“Good if you are not too picky about style or smell.”
Review of The Pride Hotel

The Pride Hotel
Ranked #45 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Edmonton
“Good if you are not too picky about style or smell.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Well ... the rooms did smell a little stale or worse. But the hotel is clean, if dated. There is a good gym, which seems rare for hotels in the area. It had large set of free weights (including a Smith machine), as well as a few other machines and treadmills. I had breakfast in the restaurant. It was not as good as other hotels at the same price in India.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MKD_Canada
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Sir,

We were indeed pleased to have your valuable and honest comments.

We appreciate your having spared valuable time to complete our Comment Card as your feedback goes a long way to improving our services.

The House Keeping team has been briefed about your comments and would ensure that there will be no problem with regards to the smell in your future stay.

Once again we thank you for your patronage and look forward to receiving you very soon at The Pride Hotel, Pune

Regional General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Dunedin NZ
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I arrived from New Zealand to stay here for some time while we found an apartment.
Our experience was truly forgetable. The air conditioning controls in the first room, 408 did not function . The A/C struggled to throw out any form of cold air and smelled .I asked that the motor and filter be checked by the "technicians" and watched them do nothing except pull out the panel and look at it. I told them that the motor was about to seize , judging by the smell coming out of it.
We were the shifted to room 409 .
I had developed a cough which had similiar symptoms to the flu.- I put it down to the A/C which put out warm air and dust. I had some antibiotics but by the 5th day we had had enough. The only way to cool this room down was to leave the front door open . The A/C in this room had no cold air at all and what air did manage to find its way into the room was warm and dusty.
The night before we departed we were given a superior suite called the Peshwar room which had an A/C unit that actually worked
We found the meals were not up to western standards and we resorted to eating fish and chips.
The hotel does not really cater for westerners and we found most of the meals extremely spicy.
The xtacy bar and restaurant is a murky western replica where you need a torch to read the menu as you were being served by pseudo cowboys dressed in jeans, red checked shirts and cowboy hats. The meals were ok at best and the one redeeming feature was the elderly gentleman that guided us to our table,
The breakfast's were the best meal of the day - the chef cooked a great omelet and always had a smile . However when he had a day off his replacement was an ignorant man who totally ignored us when we approached hm to order our meal.
The tv in our rooms had just 3 channels in English, one of which was a sports channel. The staff at the bottom end of the food chain were great - very curteous and obliging.
As much as I dislike writing this, if you are contemplating staying here forget it. There are much better places to stay at. I totally agree with the comments by Messrs Anas and Satish.

My final suggestion would be for the General manager of this hotel to go and and spend a night in some of these rooms- it may be the only way that improvements are made!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Dear Mr. Rennie,

We were indeed pleased to have your valuable and honest comments.

Please accept my apologies once again for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

As told to you earlier, necessary lessons have been drawn from this incident and the concerned department/staff has been severely reprimanded and briefed on the same.

I assure you that this sort of negligence will not be repeated in the future for which I take personal guarantee.

Looking forward to meeting you and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Regional General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Pune hotels

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was supposed to stay for two nights but couldn't bear the smell of the hotel nor the rooms.. so had to escape after one night... and go to real 5 stars hotel..
first, room was too old, and smell was terrible.. i asked to change my room as i couldnt sleep with these smells coming from the AC.. even the new room, it was almost the same..!! bath is old and give me a bad feeling that I will leave with some infection.. dont know why.. the looby is small and furniture was too old... the next morning and due to the previuos mentioned impressions, i couldn't eat anything but milk with some cornflakes.. paid 95 $ but really didn't worth more than 50 $...

if you have the choice with another hotel of a real 5 stars rating go with it.. don't go there..

Room Tip: both rooms i stayed at were same, same bad smell, old furniture and stinky baths..avoid it
Dear Mr. Sir,

We were indeed pleased to have your valuable and honest comments.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

Necessary lessons have been drawn from this incident and the House Keeping Department has been severely reprimanded and briefed on the same.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is horrible in every aspect. Totally I have stayed in this hotel 3 times. Twice in the month of February 2012. Since the rooms here did not match anywhere close to even 3 star hotel, let alone 5-star standard, the third time when I was booking in this hotel in Sept 2012, I made a explicit request to reservation personnel to provide a good room. The reservation personnel was honest enough to acknowledge that the rooms that I was given in my last two visits were not of good quality; and this time she said she will give me a premium room, of course with higher room rate (about Rs 7500 per night). When I checked in I found that the room was definitely better in terms of interiors, because the interiors of this rooms was newly done. But the good things just stopped there. Everything else was horrible. The biggest problems i had are:
* The air quality in the room was just pathetic. I felt as if I entered a old basement with no ventilation. Th room was so stuffy and stinking that I started sneezing and coughing almost instantly after I entered the room.
* I tried opening the Window to get in fresh air, but was locked. The hotel staff just smiled and disappeared from the scene.
* I tried controlling AC for adjusting temperature in the room. No Effect. Basically AC control was not working.
* The bed sheet and Pillows were not too warm and cozy. They had the stuffy smell in them too.
* Somehow i managed to sleep in that room for that night. By the time I got up the next morning I had developed cold and cough because of the bad air quality and allergens in the not-so-dry linen.

I had booked the room for 2 nights, but I changed my mind instantaneously and the first thing I did in the morning was to checkout from this hotel.
I hope no one else suffers like me.
- Satish

1 Thank satish_vs
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Mr. Satish,

We were indeed pleased to have your valuable and honest comments.

Necessary lessons have been drawn from this incident and the concerned department/staff has been severely reprimanded and briefed on the same.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here for second time - first stay was more than year back. Room was good and comfortable. All facilities were in place as required. Restaurant provided good food. Hotel is rightly priced. Hotel staff services need to be improved including at restaurant, which will go long way to improving hotel rating, however, stay was ofcourse comfortable.

Dear Sir ,

Greetings from the City of Virtue!!!

Thank you for choosing The Pride, Pune, we’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Pune, India
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We along with my kid visited this hotel to dine in one cozy evening, once we entered dimly lit xtecy the name of the dining place,we were greeted by smiling older man who appeared very kind and appolegetic in nature and gave us the corner table since it was a bar and kids were not allowed. We sat on the corner table it was comfortable except the cigarettes smoke which made our stay bit unpleasant any way when the dinner was served by equally genuinely interested waiter which seemed bit cosmopolitan but the dessert was superb and we loved it. If you want to visit go without kids.

Room Tip: I have never stayed there except to dine
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir ,

AGRA, INDIA
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed after a long time in PRIDE Pune. I was with my family which includes two Kids of 6 yr and 5 yr. First of all thanks to the housekeeping people who were very considerate and supportive . Kids were always trying to convert the room into garbage can and housekeeping people were again and again bringing back into top notch condition. Hotel is bit old but management has done a nice job to maintain it. Breakfast was fantastic with Presence of Mr. SASHI NAYAR who was always ready to cover extra length to make you happy, but I would like to suggest one thing that they should be little bit more accomodating as on one day , we were late by half-n-hour and was told blunt no and unfortunately Shashi was also off on that day. Same problem happened with me in last month at ITC MARATHA Mumbai and they served the full course breakfast (without bill i.e. complimentary) in the room itself even at 12.30. Hence in my opinion some room of improvement is there. One more improvement required is in beverages section as quality of tea was not consistent and they were not listening to requests raised at the time of order. Check-in and out was swift and without any hassle with special thanks to Miss Debolina. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BRIJESH67
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Mr. Brijesh,