“Addicted to Nirvana Paragliding!”
Review of Nirvana Adventures

Nirvana Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nirvana Adventure has been based in the Lake District of Kamshet ( 2.5 hours from mumbai) since its inception 1997 . We have discovered and christened a number sites within a few km of our base suitable for training, learning intermediate skills and advanced flying and have acquired an impressive range of paragliding and adventure equipment to facilitate safe training operations. Our activities include initiating newcomers into the wonders of paragliding and having fun in the sky, offering people tandem paraglider joyrides, site guiding and infrastructure to pilots traveling with their own equipment, procuring quality equipment for our students and conducting explorations and free flying trips to sites around the area and the world. Our program focus is on having fun and enjoying adventure and the outdoors in a safe sustainable eco friendly manner.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I visited Nirvana Adventures in November of 2012 to do ten days worth of paragliding training, and I must say that the experience was phenomenal. I regularly travel the world and try new things, and in the sea of possibilities, the Nirvana team in Kamshet, India really sticks out as a great bunch of people to not only hang out with, but to trust with your safety and have a great time learning a new sport.

For a long writeup about my experience, feel free to visit my blog at http://www.monkeetime.com/nirvanaparagliding/

Happy Landings!!!!

in 22 reviews
"ravi"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had heard about Nirvana quite a while back, and a long weekend in January seemed like a great opportunity to give it a go... for completeness, we checked out all the paragliding course providers in Kamshet... but somehow the confidence exuded by Nirvana stood out... and we were truly thankful that we made our decision in favour of Nirvana!

The experience was nothing short of perfect... the camp site - Native Place - is a home away from home, only better... for it's location on the shore of Uksan lake, the ambience, the design, carefully decorated rustic interiors, fabulous garden with several species of plants and trees is worth a visit even if you are not interested in paragliding.

Then the actual flying experience was something else! In three days, we had never expected to do solo flights... and we were thrilled that we could! And what stood out when we were doing these flights was the marked difference in professionalism, safety procedures and quality of training provided by Nirvana as compared to other less experienced schools around.

Amazing experience! We are surely looking forward to more visits and flights with Nirvana!

Read more about our experience with photos and videos at:

14  Thank ashubij
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was a perfect weekend getaway. Chilling out on the shores of Vadivali Lake along with the high energy paragliding is the perfect way to spend a weekend outside Mumbai. The instructors are very skilled and patient. The people, ambience, food, and flying gear are all perfect. We have currently completed half of our elementary pilot training course and cant wait to go there for many such weekend flights.

14  Thank Harsh S
Reviewed December 24, 2012

2 words - Perfect adventure holiday.

The people, place, ambiance, food, mornings, evenings and paragliding are all awesome.

In my 2 trips to nirvana, I have made friends with a dozen people who are from all over the world. I met amazing people from russia, america, italy, poland, germany, britan, belgium, japan. I have learnt a different perspective of life from them.

Native place felt more like a home than a resort. The food and ambiance is perfect. The dawn and dusk overlooking vadivali lake is breath taking.

The best thing happened is paragliding. The training system is safe and incremental. The instructors are very experienced in paragliding. They pay lot of attention to safety and detail.

Never imagined my life time dream of experiencing flying will come true on the third day of joining Elementary Pilot course. All the years I have lived with the feeling and pain in my gut for flying is justified with my first solo flight from a height of 50 feet above ground. I can say paragliding is the best thing ever happened in my life and I will never intend to leave it.

After a full day's physical work and paragliding, closing the day with hot shower, beer and tanduri is mind blowing.

Everything exceeded any of my expectations.

15  Thank KalyanRatakonda