1,336 results
All reviewsle meridienfeast restaurantrailway stationtrain noiserooftop restaurantbusiness tripbeautiful hotelindian foodgreat hospitalitykeep up the good workexcellent stayspecial thanksstar hotelamazing experiencethe heart of the cityspecial mentionpleasant stay
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed for a night on a business trip. On check in I was not given key for the bar and had to ask for it. Basic toiletries like dental and shaving kit which is standard even in four star hotels in India were missing as were other essentails shoe shine and ironing provision. On the positive side had a tastefully done room with double glazed windows which ensured a quiet nights rest inspite of the room being situated on the main road and opposite the railway station. The quality of the linen, pillows were best in class. Some bathroom fittings were dated.
While there was no dearth of staff at the lobby, coffee shop what lacked was warmth and basic courtesy -. for example at the coffee shop on two occasions i had to step aside to give way to waiters where space was limited rather than waiters stepping aside for the guest.
At check in i was asked for my business card and later got a mail informing me that i was a part of starwood program which was neither requested for nor was i informed that i was being enrolled.Last thing one needs is office mail to get clogged with loyalty program mails from myriad hotel chains one stays in.

Room Tip: Even road facing rooms will be quiet due to double glazed windows
1  Thank Gurgaonite
LeMeridienHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage and also for providing us with your detailed stay experience.

It feels great to know that you were impressed with our rooms, cleanliness as well as other furnishings. We are, however, disappointed to learn that your stay experience with us was less than perfect and you had to face certain inconveniences during the course of your stay. We are also disheartened to learn that you had to undergo certain hassles during the check-in procedure.

Your feedback is important as it helps us to make improvements in our products and services.

We hope that this one off incident will not put you off and that we would have another chance to host you.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Last week I returned to Le Meridien Pune for my second stay. I have nothing but praise for the hotel. The food in both the main and rooftop restaurants was varied, tasty and well prepared. The staff in all areas of the hotel were friendly and helpful. Whilst the hotel is not new, it is well mantained and scrupulously clean. The room I had was on the 5th floor and was spacious and comfortable. I was picked up from the airport by a hotel car and whisked through the check in procedure in a matter of minutes.The hotel is well located for the city centre and the railway station. Despite this, or perhaps becuse of good soundproofing, the adjacent station does not sisturb - the train noise is not at al noticeable in the bedrooms. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front appear to have the very best soundproofing.
1  Thank James B

Dear James,

We would like to thank you for sharing your affirmative feedback here on TripAdvisor and for choosing Le Meridien Pune for your continued patronage.

Being one of best luxury hotels in the city, we constantly strive to maintain the benchmark of world-class hospitality the Le Meridien brand is distinguished for. It pleases us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to meet your expectations in all aspects.

We look forward to welcoming you again whenever you choose to visit the beautiful city of Pune in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been coming to this hotel a few times every year for the past 9 years and my experiences have largely been excellent. Service is pretty quick when checking in/out and the rooms and beds are in good condition despite the relative age of the hotel. The rooftop restaurant is excellent quality. One request, please keep the beers on ice on the 5th floor bar! Also, the "security" on the front door is almost meaningless, everyone beeps but no one is ever checked that I've seen. More for show than effect.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott S

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your continued patronage and also for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor.

We, at le Meridien Pune, believe that the essence of great hospitality lies on impeccable guest services and guest aid and assistance and it pleases us to know that your stay was full of positive experiences.

Once again, it is heartening to read your kind feedback and we are looking forward to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have been a regular guest of this Hotel since over 10 years but the recent experience of booking through the net was disappointing as I ended up spending more than actually saving - which was promised on the net:( I booked on a no cash refund offer @ 6000 per room but it was not mentioned that this did not include breakfast. The offer with breakfast was given @ 6500/- per night but there was no mention that @ 6000/- there would be no breakfast.
Further the condition of booking @ 6000/- was 100% cancellation charges but with the 6500/- offer this condition was not indicated. Since I was certain to make this trip, I paid @ 6000/- in advance as I expected a saving of Rs. 500 on the breakfast but to my surprise when I checked out I was charged Rs 578/- for breakfast for each day of my stay + taxes which was spread over 4 room nights.
I am still trying to understand where was the saving in choosing @ 6000/- when I actually risked losing the entire advance payment had I cancelled my trip?
Extremely disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!! but suggest the Hotel to be cleverer in Marketing their room rates as one would expect a saving of at least a breakfast if one were to risk a 100% cancellation charges in the event of no show:((

Room Tip: Great place to stay but be sure of what you pay through the internet and check out the offers carefully so that there are no hidden charges

Dear Praveen

We would like to thank you for your continued patronage of Le Méridien Pune over the past decade.

We regret that because of certain misunderstandings on online booking portal you had to suffer inconveniences. This incident will be investigated with a high priority internally and we would like to ensure you that all the necessary steps will be taken to avoid similar events in future. We are grateful to you for bringing this to our attention.

We sincerely hope that this one off episode will not put you off our brand and property and that we will have more opportunities to be your host in Pune.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel provides a glimpse of the ethnic india by means of ethnic architecture. Placed at the center of city, near railway station, Le Meridien is best to stay as all the places are at equal distance.
The swimming pool is located at the top, which provides a rejuvenation to the body. The in-house gym is excellent and the Disc inside Le Meridien, SCREAM is one of the popular disc in the city. The staff is good as well.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay at le meridien.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east are more quiter and can provide a good view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Pulkit

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Pune in January during a business trip.

As you have mentioned, our strategic location close to the airport as well as the railway station, makes us one of the most ideal business hotels in Pune. We are pleased that it proved to be convenient for you. It is also great to know that you enjoyed the amenities such as our rooftop swimming pool, fitness centre as well as our presentation and ambience. Moreover, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at SCREAM, which certainly is one of the most premier & sought after nightclubs in Pune.

Your appreciation has definitely left our associates feeling very encouraged and we are looking forward to welcome you to our city once again.