First of all, Thank you all contributors for helping me to opt for this one of the greatest destinations in near vicinity of Pune.
I will just mention some bullet points that needs highlighting:
1. Road to Pune (via Kothrud on Bike) - Paanshet is good - some work is ongoing still a pleasant experience
2. MTDC resort was a pleasant destination to be at - Huge premises with some maintenance in progress
3. Straight forward process - just handed over my postponed and original booking receipt printout and entry in register
4. Receptionist escorted us through all vacant rooms and helped us to choose the best one according to him (Room#3)
5. Beyond imagination, room was huge enough to accommodate 8-9 people easily with extra bed already in place
6. Clean bedsheets, rugs, towels, bathroom (with hot water facility), glasses, windows, curtains and small fixed almirah
7. Noticed that in almirah, fresh papers were placed including naphthalene balls in each corner - which I would say hard to find in any resort at such low price
8. Only !dea network works satisfactorily
9. LCD TV was OK but due to distance from bed to TV, operating via remote was a task
10. Canteen was clean enough with limited menu - veg and non-veg!
11. Once order taken, they prepare the food - time taken 15-20 mins BUT was worth!
12. No explicit room service but courteous enough to have asked if we required something
13. Great mountain view through wide windows
14. Carom board and table tennis were great entertainment in the evening time
15. For one large family group, they assisted arranging a birthday party at canteen followed by camp fire
16. Special mention of the staff, very helpful and friendly
17. Both Paanshet & Varasgaon dams are at walking distance from MTDC resort
18. Overall a great weekend and worth to be at MTDC