1,338 results
All reviewsle meridienfeast restaurantrailway stationtrain noiserooftop restaurantbusiness tripbeautiful hotelindian foodgreat hospitalitykeep up the good workexcellent stayspecial thanksstar hotelamazing experiencethe heart of the cityspecial mentionpleasant stay
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Beautiful hotel. I felt like royalty. Great buffet breakfast. Front desk staff was very helpful, especially Nitin.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stayed here as were travelling to a temple near pune.
- Check in process was good
- Overall rooms are service is good.
- We ate in the rooftop restaurant, Again food was superb.
- Checked out in the morning , The morning breakfast was good.
- Check out process was hassle free.

Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Take the higher floors to have a good city view.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days at the end of Jan.

I'd never been to India before and understand that the hotels are all generally lovely. This one is no exception.

It's done out in an old Raj style decor which I thought looked great.

The staff were beyond reproach and made you feel welcome the moment you get out of the car outside. They almost trip over themselves to be gratious and helpful.

The rooms are well appointed and in keeping with a 4/5 star experience. The bathrooms look a touch tired, but are fine.

We ate at all the restaurants and have to say the buffet was fantastic. 3 out if the 5 nights we ate there. It's good value, and the food and service were brilliant.

The Indian restaurant on the roof was supposed to be the best in Puna. It was good, but not amazing. The setting it lovely, as it's by the pool.

The Italian restaurant was the only bad experience we had during our stay. Starters came out wrong, when the correct one came out it was literally frozen with ice on it. The mains were both missing veg and extras listed as coming with them on the menu. It's also, the most expensive place to eat! We complained and got a sort of apology. Worst of all the Italian chef talked to every guest EXCEPT us. No apology from him. To busy talking. He did none of the cooking and did not even supervise the food being dished up by his chefs.

This was however a blip in the overall experience. The hotel manager was very apologetic and did refund one meal. My advice...skip the Italian.

The pool as mentioned is on the roof and has a shallow padding area and a deeper swimming area. It's freezing! I actually wondered if they made it super cold on purpose! The bar by it is nice as was the bar food.

I used the gym daily, which has everything you need and is super clean.

Also visited the nightclub. Again supposed to be the best in Puna. It was good and would reccomend it.

One thing to mention is the hotel is by the train station. Thus you get train horns blowing at all hours of the day. It actually didn't bother me at all and I slept fine, but I'd see how others may not.

All in all I'd reccomend this hotel and would look forward to going again if I'm needed in Puna.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip , would call the location is key highlight with you watching the railway station which is a landmark of the place. The central place allows you to navigate around pune and distance from airport is also less. The food was great and the hospitality extended by the team was worth mentioning. Pick this place as first choice

Room Tip: Pick one facing the railway station
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was on a business trip through India, and this was the best hotel we've stayed at. Some of the other 5 star properties had better rooms, but the atmosphere in this hotel was special.
We had a great meal in the Italian restaurant, just waited too long for the bill.
Breakfast was excellent - try the pan-fried salmon.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business