comfortable stay with us and found the services to your expectations. Your appreciation of our services motivates us in our endeavour to create delight for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Taj Blue Diamond on business. Overall it was a pleasant stay. Rooms were nice standard size. The restaurant had good variety. The staff seemed friendly enough. Having said that, it could have been a hotel in any number of chains, Westin, Marriot etc. Having also visited the Taj West End in Bangalore, I was expected a little more. The Service and Staff at the Taj West went out of their way to reflect the Taj brand in everything they did. I didn't feel that in the Blue Diamond. So, overall it was a good stay but not great.

Room Tip: The resort view was nothing special. I think the pool view would have been better.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BluediamondPune, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Blue Diamond, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune.

We thank you for your feedback which helped us understand the areas wherein we could not meet your requirements. We sincerely apologize for our associates not delivering the services to your expectations. We would like to assure you that we have addressed the issues with the seriousness that it deserves.

Once again we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback which would help us improve and perform better.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am a very frequent visitor of Taj blue diamond and have undoubtedly experience consistent excellent service through most of my visits. Starting from the Doorman to the Various staff walking around in their colourful uniforms, it seems like a grateful pleasant smile is also one of their Dress Codes.

They seem to have some excellent Leadership especially in the form of their F&B head - a quite but polite gentleman, I believe by the name of Mr. Ratnawat. There is always a variety in their food selection and a very warm vibrance in their service. People seem to genuinely care about customers and are most eager to customise food to suit your palate on special request.

The Hotel and all of its restaurants have my ingrained loyalty and some really great memories to cherish.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune!

It is heartening to know that that you enjoyed your stay with us and services and facilities offered were to your satisfaction. We thank you for your kind motivating words of appreciation which has been shared with concerned associates.

The entire team at the hotel is happy to note that you had a memorable experience.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

My 1st first time in India & first time in Pune. I stayed here for 2 weeks on business.

The staff tried there best & were always very helpful, attentive & alert. Three people helped me check in which was a first. I stayed on the 5th floor.

I ate lunch everyday in the 24 hr restaurant, Latitude. I found the staff there excellent.

Ganesh, Aviv & Charles were all great guys with great attitudes and very well trained. Ganesh knew my name & I never told him. If you eat at the buffet you will put on alot of weight. The quality of food, cleanliness and standard of service was excellent.
Not even a speck of dirt on the glass windows.
They always poured the milk into my coffee for me which I don't like but I trained them over 2 weeks to let me do it :). I tried all the Indian food available, including chicken, lamb, prawn dishes, fruit and salad and it was all superb!
Unfortunately I did not get a chance to try the Mystic Masala restaurant.
Breakfast was included in my room rate but I only got to try it once due to working hours. It was good.

I did not finish work until midnight so had a late dinner in the hotel restaurant at 1am which was good, or sometimes had room service at this hour, the room service food was limited as the Tandoor was closed and I could not order beer at this time. I guess it may be unusual to order food at this time of night! Although the last time I ordered room service he could give me beer so a change from the first time!

The room was good & well cleaned. The furniture was old, worn and the carpet under the bed was a bit dirty. Overall it was comfy enough.
The double head shower was amazing! and the soap!
How fair is it to compare directly to Western standards I'm not so sure, when you go out on the streets the poverty is terrible.

Having to pay extra for the WiFi was unusual & was expensive.

There was a smell of oil in the lobby & lift area but I think this was the chemicals to kill the mosquito's? or else material to clean the marble? They had devices plugged into walls for mosquito's that contained liquid/oil.

The women seemed to have better English than the men. Sometimes when I asked at reception for help they got a shock & looked at me blank.

On check out I had to wait 15 minutes before I could pay, was strange, the system was down for an audit apparently!?!
Alot of receipts & paperwork in India. I have never been to a hotel with airport security at the door! but alot of hotels there have it so it's common.

A bit surprised one night during dinner, after being introduced to the GM, and then been given the bill straight after without asking for it, as if they were trying to get rid of me to get more people in. He gave me his business card, think he was expecting mine but I don't have one.

The mini bar system is strange and needs to be changed.
The people who re-stock the bar and update your bill, will not do this unless you are in your room and as I was working late and they came early in the morning so I never met them. This should be like the room service where they automatically go into your room and restock the bar and update your bill without me having to chase them!!

The guy who cleaned my room never put my iron & board away, he did everything else including throw my news papers away which I didn't want! Unless something is in the bin do not throw it away. He was a very nice guy though.

Apparently the hotel transfer was included in my business cost that was already paid for but I had to pay again on exit.

They should not print "pint" or "liquor" on the bill when all I ever drank was 330ml bottle of beer! My boss may get the wrong impression.
Overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor and it was good.
1 Thank Declan2013