“Best Pan Asian Food Available at Baan Tao”
Review of Baan Tao

Baan Tao
Ranked #8 of 6,822 Restaurants in Pune
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our very popular Oriental restaurant Baan Tao - an award-winning restaurant that serves up authentic Chinese and Thai cuisine. Baan Tao continues to receive accolades for its authentic Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese fare. Indulge in unique dining experiences, such as dim sum lunches and shabu shabu, a popular hot pot in Japan. Relax to the sounds of a waterfall in the outdoor dining area or choose from charming Thai Salas or Chinese pavilions for something more intimate and romantic.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

It was raining hard which was perfect for setting the mood. It took us 30 minutes to reach the place and I was quiet amazed and touched to see where I have landed this time. It was Ban Tao – a Pan Asian Restaurant on which I had my eyes since so many days but was not getting a purpose to visit.

We gave the car for Valet Parking and went to the SF floor . Holy Moly .. What a setup. The dark mood, the candles lit, the wooden floor, the furniture, the outdoor sitting beside the big wall with the sound of Water Rippling , all the tension disappeared. That was the perfect background to experience Thailand or Malaysia in Pune.

1st dish ordered was quiet quick as I had already gone through the menu earlier many times on Zomato.(One thing which I study apart from Fiction :P). Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce . The service was a little slow because of WNS having some corporate function the same day in the same hotel. I think they were short of staff too because it was Eid (Guys, its Eid and not Id as I read recently somebody wishing “Id Mubarak” :O . It came after nearly 30 minutes. However, the portion was very good (9/10) Subtracted 1 point for the sauce. I wanted little more. It was tasty and one of the best I had. It is a gauging meter I use to rate a Pan Asian restaurant like I would order Paneer Butter Masala to gauge a north Indian restaurant.

For the main we ordered Chicken Pad Thai. This time I had to use LED Torch light to decide the main course.. It was saucy and tasty (8/10) . However, the portion was little less. We were still not feeling full.

We were in dilemma, whether to order dessert and finish off the meal or order another dish. Enough of chicken already . We ordered some steamed rice and Thai green Prawn Curry. It was actually the best Thai Dish I have encountered. The spice was on the higher side as I would prefer green curry to be. The quantity more than expected this time, the prawns big enough and soft and succulent. The cool breeze outside, the mild drizzling of the rain and the hot rice and prawns , my hubby was smiling now. All his stress had vanished from his face and it was nice to see him enjoying the good food.

It was Eid, the food had to end with some dessert. We ordered Lemon Grass Pana Cotta with Hot Chocolate Pastry. It was 10/10 . I wanted to take pictures of the dishes. I tried hard in Manual Setting of my DSLR to get atleast 1 pic of the food . Still all efforts went in vain because of low light. May be I need to visit the restaurant in the day time again for better pictures for you all to believe.

It was one of the most memorable Eid in which we enjoyed. Otherwise it would be cooking and cooking and serving throughout the day. Some days should be “Me Days “.

Ban Tao @ Hyatt made our “Me Day” . I would visit this restaurant again and recommend all to visit this one.

more details : http://flavoursunlimited.blogspot.in/2014/07/the-best-pan-asian-restaurant-ban-tao.html

2  Thank Soma P
Vimal V, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

Dear Soma P

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to have wonderful and detailed experience at Baan Tao. We are really glad to know about your satisfaction with the food, service and ambiance as well. Its a delight to make your Eid a special one.

There are newer reviews for Baan Tao

Reviewed July 25, 2014

The variety they have is excellent. it is very good value for money . The staff though are very courteous and friendly, the service is a tad slow.

1  Thank SwatiAJ
Vimal V, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear SwatiAJ

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are extremely delighted to have wonderful comments of your experience at Baan Tao. We are really glad to know about your overall satisfaction regarding food and service. The team is highly motivated reading your comments and would continue doing so.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

After a lot of contemplation of where to take my family for dinner, I finally thought of trying Baan Tao.
The staff at the entrance were extremely warm and welcoming. They guided us to the restaurant and honestly, the ambiance is breathtaking. The little pond with dragon fruit lamps were extremely calming and again, the staff gave us a warm welcome. One doesn't need to think over where to sit, every corner is as warm as it can get. The food and the drinks are very delicious. You must definitely try the Thai curry. It is a must try.
What mattered to me was a good decent crowd and a place my family would entry coupled with food that make your taste buds dance. Baan Tao is just the place for that. Quiet enough to let you spend a good time with your family or any kind of company.

For those you prefer indoor seating, well, Baan Tao has just the perfect simple yet classy arrangement for you, which is also extended to the outer outdoor seating with interconnected ponds. Who doesn't love watching gold fish now?

Overall, a wonderful experience. Decently costed.

1  Thank Tulika_Chelsea
Vimal V, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear Tulika_Chelsea

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are extremely delighted to have detailed and wonderful comments of your experience at Baan Tao. We are really glad to know about your overall satisfaction regarding food, service and ambience. The team is highly motivated reading your comments and would continue doing so.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had been here for my girlfriends birthday.
We got seats outside. The dim lighting, waterfall and overall ambience was beyond expectations. The food was wonderful.
Service was excellent. They also got a cake for my gf without me asking for it.

Amazing!!

1  Thank RRN7989
Vimal V, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear RRN7989

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to have wonderful comments of your experience at Baan Tao. The special table arrangement in middle of the water body and waterfall on one side is a unique feature of the dining destination. Its a sensory experience and perfect romantic place.

We are really glad to know that we made your evening a special one by overall experience. We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments online. We hope to welcome you back to Baan Tao very soon

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

The ambience here is great, and so is the food. If you are looking for good food, this is the place to eat. And on a Sunday, try the brunch at the Hyatt coffee shop. Normally items from Baan Tao are also part of this brunch. Since I am vegan, it's normally difficult for me to find enough food items in a restaurant but here I find more than enough. Its my favourite hangout on a Sunday :)

Dear AnuradhaPune

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are extremely delighted to have your comments of your experience at Baan Tao on a regular day dinner and Sunday Brunch. Baan Tao is engagement of all the senses for all your visits. it is about different experience every time.

We are really glad to know about your overall satisfaction regarding food. We are thrilled to have read your comments and it is very motivating to get acknowledged for the same in such a forum.